Chuck

NBC (ended 2012)

w4u

Chuck Fan Reviews page 12 of 13

• A female agent meets a super hero male and they fall in love each other.

7.8
    I saw couple episodes of it it's not bad i'll admit but could be more original it kinda reminds of the spy who loved me though I never saw it I have only seen 3 episodes it is alright not the best it came out this year but Avatar, Heroes, etc. have came out in 2004, 2005, and 2007 and there popular maybe this might get popular sometime in the future but for now I am not really much of a fan of this. so I give this a 7.8 for now maybe next season or so I will change my reveiw.
  • Chuck is in luck.

He's in luck because I am a fan. I like the idea about a normal guy being given all this information that he needs clues to get. I also don't think that the friend isn't too bad looking and I am not gay The friend makes the show funny and is the nice comedic back up. I also noticed that this show is probably made more for the audience that I fit into, male teens and young adults. This is because of all the well endowed females scantily clad in all of the episodes. I watch every Friday. Yay Females!
  • A great new show!!

Edit: December 2, 2007.

This show is absolutely amazing. I'm rewriting my review because I love this show so much. I haven't been excited to see the next episode of a tv series since the OC days. I love Chuck Bartowski because he's a person you end up rooting for. He's charming, witty, funny, and Zachary Levi does a great job portraying a harmless geek. I love Sarah Walker because her character is so complex and mysterious. Yvonne, where the hell did they find her?, Strahovski is drop dead gorgeous and a great actress. I love John Casey for his sarcastic remarks and his hippy one liners. Adam Baldwin, I hope you found a show that doesn't end up getting cancelled five episodes in the season. I love Morgan Grimes because he is exactly what a geek could find in a best friend: someone to play video games with and be there for you. Joshua Gomez plays Morgan perfectly. I love Ellie Bartowski because she is such a big part of Chuck's life and I would love to have her as an older sister. Sarah Lancaster plays the sister role really well and is very cute. I love Devon(Cpt. Awesome) because he is just plain awesome. Ryan McPartlin, you're probably just as awesome as Captain Awesome himself. I love Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak for creating such a charming show that has a mix of comedy, drama, romance, and action which includes great music. I love the casting directors who casted such wonderful actors and actresses who have great chemistry on screen. I love the writers for making the characters so loveable, and I love Josh Schwartz for bringing Rachel Bilson back on screen because we all know she needs to get more exposure besides the OC because she's a wonderful actress. I hope to see this show grow successfully and it would be a shame if NBC were to never renew this show for another season. Here's to a second season!
  • I can never wait for the next episode!

Chuck is a truly genuine and original show, that's always filled with many surprising twists and not so surprising, but enjoyable twists. The witty humor from producer Josh Schwartz really shows through many of his characters, especially in Chuck and in Casey. This show has also produced some solid support characters as well, such as the 'awkward' Morgan, the odd Nerd Herd and the 'nemesis' Bryce Larkin. Right now I believe that Chuck is really under appreciated, despite its high quality. Hopefully in the near future this show will win many awards and get picked up in many more countries. We can only hope that it gets picked up for a second season!
  • Forget the review I wrote earlier!

Please forget about that review I wrote earlier on the show because then I thought it was just okay but now its practicaly one of my favorite shows! I wrote in my other review that it has to improve and that it is just okay and that it wasn't worth getting he season on DVD. I was extremely wrong. The show has greatly improved and it has by far exceeded the mark for me to get it on DVD. Now the episodes are intense and funny and heart-warming in a way. So if you just saw the first couple of episodes and stopped watching it go back and watch it. I'm so happy I didn't give up on Chuck!
  • My new best friend, guilty pleasure

When I first heard about this show preceding the high caliber Heroes I was a little skeptical. I mean Deal or No Deal did o.k. and that's not saying a lot really, but, after seeing and experiencing this show I'm glad I was wrong.

I love the mix of comedy, reality, and fantasy that goes on through the entire show. Chuck is probably one of the funniest characters on t.v. and you can't help but to like what he's all about. New comer Yvonne Strahovski is as brilliant as she is beautiful and I'm hoping to see more of her even outside the shows boundaries. Adam Baldwin, well there's no need to go there, one of the best talents television has since over the last decade. After hearing of the show being picked up for a full seeing I'm am looking forward to a new favorite to add to my list for years to come.

Great work NBC!
  • A spy show that can't be taken too seriously. It's like a modern day Get Smart. Spy capers with comedy & romance mixed in. And who doesn't LOVE Chuck?!

This episode starts where the last 1 left off. With the discovery of Bryce! Sarah's ex-love & partner & Chuck's ex-friend & nemisis. Bryce is awakened to insist that he is still 1 of the good guys & not a rogue agent. Chuck flashes on Operation Sand Wall & believes Bryce is on the level. Chuck is trying to have a nice Thanksgiving dinner with his friends & family when Bryce shows up. Chuck tells Sarah that Bryce is in his bedroom. She goes to talk to him & he kisses her. Chuck sees them kissing & is sad. Poor, cute, Chuck! Bryce escapes only to be shot, in the vest, by Casey, the male agent. Bryce tells them all that the bad guys are after him because they believe He is the one that has the downloaded gov files in his brain. He wants to turn himself into the real CIA. Chuck suggests doing that at the Buy More store where he works as a computer fix it geek. The bad guys show up instead & mayhem insues. The store is cleared & Casey shots it out with the bad guys. Sarah & Bryce show up just in the knick of time to save the day. Bryce tells them that the CIA want him to go back under deep cover to get the bad guys so Bryce would offically be dead & moving on. Later that night, Bryce calls. He's going to ask Sarah to go with him but at the same time, Chuck calls. Who's call will Sarah answer? I bet she'll chose Chuck, she's already begun to fall for him & the show is called Chuck afterall!!
  • Chuck is a new comedy with a bit of action and drama mixed together for a fun show to watch by everybody.

Chuck is a very smart man who was on his way in making a name for himself when he gets kicked out of Stanford and now has to work at Buy More as a computer repair man and live with his sister and her boyfriend. Chuck gets a mysterious email from his old friend Bryce and opens it to discover he downloaded a NCI database of all their secrets. Now Casey and Sarah are both watching him and using his information to get the bad guys and save the day. However, it is not easy when Chuck is not trained in being a spy and gets into more trouble than he realizes. Trying to have a normal life in hard enough but when you have to work for the government and can't tell your sister or best friend must be hard. Sarah and Chuck are cute together and it having to have a fake relationship is easy to do when they both like each other. Will they ever go on a real date is what everybody wants to know. Casey is great in this new show and you want to hate him for all the things he puts Chuck though but you can't. I hope Casey now considers Chuck his friend and won't be able to cancel him if he ever gets the green light from his boss. Chuck is a terrific show and great cast. I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Has only gotten better and better...

I have to admit that the only reason I started watching Chuck was primarily because of Yvonne Strahovski, aka Sarah Walker. As a guy how can I ignore a show with in my opinion one of the most beautiful new actresses in Hollywood. A

Anyways, the more I watched the show the more I started to enjoy it for the show itself. It's not your typical serious CSI, detective type show that tend to be very successful, it adds in more elements.

The humor/comedy help make it a family show as well which caters to an even larger demographic I feel. It has something for everyone really and I hope it sticks around for a long time.
  • Good but getting a little stale

It seems every week the episode is the same. Chuck flashes, Casey and Sarah try to capture the bad guys, Chuck gets caught in the middle, and Sarah and Casey rescue him. Bad guy then goes to jail/gets killed. And somewhere during the episode Chuck is at Buy More talking to Morgan. For the love of God could you please change things up a bit? And the episode this past Monday with Bryce being raised from the dead? Very, very predictable. As that coming when they showed the previews last week. Hopefully when this writer's strike is over they will come up with better material.
  • A great mix of action, comedy, and drama.

When I first heard the premise of this show I wasn't very intrigued. A computer repairmen turned spy? I just didn't think it would be interesting. I was pleasantly surprised, Chuck is turning out to be my favorite new show of the season. Its the perfect combination of action spy thriller, and comedic drama, probably closer to comedy than drama. The action scenes are very well done and remind me a little bit of Alias. The comedy writing is impressive, the witty one liners are great, and Morgan makes the perfect slacker sidekick. I can't wait to see where this show takes us.
  • Lovable computer nerd's brain gets turned into a secret government super computer and helps agents with missions.

This show makes me happy! I love it! I jog to this show every monday at the gym... I swear it makes 4 miles seem like nothing cause I enjoy it so much. It is just plain likable! I REALLY hope it gets picked up for a full season and then a second one. Because it just makes me happy. :) I'll watch it, buy it, or whatever... just keep it!!! Please NBC!! Everyone loves a good spy comedy! Levi is perfect for the roll and makes Chuck a really likable guy that anyone would like to know. You are always rooting for him... and I will be till the future of this show is secure!
  • Chuck has fast become my favorite TV show, pulling at my heart-strings every episode and keeping me addicted.

First watching Chuck, I felt like I'd been here and seen this. It was a lot like Alias crossed with Jake 2.0, but with a new twist. Chuck is a lovable character, along with his best friend Morgan, anything can happen and for Chuck everything does. After an email from his ex-friend Bryce, Chuck has the intersect downloaded into his brain, he essentially becomes the most important thing to America's secret services. Two agents from the two agencies are set to handle Chuck.

What follows is 'everything that can happen, will happen, and right when it shouldn't'.

Chuck's personal life suffers the most with his new double-life, and this is the hard part. The shot of both sides of Chuck is what makes this show a must watch, it brings out a sense of reality that seems almost unreal.
  • Amazing Stuff!

Chuck is about young spies destined to save anyone in need. It's chock-ful of comedy, romance,action, and even more humor. The actors are absolutely sensational and they play their parts extremely well. Chuck is a computer geek that came upon goverment information...and it got downloaded into his brain. Lol. He is an undercover spy that has a "gift" to help him with that certain job. Undercover job equals undercover relationships. At the beginning Chuck and his other half (well, she better be his half later on, at least) Sarah are in the course of having an undercover love life (for the sake of their spy job, of course.)Well, I gues I shouldn't spoil it for you, but trust me. WaTcH ThIs to keep the ratings up! The best show this channel has had in a long time, imo.
  • Chuck is awesome! Makes a great start to the week

Chuck is my favourite TV series, probably of all time. I consider myself a bit of a nerd, so something celebrating nerdom (for want of a better word) is absolutely fantastic!

I love the humour of the show, the action adds a nice touch (although the whole serious spy nature of the series is always being underminded - computer stealing ninjas? - I think it suits the character of the series better) and I lovelovelove the characters! The characters are for the most part hugely endearing, and it's just the way that the whole series is so unlikely in its combinations (nerd hero + spy?) that makes it a really light hearted and fun series to watch.

To put it in Devon's words: Chuck is awesome!
  • Great stuff.

"Chuck" is a terrific new show that, I admit, was a little slow in the first episode. Since then, it has really picked up. The show wonderfully mixes in comedy and action, making us laugh with the subtle jokes and sit at the edge of our seats in anticipation of where the action will take us.

Yvonne Strzechowski is likeable (and hottttt) as Chuck's pretend girlfriend/spy, while Adam Baldwin keeps us laughing with his little quips about Chuck. Even the mini sub-plot of Morgan and company in the Buy More can be entertaining at times.

"Chuck" is an entertaining hour of television that deserves to get picked up for another season (and another after that...). Watch it while you can!...if the writer's strike ruins television, you'll have regretted missing "Chuck" (strike as of Nov. 2007).
  • This show is just great. Total awesomeness.

This show is one of the best new shows of the fall. It combines smart, sexy, and comedy along with romance and mystery. Its sort of like a "dramedance". If you like comedies with drama and romance intertwined, you'll love this show. It is about a character named Chuck who works with the CIA and NSA to catch terrorists and stop major disasters. The CIA agent, Sarah Walker, is smart, sexy, and tough and is also developing a relationship with Chuck. Casey, an NSA agent, is a tough, smart-talking, sour tounged, sarcastic agent who is always on the lookout. I think this show is great for anyone who loves mixed show, like Boston Legal.
  • Chuck is a witty comedic drama written intentionally (and effectively) over the top and unbelievable.

Chuck is great. There's a great mix of everything in this series written by the guy behind The OC. Josh Schwartz has taken everything that worked well in the The OC and put it into Chuck. Imagine Seth Cohen with his own series and this is what you get. Car chases, attractive girls and an over-the-top plot have been thoughtfully and carefully blended together to make for ingenious comedic tv watching. An everyday nerd working for the government with one hardball watcher and another watcher who he is developing a love interest for (and it doesn't go unreturned). A repetitious plot made better- and funnier.
  • Chuck is about an average guy named Chuck who works at Buy More's Nerd Herd. Chuck checks his email and opens a message from old college buddy Bryce Larkin. When he opens the email, goverment secrets are dowloaded into his brain.

One of the best new shows of the year! A definite must see. I personally set my Tivo to record every episode. Chuck is full of humor like Chuck ordering Sizzling Shrimp and having it delivered to their stakeout car. Chuck is full of great characters like Chuck's geeky best friend Morgan, his supportive sister Ellie and her boyfriend Captain Awesome, and the mysterious government agents Casey and Sarah. Chuck has a job fixing computers at a store called Buy More, which is just like the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Their is a new villian every week. Chuck gets better with each episode.
  • Chuck receives an e-mail containing all the NSA/CIA secrets. After opening it, all the information is downloaded into his mind. Protected by gov't agents, he tries to cope with the pressures of being a hero, and protecting his family by keeping it secret.

This show was recommended to me by a friend, and while on a long business trip, I started watching downloaded episodes. I was hooked from the very start. The show entertains by mixing a variety of comedy, drama, and action/adventure. For me, every character brings something to the table. Chuck is very likeable, and I find myself pulling for him to make more of himself every week. Sarah Walker (CIA Agent protecting him and posing as his girlfriend) is a lethal combination of beauty, brains and fighting skill. Major John Casey provides dry humor through his raw style and repeated anger towards his cover as a Buy More salesman. Ellie, Chuck's sister is sometimes annoying to me, but, very easy on the eyes, so therefore tolerable. I really like his best friend Morgan. He takes the slacker mentality to a whole new level. I also like Captain Awesome. His comments are often ridiculous, and funny as he adds the term "awesome" to almost every phrase he utters.

I think that what makes this show great is that it refuses to be completely serious. Chuck provides comic relief to Sarah and Casey's situations. Morgan finds a way to provide comic relief to Chuck's situations. Also the car chases, the fight sequences, and the beautiful women keep me on the edge of my seat. Also the romantic tension building between Chuck and Sarah is fun to watch. There is hope out there for the Nerds of the world.

So far my main concern is that it doesn't have the viewership to be picked up for a full season. The writer's strike also puts this show in jeopardy of losing momentum. I hope that doesn't happen. This show is quickly moving up to my favorite. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest that you check out the Pilot. If that doesn't sell it for you, I don't know what will.
  • The good idea of this TV Show is the main characotr that have an important state secrets whom makin him important for the states power.

I think that charactor ''Chuck'' should change a bit ,He should be more self confident and start taking moves with Sara, He realy fell for her Ithink he should go on tnd get her.
    And when one of Chuck friends will found out about is new job as a spy.

Morgan,
    he is cool but is charactor has a totaly geek its not right ,
    but him dating Chuck sister Eli its not right either,
    hope its just an idea ran throw my mine beacuse she is totaly HOT!!

Casey i belive we about to find out that he is with the bad guys i don't know why but i got this feeling =[
  • Seth Cohen like character mets Alias like spy-world. This equals classic.

I've been looking for a action/comedy show since I started gettng into T.V. shows. I watched the O.C. and knew that Josh Schwartz meant a good show that was thankfully hilarious, so when I heard he was up to a comedy/action show...I had to watch. I've been in tears of laughter since they started. All the characters are funny and keep me happy to watch. Chuck and Morgan have a friendship that I can totally relate to, so thats a definite plus. I hope that show will last and not get cut off like The O.C. just when it was getting good again. Keep this show alive!
  • Funny, with likable characters and nice ideas, one of my favorites

After watching the pilot I was not sure what to make of the series. On one hand there was this ridiculous story, where a guy steals the whole CIA/NSA database onto his handy and when he is caught sends it per email(about how many GB are we talking here) to an old college buddy. When that guy opens the mail it is downloaded into his brain. That really hurt...

On the other hand, I really had a good laugh, the jokes were funny and I liked the characters.

Now after a few episodes, that feeling has changed a bit.
    Still, there are some glitches in the "logic/physics" department, but only minor ones. But I usually have a good laugh in each show, the jokes are very nice, the characters likable, the acting is good(I am a huge fan of Adam Baldwin since Firefly). Also it is important to mention that the show does not take itself too serious, so a few glitches are probably in order.

So, if you are not too much annoyed by the pilot story and some other minor glitches, I can really recommend it. It is a light and funny spy story, you won't regret it.
  • One man with all the secrets of the USA and two agents sent to protect him, awesome all the way around!

I caught the third episode on a replay Sunday afternoon and I couldn't wait to see the first two! I got to my computer and instantly downloaded all the available episodes through itunes. I cannot even tell you how much it was worth it! This show has everything a growing person needs, romance, adventure, spys, and of course cool gadgets! The characters continue to grow and advance from where we saw them at the start of the series, Chuck in particular. I have also noticed the subtle effect that Chuck is having on Sarah and Casy(to some extent anyways). The continual sexual and emotional tension between Chuck and Sarah is a great and I cannot wait to see where it goes. Chucks sister Ellie, captain awesome, and Morgan all add the special; family and friend aspect to the show which is refreshing. Overall the show is awesome and the story line is complete. Anyone can tell that the writers are having a blast with the characters and the world the Chuck opens up. I cannot wait to continue and eventually finish the season!
  • Chuck has made Monday my new favourite day of the week. I look forward to each episode; with its original plot and fresh characters and actors. I love the regular guy needed to save the world. Bringing a nerd into the world of espionage, genius.

I really love Chuck. The series is really fresh and funny; really entertaining. Zachary Levi has natural talent; his facial expressions kill me everytime. The character Chuck was tailor-made for Levi. Can't imagine anybody else playing him. Love the supporting cast and spy stunts. The potiential love interest with Sarah is riveting to watch. I love the fact that Chuck REMAINS a regular guy and is always himself even though he's a secret spy. Cool beans. We can live vicariously through him and his experiences since viewers can relate to an Average Joe like Chuck. He has so much going on with family life and Buy More co-workers and now he has secret spy missions. I can't wait for future episodes!!! Chuck rocks!!!
  • This is a great premis and a pretty good show...but they are walking a fine line that could go bad very quickly if the producers don't pay attention.

This really is a GREAT show and a clever premis. Who doesn't love a good "fish out of water" concept? Throw in some great spy stuff, action, and a few goofy nerds and you've got a good show.

It's good because it doesn't take itself too seriously...most of the time. The show only fails in the moments they are trying to sell something "serious", like anytime the military higher-ups are giving an assignment. These feel like the ultimate LAME moments of the show. Staged poorly and worthless moments that more likeable characters could deliver.

Overall, the show will be great with some minor modifications. If the network will give it time to mature, CHUCK could become a favorite show of millions.
  • Best news show of Fall 2007! I am head over heels in love with Chuck, both the show and the character.

I am head over heels in love with Chuck, both the show and the character. If you haven't seen it, Chuck is about this lovable nerd whose former roommate from college that ruined both stole his girl and got him kicked out of school turned spy and sent him all of the NSA and CIA's secrets. Said secrets are now downloaded into Chuck's brain and the NSA and CIA are both tracking him undercover and using him to catch baddies all while trying to live his normal life working in the Nerd Herd at a pseudo-Best Buy. It's a complicated plot, but it is very well done. And of course, Chuck has the required hot chick for Chuck to have sexual tension with (the CIA agent), the tough guy foil (the NSA agent played by Adam Baldwin - one of my favs) and the dorky best friend who doesn't have a clue (and I adore Morgan almost as much as I do Chuck). Watch it, TiVo it, do whatever you need to see this show. I can't decide if this is my favorite new show, or my new favorite show. But I'm worried because there is an unsettling trend of canceling shows I love, so fingers crossed that Chuck makes it.
  • Like watching a great movie every week.

This one made my "Must Watch Fall 07" List mainly because of the plot. I enjoy shows that are more than just Soap Operas with good writing. I like a little touch of the Supernatural or Unusual. After seeing the pilot for Chuck I was blown away at how good this show is. The sharp colorful visuals, and the good balance of comedy and action are the kind of things you expect from a great movie with a gigantic budget and yet each Chuck episode manages to pull this stuff off so far. I also like the actors and their characters quite alot, except for Chuck's friend Morgan. I think the character is good, but the actor comes off as annoying. However that is just 1 negative point among many positive. Oh, and I guess the head of the NSA and the head of the CIA being together on the conference calls is kind of lame too, but oh well.
  • THIS IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST ACTION/COMEDYS I HAVE EVER SEEN.....

Chuck is a good mix of action and comedy, i like a lot of things about this show from Morgan the completely dependent and frankly Chuck obsessed friend to the predictable replys from Captain Awesome along with the inter agency squables from Sarah and Casey, the storys flow nicely and the little flashes of info that are triggered when he see certain images or hears keywords is a interesting way to reveal that episodes plot as the story unfolds,
    Overal Chuck is a great show with lots of potential its well acted, well directed and has a good look and feel to it.
  • One of the best new comedies out this season!

Chuck was relatively unknown to me until I saw the ads and publicity it was getting. In my opinion Chuck has got to be one of the funniest shows on television at the moment. The scenarios Chuck finds himself in, his reactions to them as well as the antics of best friend Morgan make an enjoyable viewing experience. Chuck is a geeky, comical computer Technician at the local Buy More, his life takes a total change one day as he is told that he has a whole database of government secrets downloaded into his brain. NSA agent Casey and undercover CIA agent Sarah are assigned to protect Chuck and complete missions with him.

All of a sudden Chuck finds himself solving major problems and is involved in important spy missions. As well as his spy missions Chuck is still working his day job at the buy-more under the supervision of agent Casey and Sarah for $11 bucks an hour.

If an original, hilarious programme is what you're looking for then give this show a chance, watch it!
7 8 9 10 11 12 13