Chuck

NBC (ended 2012)

w4u

Chuck Fan Reviews page 13 of 13

• A very witty and original show

Chuck has defiantly grown on me this last few weeks with it's nerdy mixture of humour and day to day spoofs which make this show worth watching. Chuck a talented underachiever receives an email which automatically downloads a database of government secrets into his brain, then with the help of two security rivals fight over who will take ownership of him. Zachary Levi who plays Chuck, is right for the part with his charm and huour plays a completely different role as to Kipp in Less Than Perfect.

As with all pilots that show started off slow and we were all left as to where the show might be going but it's full steam ahead on the U.S Chuck.
  • The stressful life of a computer tech.

I felt a strong connection within the first minutes of this show. Chuck trying to escape from his own birthday... yeah can understand that. I try to hide with a few good friends every year as well. Anyway, back on topic. I have to admit that I started to watch the series as I saw Adam Baldwin on the list of the cast (I loved him on the Firefly show). A show like this is difficult in my opinion. It is so easy to slip and fall into stupid lame joking and overdoing all the cliché things that comes with the whole nerd/spy thing. But the crew manages to keep the series on track. Lots of great geek moments with good timing on the jokes, action that is funny without becoming silly and telling the story at a good pace are the key to keep the viewers attention.
    Another big thank you goes to those responsible for the casting here. It is very important that the chemistry of the crew works for a show like this and by god it does here.

All in all a great show that seems to get better and better.
  • It gets better with every episode

It gets better with every episode, has hot women all in the show. His buddy at Buy More is like my best friend, i like this show, and i look forward to it every Monday,Not Heroes. This is is pretty creative in how they set the show, how they put the pilot out there, you know people like this show because they have a new intro to the show. Just like 'til death this show always makes me laugh. And how they compare the Nerd Heard and Buy More to Geek Squad and Best Buy is great, I like this show.
  • Love it. I'm happy to have a show like this to follow up on. XD

Out of all the new series I would have to say this is my favorite. I laugh so much when i watch this show. The cast is perfect, my only problem is Chuck's friend, I don't like him. But the rest were casted to perfection. I love it how Chuck stays like Chuck, he doesnt go all spy and whatnot on us. I hope that he will continue as he is.

My only concern is if the writers will be able to keep the show going without letting it 'drag' on. If the plot will change or if it will be him, Sarah and Casey fighting whoever forever. Well, in conclusion I think this show is great! XD
  • I love this show! it's exactly what i needed! FANTASTIC.

This show is awesome! exactly what i was looking for! the whole cute, yet intelligent main character. He's so lovable! And so is his funny, outspoken friend...perfect! And the whole evasive relationship between Chuck and Sarah. This show makes me laugh so hard! I totally was not expecting it after reading the plot. This is definitely the only show this year that i'll be roooting for! It has really improved over the first three episodes, and it's such a show for everyone! The plot could probably get very messy though...let's just hope that the writers can keep up the good work.
  • Chuck, a regular guy who works at an electronics store.All he does is fix computers until... and old College roomate who works for the CIA sends him an e-mail.It contains all top govt.info which goes to his brain.He now has a super computer in his brain.

I liked this show from the beggining. I gave it a chance because I was waiting for Heroes to start and ended up loving it. I like the comedy in it and the fact that hes in the Nerd herd in Buy More,just like the Geeks Squad in Best Buy. I think it has the potential to be a hit show, and i think its a little different from some of the other shows that are out there. I like the weird guy who is always following him though i can't remember his name. He's a funny character that goes overboard with his surveillance of Chuck.
  • An underachieving niced guy accidentally downloads the sole copy of secret CIA intelligence into his brain.

If Monday night is "revenge of the nerds" night as a recent item in my local newspaper indicated the lead off series is Chuck. When Chuck receives the CIA's most secret information is he hustled off to Guantanamo for intense interrogation? No, in Josh Swartz (THE OC) world, he is assigned a beautiful CIA agent who acts as his girlfriend and a NSA thug who keeps an eye on his counterpart (and their new top asset) as well as acting as a bodyguard for Chuck.
    Zachary Levi plays chuck who is supposed to be a nerd but is out shown in that by Joshua Gomez as Morgan who provides a comic foil for Chuck. Yvonne Strzechowski as the beautiful blond CIA agent provides sexual tension for Chuck as well a mean karate kick or two. The addition of Sarah Lancaster (Everwood and what about Brian) as Chuck's big sister brightens the scene and provides Chuck with a character it interact with and discuss his trial and tribulations without revealing his biggest secret.
    Adam Baldwin (Firefly, Serenity) as the NSA officer rounds out this barely functional team guarding our Nation's security. With everything said, this series deserves a chance. The characters interact in mostly predictable ways but the acting is believable and the scripts generally save a surprise for the ending.
  • Excellent

Comedy, Action and very sexy woman! What else could you want from a show? Good actors? This has that as well. Its different, action packed, funny and the woman in it are so HOT. I can see great things from this show but as I have experienced in the past that counts for nothing and I can see this show falling at 5, if it even gets that far. They take away all the best shows. If anybody cares for good tv they will stop watching reality tv Sh*t and tune in to this, we might just get a full season yet.
  • Redefining the sitcom as we know it.

This is a comedy first and foremost. Comparisons to other drama shows are irrelevant because that's not the premise of the show. When you think of sitcoms, what do you visualize? People hanging out in an apartment, house, work, or restaurant, making (occasionally) witty comments about life while having various romantic escapades. That pretty much defines every sitcom ever made. But what if the life the characters were leading was slightly less common?

Two new shows this season wondered that same question. Chuck and Reaper. Make no mistake, these are sitcoms, even if they don't fit into the half-hour format or fall into the standard cookie-cutter sitcom routine. Unfortunately, many viewers get it in their head that a show has to be a certain way if its an hour long or contains a lot of action. Thus, many viewers go into the show with the wrong expectations and leave disappointed.

We should applaud the brave producers and networks who throw aside the conventions and dare to try new things. Put away your preconceived notions, open your mind, and try to see the show for what it really is: a comedy with a splash of action/adventure.
  • great show

I'm impressed after seeing the first episode. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season. I feel this show will become a big hit. I really love the humor shown in the show. It's nice to see a comedy that I actually care about watching. Chuck is an excellent character, he's an ordinary guy that gets entangled in the world of espionage. It's a great hook. The agents themselves look serious, but you don't have to think about how accurate real spies are since this is a comedy. Spies are made to look smart with some james bond like qualities in them. It's really entertaining. It's a great show.
  • With "nerds" now being commonplace in today's pop culture, it was only a matter of time until a show came along to demonstrate that.

Computers, underground government secrets, blatant references to Best Buy... it was only a matter of time before a show like this came around.

Chuck is your average graduate student working at the tech help center of a computer store when he inadvertently acquires the government's secrets in one nifty e-mail attachment. Choas can only follow. So far, "Chuck" seems like a pretty average, yet enjoyable, new show, that reminds me of previous "protagonists without a clue" characters such as Inspector Gadget or RocketMan. Similarly, some of the jokes, mostly delivered by the sidekick of the series, are pretty standard and expected, but that certainly doesn't make the show downright un-viewable.

Aside from the clueless factor, the second thing that drives this show is the interaction between the straight-laced agent, Chuck, and the potential love interest and other agent. With all of them arguing over what to do with the information now stored inside Chuck, the results are your basic sitcom stuff.

But what really drives this show (supposedly, based on the two episodes shown) are Chuck's little brain flashes, with the help of his recently gained information. With that, the trio try to stop crime before anything major happens.

While not a complete work of genius, "Chuck" is a nice little sitcom/drama that's enjoyable. My one gripe about it is that it's an hour long; I personally think sitcoms should be 30 minutes tops.
  • Surprised me on how good it was...

I wasn't even thinking about watching Chuck, but it was the only thing on at the time. I sat down and watched it, and I was astouned on how good it was! I love the whole 'Chuck has the whole world in his head' type of thing too. I can see this being a movie more than a TV show, but if we can get more episodes that explains the mystery, I'm all for it. I love how Chuck and Sarah have a love/hate relationship, and I loved the family dinner scene in the second episode, it made me crack up. Overall, I can see myself watching this show for a long time, depending if it lasts that long. Great show, and I would recemend it in a heartbeat.
  • Chuck is basically about a guy getting accidently wrapped up in a top priority government project, its a great blend of action/comedy its worth watching

I wasn't all that sure about this show, My friend really thought it would be good so I told him I would give it a shot and with a few minutes of the pilot I was hooked. Chuck is the type of show you can't take too seriously but if you just set back and watch it you'll really enjoy it. After only two episodes I believe the future is bright for Chuck, and I hope NBC realizes that and gives this series a great chance, which I believe they will there not FOX. I really believe chuck will be in my tv lineup for years to come.
  • Above and Beyond the Call of Techno Duty

Nice little remake of Jake 2.0, with excellent eye candy. Hope they keep Sarah Lancaster!

Though we've seen 'everyman' nerd transformed into glamorous espionage agent / super hero repeated over the years, it's nice to see another version.

Can they keep this together?
    Time will tell...
    But it might devolve into slapstick farce if they don't keep disciplined.
    The most important feature is the evolution of Chuck, and his relationships with family and friends.

Ultimately, this is escapist fare for the underachievers in the audience, who only wish that they could have it all, despite what fate has dished out to them.

There ARE real amazing lives in the retail of consumer electronics, let's keep them flying!

nerds.Nerds.NERDS.NERDS!!!!!
    Nerds RULE...
  • Great show. and the characters are awesome. also good plot.

This show has a good plot. even though zachary doesn't look much like a nerd, he plays one well. The guy who plays Morgan makes me laugh. This is a really funny show with drama, action, romance, adventure, and comedy. I just wanna know how all that stuff got stuck in his head. I mean shouldn't he be able to forget it. but thats what i like in shows. - shows that make you ask questions. then you'll wanna know what happens next. kinda like a book. The plot is amazing. How could they have came up with that. I would have never thought of something as crazy as this. but the funniest show. i laugh all the time every episode so far.
  • I think this is a great new show. Funny, adventurous, a little suspensful in parts.

I really do love this show. The main character "Chuck" is just so different from the normal cast of characters that have been appearing in recent years. He stays a panic-e nerd throughout the first few episodes. I guess what im trying to say is that he stays a normal person. He doesnt suddenly know how to fight the bad guys, their not training him to be a spy, and he still acts like his geeky self. very cute i must add.

I dont know if what ive said makes sense, it sounded better in my head. I just think this is a unique show with great possibilities and i hope it just gets better.
  • Quite interesting

A show about a thirty something loser who winds up with the enitre database for the CIA and NSA, what a concept. I watched the season premire and thought it was very funny. I love the way they spoofed Best Buy and the other big box stores. I'm really anxious to see if this show has got what it takes to be a break out hit. I've always enjoyed Adam Baldwin's talent as an actor. And I was pretty impressed with the other actors as well. When I first heard about the show the first thing I thought of was UPN's ill-fated Jake 2.0. Another show that I really liked. But when Chuck finally aired I realized that while there are a few similarities between the shows, there are also enough differences to keep Jake out of the back of my mind while I watched it.
  • I wrote this show off at first, but decided to check it out. I'm really glad I did. One of my favorite new shows so far this year.

I read about this show, and really had little interest in it. The premise seemed a bit lame. However, after seeing an extended behind-the-scenes type feature at the theater, and laughing a few times, I decided it was worth the hour to check it out. (Plus, the girls were hot.)

I'm really glad I did. The show is hilarious and has a good amount of action in it. Plus, the store names show the show isn't trying to take itself too seriously. The "Nerd Herd" (Geek Squad) from "Buy More" (Best Buy) electronics store, which is next door to "Large Mart." (Costco) Each one got a small chuckle out of me.

His friend, Morgan, is a major source of the hilarity for me. A bald guy named "Harry," his Converse "Chucks" and many other little points made me laugh. These are what make this one of my favorite new shows so far this year.
  • Interesting, Charming, Witty, and Action packed.

Chuck was a show I took a flier on, and I was very surprised to find a charming show with action, great wit, and a story that held my attention for a full 60 minutes. Chuck started out of the gate fast and definately ended with a bang. I will continue to watch this orginal show. Thank god for something that isn't a copy for once! Go CHUCK! Chuck is a a guy that we can all root for weekly, hopefully enough people find this show so that it may continue and not be canceled as I would find that a great shame as again this show was GREAT!
  • Cheesy, predictable and entertaining!

To be honest the only reason I gave this show a try was to see how cheesy it would be. And I was right. But, it also held my interest during all 60 minutes. The main idea doesn't make any sense at all if you ask me. However, it contains all the "essentials" as I call them. By essentials I mean Romance, Comedy and quasi-Action.

It all starts very light heartedly, but by the end of the 1st episode, emotions intensify quiet intensely. Guys, you'll probably enjoy the eye-candy that this show contains. Gals, I'm in no position to assess.
  • After tuning in because of preview hype, I was pleasantly surprised by Chuck. The humor, characters, and silly storyline were consistent throughout. Give this one a chance.

I wasn't sure if this would fall into genuinely funny for me, but the previews had me interested. To my delight though, I found myself instantly amused by Chuck. Chuck is a computer nerd to the core, but pulls it off with his naive cuteness. He seems to not have much going professionally or personally in his life. However, he has an endearing relationship with his sister, Ellie, and a good best bud in his friend Morgan.
    After receiving an email from his former college roommate, we realize that Chuck, although he initially isn't aware of it, has just mentally absorbed a bank of government secrets. Next, he finally ends up with his first date since his freshman year in college. The show really hits full-on fun when Chuck must deal with both scenarios that are obviously out of his league. To top of the new excitement for him, he finds himself being chased undercover agents because of his secret mental database. After some amusing physical comedy when he is on the run, his date comes to his aid and he learns that she is an agent, as well. The characters are great. The writing is action filled and funny. And in the end, I found myself wanting to know what is next for Chuck.
  • Lots of potential!

7.4
    The show I think has lots of potential as well
    As great writing and a great cast with mainly twenty somethings in the show. Led by Less than Perfect's Zachery
    Levi. As the title character of a Best Busy store like clerk who's life changes forever when he accidentally downloads all of the CIA's top secret information. As a woman named Sarah walks on in the store as the two get acquainted. Acquainted enough for a date as the shy Chuck gets his first date in years. Unbeknowest to him at first, she is actually an CIA agent. As first, the CIA wants to kill him. But find him very useful. He is forced to work with them while maintaining his job at that store. Can't wait to see much more!
  • An awesome new TV show. I love it.

Before I watched the premiere of this show, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. But I watched the premiere and now I absolutely love Chuck. It is so hilarious and entertaining. All of the cast are so awesome and I really like the whole plot of the show, it's different. The writers and directors do an awesome job on this show. I can't wait to see another episode. I really like how Chuck is an hour long show instead of a half an hour. All of the scenes in the show are so hilarious and I think it's an awesome show.
  • Chuck, Chuck, Chuck.. Awesome!

Chuck is just awesome, the show which revolves around Nerd herder "Chuck" has a mix of action/adventure/sci-fi, comedy and a touch of romantic love. It is impossible for me not to like Chuck.. I really think that NBC has stumbled upon a gold mine with Chuck, I don't see this show failing very early, the actors and actresses are really professionals at what they do, and Chris fedak, Josh Schwartz and McG are all awesome producers, so i wouldn't expect less than perfect!

Go Chuck! I will be sticking with this show for a very long time... Cant wait for the followup episodes to come!
  • Chuck's ex-room mate is a CIA spy who hasn't been in touch with him since leaving college. While Chuck is embarrassing himself at his birthday party,room mate sends him an encrypted email. A tale of confusion ensues and Chuck unknowingly has the answers.

All in all, an entertaining pilot leaving you wanting more!I must say, before I watched the pilot I thought it was going to be same old same old. I also thought Gossip Girl (by the same maker) would be better, but I can admit when I'm wrong! This show was funny, it had action and I think this genre is lacking in the series stakes. It was like the Bourne films for tv. It's not the most original idea, as it's been done by films before but I am intrigued to see what will happen in future episode. I hope it doesn't lose the humour and pace of the pilot, just because he's got a clue as to what's going on or it turns out to be a routine remembering something and chasing it. I guess they have to think of something new later on because those memories are bound to run out at some time and then what? Although, I can see his sister and friends finding out and they can play that whole thing out........
  • The pilot episode of Chuck did leave me wanting to watch the next addition but is it going to get any better?

Although the pilot episode was entertaining, action-packed, and lightly amusing I'm not sure how long the actual concept will remain of interest.
    A nerd gets his brain infused with CIA secrets by a friend with whom he used to attend University. But these secrets make no sense to him; who's good and who's evil, who's lying and who's genuine?
    Once these secrets are exposed, what's left for the show? Geeky Chuck is not going to become a great spy over night and it's not really funny that he's a computer nerd and accidental hero.
    I hope to see better from future episodes and will be tuning in to find out.
8 9 10 11 12 13