Chuck

NBC (ended 2012)

w4u

Chuck Fan Reviews page 9 of 13

• One of the best episodes to date, for me, with also a bit of drama to keep us waiting to se hat happens next, in February (Spoiler)

Well, I really enjoyed this episode. It'was even funnier than "Versus The Ex" which I considered until now the most hilarious (the saliva thing was a very good one). This time Casey/Baldwin loses even a toe due to Chuck's efforts. Levi and Baldwin really make a very good comedy team, with the right material, and some brief moments they remind me of another, classic, 'comedy couple' of the screen (with the due differences) of Martin and Lewis. And what about Yvonne Strahovski: she is very good and lovely as always, even more this time when she kills for love. And that's a bad guy, so she can be forgiven, eventually. Because this is still a comedy, right?
  • Chuck a Buy More employee in charge of the nerd herd falls into the magical world of the Spy business. This wonderful look at the modern nerd, and the saying brains over brawn's works too. It has plot, music, action, and weird nerdy romances and jokes.

This is a wonderful show it can get a bit slow at times but overall it works out well. Though some of the jokes may fall on deaf ears due to it being aimed towards gamers and nerds, but that's how many "actually good" TV shows are going these days. It will be no doubt end up at the very least a cult classic like many TV shows. I hope to see more of this show in later years and pray that it doesn't end up like many shows these days ending on a cliffhanger never to be seen again.
  • Mild-mannered Buy More employee Chuck Bartowski accidentally got all of the government secrets downloaded into his brain. What happens now? Fun ensues, naturally.

I totally love this show! Zachary Levi is absolutely adorable! Adam Baldwin is spot on! And Yvonne Strahovski is splendid! Chuck is funny, smart and cool without even trying, and as a fellow nerd I find the adventures(or misadventures), of Chuck and the gang completely endearing! My whole family loves this show! I also love Robert Duncan McNeil as producer/director! I loved it when he would direct episodes of Star Trek Voyager and I love him still!!

Ahh BuyMorieia. What to say of Buymoreia? Obviously Chuck's awesome but where would he be without sidekick/bff Morgan? and Morgan without girlfriend Anna? And well,pretty much everyone would be better off without professional slackers Jeff and Lester loitering around! Over all this is a quality show that has lots of heart and brains to go with it!
  • Slow start, strong finish.

I have to say that for me, Chuck had a slow start. Yeah, I watched the first couple of episodes but did I find it funny? Not really... Then again it's not like there was anything else to watch , cause of the strike and all..As soon as the strike was over I gave it up and went back to my favorite shows. A friend kept telling me that I really should give Chuck another chance and the last episodes of season one were really nice. Not the most surprising plottwists or the best comedy but still, the extra characters especially the people at the "Buymore" are really making this show great. The dialogue and facial expressions are hilarious and definately worth while.
  • the show perfectly models a world with ongoing plotlines, charcter development and most important: charme. it's post- cultural references a just brilliant!

the show perfectly models a world with ongoing plotlines, charcter development and most important: charme. it's post- cultural references are just brilliant! chuck handels the genres screwball comedy, spy- film and romance, which the show is build of, with ease, which allows to spoof with the genre expectations of the viewer. but cuck is not a parody. chuck is a beautifully created show which is full of post- cultural references (like the oc). film- and comic- quotes are everywhere, underlined with a strong choice of music (mostly indiepop). the characters are excellent created, they and their relations grow during the show, and the lonely individual fates become a dynamic collective. and the most beautiful thing is that the creators like all their characters equally. the stereotypes dissolve and you'll see that the nerd is not that different from the succesful doctor. it's maybe this friendly togertherness of the different types of characters which makes the show so loveable
  • Sarah's father comes to visit her, on her "personal day". Chuck gets caught up in a scheme with Sarah and her father, due to her fatehr being a con-man. However, this turns out to be a good thing.

Overall, this was a great episode. I really like how they brought Sarah's father into the story, it was nice to see him and the relationship he has with her. I thought the whole story with Morgan and buying the Delorean was good, it's also good that they are showing improvement with him and Anna, i'd like to see their relationship keep moving forward. Overall, I liked this episode and how Chuck had to be a German company owner who was selling a hotel. However, the only thing that I am waiting for in the series is when Sarah and Chuck's relationship will become more than "just a cover", especially seeing how much Sarah's dad liked Chuck, and it seemed like foreshadowing when he says, "I can tell he wouldn't ever betray you". There are obviously feelings there from both of them, but no one can know what will happen. It probably will not come until the end of the show, but i hope it happens soon.
  • A geek doubles as a CIA Agent. Starring: Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay, Julia Ling, with Sarah Lancaster, and Adam Baldwin

An hour long show that resembles more of a comedy than any other show on tv. Reminding me of Pushing Daisies with its comedy, but yet with a lot of drama that i love. The characters are original and the episodes are funny but have a dramatic undertone. One of the few comedies i watch now that i think about it. The cast is very talented and very good. I am actually surprised on how well the writers are able to fit the characters together and how well they overlap. A fantastic idea for a show and i love watching it every week.
  • this show always has me cracking up!

this show is one of the best comedy shows out there. i love zachary levi, he is so gorgeous and so funny. this series has been great from the start i hope it continues for a long time. i am tired of jordana brewster, enough with the crazy ex-girlfriend fulcrum agent. poor chuck, how many times are you going to betray the same person in one episode. chuck and sarah should just be together already. i was hysterical when morgan (josh gomez) looked like he was going to cry when eli throw out the turkey and then when he was head first in the garbage can. i have known josh gomez since i was 5 yrs old, so i love to see him act. he always had me cracking up whenever he was around.
  • "Chuck" follows Chuck Bartowski, a super smart and sweet-as-can-be Nerd Herd employee who's unlucky in love and even less successful at deciding what to do with his life.

"Chuck" follows Chuck Bartowski, a super smart and sweet-as-can-be Nerd Herd employee who's unlucky in love and even less successful at deciding what to do with his life. But one evening, an email decides Chuck's future for him-he opens the email, absorbs all of the top secret government information encrypted in it and instantly becomes the most vital tool the government has for fighting off terrorists and keeping the country safe. And, yes, he's still helping battle computer viruses too.

Who's that?: Zachary Levi ("Less Than Perfect") plays the title character; relative newcomer Yvonne Strzechowski plays CIA agent Sarah; Adam Baldwin (of "Angel" fame) is NSA agent Major John Casey; "What About Brian" alum Sarah Lancaster plays Chuck's sister Ellie; and Joshua Gomez is Chuck's best friend Morgan.

The "eh" factor: The pilot is almost too good…I am just hoping they can keep up the action and continue to develop great characters and stories for seasons to come.

The verdict: It's sexy and action-packed, but it doesn't take itself too seriously. Basically, if "Chuck" were real, we'd marry him.
  • Is NBC this desperate?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Sarah's perpetual need to remove clothes as much as the next man. But the shower scene seemed like an unnecessary attempt by the Peacock to salvage some ratings in the midst of its decline. Don't foist your troubles on the awesomeness that is Chuck.

Ok, personal gripe aside. Trying this episode closely to the last one, with the Da Vinci Code-like pursual of LaFleur's research, is a much-appreciated attempt by the show to establish some continuity to a show with scope for a large-ranging mythology. That said, how 'Chuck' can still balance the spy stuff with comedy is amazing. Tony Hale gets kudos just because he's an Arrested Development alumni, but his straight-laced witchhunt is played for great laughs.

As for the revelation about Jill ... can't say it was much of a shock, but she's not really so likeable that I'd want her to stick around long anyway. But it looks like she's going to be the female Bryce Larkin - she'll pop up a couple of times each season, teasing Chuck while being a threat to Sarah (much like the reverse applies with Bryce). As long as these types of episodes don't get campy, they should be fun.
  • great show, funny and eccentric

this show has it all, it is incredibly funny or even eccentric at times but it provides some emotional depth as well and can be pretty sad at moments (it has actually made me cry at several occastions). it is thrilling but never gets very violent but most of all, it has a most brilliant and amazing cast, down to the smallest role. to start with, zachary levi is a revelation. he is a most wonderful comedian but he's perfect in the more serious and emotional scenes as well. he's got something very sweet about him that makes his character incredibly loveable and believeable in every aspect. there's joshua gomez who manages to not make his morgan a laughingstock but a guy with a great heart and a lot of loyalty. there's the wonderful acting of yvonne strahovski who manages to not make sarah a kickbuttoughwoman agent but shows her caring and soft side in a great manner and turns the typical cliche of the damsel in distress, saved by a brave man completely upside down (this is one of the parts i like most about "chuck"). there is adam baldwin who does a great job in giving small glances at quite a heart that lies underneath a armour of indifference and the absolute will to obey all the order he's given how ever cruel they are. i just love the eccentric stuff at the buymore, i love sarah lancaster's ellie the wonderful, loving interaction between her and chuck and the great acting of ryan mcpartlin, whose captain awesome is a great guy but every now and then doesn't seem to have a clue about what is going on.
  • Chuck is just brilliant!

I adore Chuck. I watched the whole of season 1 in 2 sittings and have found season 2 to be every bit as cute and funny. I just hope that the high quality of the humour and drama continue on for a few more seasons yet. All the supporting characters are highly enjoyable. I didn't like Casey at first but he has grown on me as I've watched. The folk at the Buy More are absolutely hilarious. I wait every week to see just what they will get up to next. Also Awesome and Ellie are so sweet.

One of the best shows to survive the dreaded Writers' Strike.
  • Chuck Versus the Fat Lady

Amazing this show keeps getting better and better. Loved Morgan loyalty no matter what always being on Chucks side, thats a friendship, also Sarah loving jealousy with Chuck ex on the go and Jill's fake love, couldn't see that coming!! I loved the puzzles makes it have a big twist. Also really starting to love Cassie this character is staring to be my favorite. The only thing I couldn't really understand was the title of the episode for the fisrt time it didin't match (Chuck vs which Fat Lady)Hope the season keeps up this good, can't wait for next episode!
  • chuck, a nerd, a nobody. but is he. he knows all the secrets the secret agents wish to keep for them selfs. he helps them to solve mysteries and they protect him

a perfact show t my oppinion. it has all the factors you wish to combine. action comedy and even some romance. what more can you ask for. honestly this has become one of my favorites. it is easy to identify with chuck he is a nobody. the nobodies of this word always wish they where somebody. and chuck has been given the opportunity to be someone graet. but his personality does not suffer unther this. he is still the same man he was. his bravery is growing. he is not the kick ass agent but he solves the case with some interresting creativity. this a series i am proud to know.
  • Getting better every time!

There are many shows out there that you would want to watch, and Chuck is one of those shows that you wouldn't want to miss. Its about this guy , Chuck Bartowski, who is sent secret government information through his 'enemy' Bryce Larkin.there is almost everything in this show: comedy, love, drama, action and of course spy humor. My favorite is Casey then Chuck, Morgan, Sarah, Ellie, Jeff and Lester. Chuck is one of those shows which you cant get enough of, not saying this like a nerd. But still the directors are not stable with the ideas in some of those episode, well that is one down side of the show. All in all I think that this is one great show to watch.
  • This show is hilarious, intriguing, and so much more. Chuck of course is my favorite followed by Morgan, Sarah and Casey.

This show is hilarious, intriguing, and so much more. Chuck of course is my favorite followed by Morgan, Sarah and Casey. Chuck is like the geeky guy in high school who you may not pay much attention but is really compassionate, funny, and just plain awesome. Morgan......what to say.....just hilarious, he comes up with the most stupidest, silliest, and very interesting things to do but i love him. He's the best friend that always gets you into trouble but you love so much. Sarah, the more serious spy, who has a past lets just say, but also compassionate and caring. Casey,...well i think he is cool. He is indirectly funny, the kind of guy who tries to be serious a lot but who you know is just bursting with laughter inside. Everyone is awesome but come on who doesn't love a story where a geeky guy becomes one, better yet the most power weapon the country has and the most valued and has so many fantastic and enjoyable missions he needs to complete because of what he is. Granted it is a bit over used, the story i mean because there are similar stories out there, but this one makes it its own. The show is very comical but this not to say that there aren't moments where it gets serious, which i think is necessary in all shows.
  • An episode for the geeks!

The people who don't like this episode are probably not 40 year old video game junkies or Rush fans. I am, so I think it's the best episode ever! What more could you want? It prominently features one of the greatest classic video games ever, and the greatest band in the universe! I love this show, and the tips of the hat to the nerds in the audience are part of the reason it's so great.
    Fans of Rush and/or classic video games should make sure to not miss this. I hope that the ratings improve, I would hate to see another great show cancelled.
  • Follows the life of Chuck a regular guy protected by the government because of the secrets in his head.

Chuck Bartowski used to be a ordinary man with an ordinary job that was until his birthday when an old friend / enemy ( Bryce Larkin ) sends him the intersect all of the governments secrets and when he watches it they are all downloaded into his brain and the orginal intersect destroyed by Bryce Larkin Chuck is the only one with the knowledge of the everything the government needs so he is protected by John Casey an NSA agent aswell as trained Killer and Sarah Walker a CIA operative. Chuck helps out the government aswell as battling everyday life a home with his sister Ellie and her boyfriend Devon AKA Captain Awsome. Aswell as life at the Buy More with friends Morgan (best friend) Jeff, Lester and Anna and boss Big Mike and enemy Harry Tang.
  • It's like jameas bond, but in more funnier.

When I first saw the trailer for the new show, it had something special that wanted you to wait until the premier episode and find out what it had to offer. Now, I can't wait until monday night to see the new episode. I was surprise to see Nicole Richie playing a role in a show like that. Guess it look so hot that richie had to have a part. O wait thats Paris's line??? Anywho, eli's boytoy is really hot and morgan is too funny. i like the way it gets you wanting more after the first the first episode. (Remenber season 2's debut?) Hope it stays strong and lives long.
  • Chuck must deal with Sarah and Bryce's temporary covers as an affectionate couple as they try to retrieve a device from Fulcrum that may compromise their actual covers. When Chuck realizes that Sarah loves him he must "do the right thing."

This episode was brilliant and in my opinion the best one yet. The way they approached the love triangle between Chuck, Sarah and Bryce with the parallel situations was just genius and it allowed us to see who Sarah really loves. This was the first episode that she really showed her feelings for Chuck and the first time that Chuck and Sarah truly connected on an emotional level and it was relieving to see that. And we get to see Chuck being the hero in a way: how he sacrifices his feelings and his chance at a relationship with the girl of his dreams in order to protect her. And as much as it broke my heart, one the best parts was when Chuck and Sarah put on their fake smiles together because it just says so much about the show in general. Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski's performance was amazing and I couldn't ask for more. I know this was mostly about the Chuck/Sarah relationship but thats because I'm a big fan. :] I also loved that Casey got to crack some jokes and that Morgan had to deal with the 'Mighty Jocks'(which I might add I was surprisingly impressed with Michael Strahan's performance) I also have to say that the selection of music in this episode was fantastic. The songs fit perfectly (as they usually do). So all in all, I do believe this episode was amazing!
  • Maybe it's the geek in me but Chuck is my favorite show on tv.

Chuck right now is one of my favorite shows on tv. Chuck has all the key elements. Some action, comedy and even a bit of a sappy love story. Not to mention a very nice looking lead actress. Yeah I'll admit the show isn't the most realistic out there. I mean nobody is gonna be able to download images to the brain and have a picture perfect memory to flash on something. And of course some average joe wont all of a sudden become Americas most important hard drive. And even if they somehow did, our government would find a way to make them forget about it.

But even that, there is just something about the show I love. And I'll keep watching it as long as it stays on the air.
  • This Show is Absolutly Fantastic, Amazing, Awesome!! One of the best series of ever, no doubt at all about it!!!

This Show is really great, amazing...
    I have been watching a lot of series through the years, including 24hs, Prison Break, Dexter, Lost, Heroes, House, Numbers, Nip Tuck, Dirty Sexy Money... These are my favorites tv series... And I'm absolutely sure that Chuck it's one of the best of all, in fact, best of ever. I have no doubt about it, no doubt at all. I personally guess that you shouldn't read the summary. Just take it and watch it. It's funny, sexy, very enjoyable, very entertaining. The woman (Yvonne Strahovski), the blond, it's Gorgeous, Sexy, Beautiful, she is absolutely hot...
    The bottom line is: If you haven't watched it yet, listen to me: GIVE IT A TRY.
  • absolute amazing

Simple 3 words i love it. This is not my kind of genue shows i watch, i usually see mostly science fiction or horror. So i ditch them but I said what the hack i try it and from the first time i saw it. It made me laugh and i`m not easy get that. They play there character perfectly well done job to the actors and the script well written. I just that Monday night rate had drop i just began to see it this month and saw the first and now the second season so don`t blame on the rate it just i didn`t know that there is this serie, I think low PR.. It`s funny and enjoying every episode and need more no i want more so continue this show lovely and thanks
  • Love it! chuck might be my favorite show of the season

great episode. the roan montgomery character is fantastic. Sarah is steamy hot. the freaks at the buy more still amuse me. Larroquette has great comedic timing. all the supporting cast are also hilarious. captain awesome, morgan, big mike. keep it up!

**spoilers**
    My only criticism of this episode is that sarah didn't even think about the fact that chuck would be whacked once he was useless. I also thought that the general and casey played out the whole subplot of Chuck's assasination pretty well. Although general came off as cold, i didn't think she came off as evil or psychotic. maybe that is just me?
  • Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski sizzle!

Every week that I tune in to watch 'Chuck' I am pleasantly surprised at how witty and fantastically funny the dialogue is.

The cast achieve such a tremendous balance and they all compliment each other perfectly. The Buy More staff provide a crazy spectacle almost every week and Lester's drunken antics are always entertaining!

Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski have such fantastic chemistry between them that it is almost impossible not to root for their burgeoning romance, as Chuck and Sarah try to navigate a possible relationship combine with their duties as both the Intersect and the CIA respectively. If these's one show you watch this year make it 'Chuck'
  • This is by far the best show on TV right now. Not only does the cast and crew work well together, the plot and everything going on is perfect.

Chuck is a show for all. It is not just a "dramady" as it is labeled, but instead is action, comedy, drama, sci-fi, and romance all in one. And what is most amazing, it does all of them well. The action is not Transformers quality, but is still great. The comedy keeps the drama in check and visa-versa. The writers/creators never let it get too serious or too over-the-top funny. The sci-fi is not over the top, but just a little out there. The romance keeps you guessing what is going to happen, just like a love story is supposed to do. Really, there is no better show on TV. I have invited everyone I know to watch the show, and all who have are now addicted to it. I invite all of the readers to watch it and give it a try. You will love it.
  • Chuck is full of explosive fun

THis show is fun fun fun. The storyline keeps pushing forward. Its EXCITING (have you seen the action scenes they produced, man, they were awesome. those fight scenes were just mind-blowing) its ENGAGING (whew! did i tell about the awesome storyline. the reveals are awesome. See: Chuck vs. the Alma Mater and Chuck vs. the Truth). its FUNNY (geeks rule! Chuck vs. the Pineapple remains to be the funniest) its ROMANTIC (aww, chuck and sarah, and freakin bryce). Its an awesome show! It has all i want for my television series. Season 2 has started and it didnt disappoint! Awesome awesome awesome
  • This is the best show on television, its funny, romantic and just generally so awesome! I love it!! Rock on Chuck

This is the best show on television, its funny, romantic and just generally awesome! I Love it!!! Rock on Chuck! It embraces light crime stories that arnt to serious and always funny. Having so many small twists always makes the story intense yet funny! The relationship between chuck and Sarah is so cute and seeing it develop every episode is another reason to watch it. Casey provides the perfect balance to the show! With one of our own, and Aussi actress from New South Wales, Yvonne Strahovski does an amazing job! Good work Mate! Keep it up! Keep the show going, love watching it every week. Remi (from Adelaide)
  • Who Doesn't Love Chuck...

This show amazes me at how funny it is. Without fail the show makes me cry of laughter each week. I have already reviewed Chuck on my old user name(efc91) but I felt like reviewing it again after I had saw the entire brilliant first season of this unique show. The Cast: 10
    I have to say the cast do a great job in Chuck. Zachery Levi does a awesome job as the lead character Chuck, nerd herder by day, secret agent by night. Personally I think Adam Baldwin's character Casey is what makes the show what it is. The character brings a lot of action and comedy to the show and is well played by Adam. The entire cast is great though and they all do a great job including Josh Gomez as Chuck's best friend, the lovely Yvonne Strahovski who portrays agent Sarah Walker and Sarah Lancaster is great too as Chuck's sister. There is also an impressive supporting cast that will make you laugh out load.

Story: 10
    At first you would think that the story is a bit far fetched and it is. This is a comedy not a bloody Sci-Fi or Drama series its not meannt to be taken serously your meant to just sit back and enjoy this very entertaining show. Now your garanteed a great action scene in each episode and that is one of the best parts of this show. We all love a bit of action. Chuck is also filled with a lot of romance this surprised me when I first started to watch the show but it fits in well with the story. Chuck and Sarah's relationship is great.

Writing: 9.5
    The writers do a great job with this show keeping the action and comedy going each episode and keeping the show fresh. Some of the missions seem a bit silly but that makes the series so fun to watch.

Overall: 10
    My favourite show of 2008 by far. It was a shame about the writer's strike because we didn't see the shows true potential. One things for sure I can't wait to watch the second season of Chuck.
  • Great show! Keep up the good work!

Now that everyone has gone through the summer of depressing re-runs and unavoidable reality television, the trickle down of great shows has begun. This one is no exception. Chuck continues to be a smart comedy, surprising story lines, and edge of your seat drama that keeps you an avid watcher. Though you cry out for Chuck to finally make his moves (Quit the Buymore, Kiss Sarah, Etc..), its easy to laugh with him at the choices he makes instead, and hope that next week he'll try something new. Though at some points the show catches a bit of the Peter Parker syndrome (With great power, comes great responsibility), there hasn't been a moment where he doesn't make the right choice simply because he thinks its the right choice. Lets hope this time around he gets the girl, for real!
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13