City Homicide

Reward

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Aug 25, 2008 on Seven Network

• A good solid return after the olympics break

I enjoyed this episode but if I had to be critical I would say that they figured out who the murderer was a bit too quickly, and are we really expected to believe that two years earlier the detectives didn't look more closely at the possible links between a fatal hit and run and the bunggled ranson drop off on the same day in the same area? Still despite this City Homicide still manages to throw a bit of a twist and a turn at the end.

Still despite these slight criticism's it is the Sgt Stokes show and he's a caracter I've grown to enjoy so I hope we'll see some more of him in the future. I do like that he has to face the consequences of his actions at the end of the show. Too many show's play hard and loose with this sort of thing, never holding the charaters responsable for their actions or putting in some pitiful excuss (the charater is placed on supervision) until the audiance forget why and then leaving it. Even in the last season when he got shot and left for dead by the end of the episode he's acting as if nothing happened. The show deserves credit then for having the guts to make him (and by proxy us) suffer the consequences if for nothing else.