We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Clannad Forums

Tokyo Broadcasting System

Anime Discussion Thread (Come and Talk About CLANNAD Anime)

lattmucci516

[1]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 54
    What do you all think of this anime so far?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[2]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 58
    Well I am seeing a lot of simularities between Clannad and Kanon '06 so far, such as the whole "girl in a coma, out of body experience thing" also the girls are also very similar but with their own little quirks. Well it is really entertaing so far and I hope it is able to break free from Kanon's shadow later on. ^_^

DragonSpawn2006

[3]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 50
    It's a good show. I find that the way things can spin out of control is hilarious (ie. Misae going from peaceful to commando on Sunohara and the trick Tomoya played on Fuuko[LMAO]). I am looking forward to more Sunohara vs. Tomoyo moments, especially to see how much Tomoyo icreases her kick combo and if Tomoya adds to it again. Although I am not getting what is going on with those openings of a younger looking Nagisa and the mech bear-thing.

Nicasso_

[4]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 19
    I like it a lot. So many great characters.

I haven't seen Kanon or Air but I'll definitely see them if they're similar to Clannad.

Master_M2K

[5]Nov 8, 2007

Nicasso_ wrote:
    I haven't seen Kanon or Air but I'll definitely see them if they're similar to Clannad.

OMG I can't believe you haven't seen at least Kanon yet because it is currently the best out of these 3. Clannad has the potential but it will take something big to top Kanon. ^_^

DragonSpawn2006

[6]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 50
    Master_M2K wrote:

Nicasso_ wrote:

OMG I can't believe you haven't seen at least Kanon yet because it is currently the best out of these 3. Clannad has the potential but it will take something big to top Kanon. ^_^

You may have seen both of those animes, not everyone else has. Some people do not have the ability to watch/download episodes of anime due to crappy internet or other reasons.

Edited on 11/08/2007 6:33pm

fanficReader77

[7]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    DragonSpawn2006 wrote:
    Master_M2K wrote:

Nicasso_ wrote:

You may have seen both of those animes, not everyone else has. Some people do not have the ability to watch/download episodes of anime due to crappy internet or other reasons.

ive only watched clannad, ansd im loving it so far! all the characters are so awsome, and i like how it can be both funny and random, and really dramatic at the same time! even though theres only been 8 episodes so far, its becoming one of my favs already. i was sooooo close to crying at the end of this last episode! when nagisas mom started to forget about fuko! and then i was depressed again when i saw the name of episode 9...

Master_M2K

[8]Nov 24, 2007
    The latest episode (eps. was a real sad one and it seems that the Fuuko arc will be coming to an end, with the next one. T_T

Ulquiorra248

[9]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 9

I also believe Clannad has the potential to be a great show. I think some people that watch the show may not appreciate it as much as they should because it is being compared to an amazing show like Kanon.

Edited on 11/24/2007 11:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Master_M2K

[10]Nov 25, 2007
    Well Clannad has already surpassed Kanon, in terms of comedy and the secondary characters, like Sunohara who actually has some depth to himself . Now all that's left is to see where the story goes and I hope it doesn't something new with the rest of the girls. ^_^

fanficReader77

[11]Nov 30, 2007

it looks like thats what were lookin at acording to the preview. this episod ewill probably go back to a more comidic feel, after all the depressing stuff with fuuko... well it wasnt that sad in the end... but still... maybe theyll try to put on a play? that would be awsome! im also hoping for more tomoya/nagisa moments. i cant wat till the nexg episode (again...)

frank_thetank

[12]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 25
    I am seeing similarities between Clannad and Kanon but I am still very impressed with the show. I love the show and just hope they release episodes faster cuz I cant wait for the next one.

fanficReader77

[13]Dec 7, 2007
    i know! the wait kills me! its a really good show though!episode10 was released! woot, doubledigits! the next episode should be really funny! i cant wait!!

Master_M2K

[14]Dec 8, 2007
    That episode (eps. 10) was great but the next one should be better, judging from that hilarious episode preview... "What the heck"

fanficReader77

[15]Dec 14, 2007
    Master_M2K wrote:
    That episode (eps. 10) was great but the next one should be better, judging from that hilarious episode preview... "What the heck"

it was awsome! and hilarious! at the violin recital... nagisas parents! theyre so overdramatic! its sooooo funny! the next episodes prob gonna get into some drama! kotomis past is probably depressing! but it looks really good!

Master_M2K

[16]Dec 14, 2007

Yeah that was one hilarious violin recital and even though I was hoping that she played well, the end result was fantastically over-the-top

Also, we already know that Ryou (shy twin) has a thing for Tomoya but I have a feeling that Kyou (loudass twin) also has a thing for him ...

Well I wonder what will happen next episode. ^_^

fanficReader77

[17]Dec 15, 2007
    Master_M2K wrote:

Yeah that was one hilarious violin recital and even though I was hoping that she played well, the end result was fantastically over-the-top

Also, we already know that Ryou (shy twin) has a thing for Tomoya but I have a feeling that Kyou (loudass twin) also has a thing for him ...

Well I wonder what will happen next episode. ^_^

yeah... wasnt it ryou who was like "shes your rival ro somethin to kyou? like the library chick(cant remember names...)was always hangin around tomoya, so she thought they were together or somethin? i still like nagisa and tomoya together. im hoping theres a scene with them soon!

Master_M2K

[18]Dec 16, 2007

Okay I have just heard that, Episode 12, the last Clannad episode of this calendar year will be airing on December 21, 2007. The next episode, Episode 13, will air on January 11, 2008. There will be approximately three weeks of break after episode 12 air and then Clannad resumes its course once again...

I feel like crying. T_T

fanficReader77

[19]Dec 18, 2007
    Master_M2K wrote:

Okay I have just heard that, Episode 12, the last Clannad episode of this calendar year will be airing on December 21, 2007. The next episode, Episode 13, will air on January 11, 2008. There will be approximately three weeks of break after episode 12 air and then Clannad resumes its course once again...

I feel like crying. T_T

me too! thee cant be that long of a break! c'mon! thats after i get back from winter break. ugh. i hope were not left with a cliffie...

Ikari_Kamisama

[20]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think it is a good anime even though I've only seen the first episode.