Clannad

Tokyo Broadcasting System Premiered Oct 04, 2007 In Season

Master_M2K

Clannad Fan Reviews (14)

• Truly a MASTERPIECE

In my case is more appropriate to ask how many anime series I haven't seen than how many I have seen

I have watched many series of various genres and there is one thing I can say for sure

There are no other series of the romance, drama, comedy genres that can have such an impact on the emotions of the viewer..

A Work of art that alternates joy and sadness within its brilliant story and characters like no other series of this kind.

Truly a MASTERPIECE

• clannad

conventional romantic anime

1 of 10
  • Too Great For Words

Clannad is about a senior-year slacker who, by what thought of as a random chance, runs into a shy girl that appears to be younger than him, but is in fact a year older than him because she was held back for being absent a consecutive amount of times last year.

Clannad is a magnificent story that will make you laugh and cry. The art is amazing as expected by Key from their project with Air. The characters are flawless down to every detail. Their stories will move you unlike any anime you've seen. I would give Clannad a prestigious 10/10 and would recommend it to anyone who asks. Clannad is a true masterpiece that is hard to surpass.
  • A story about a guy who hangs out with a bunch of girls to revive a drama club.

I don't see why this series gets so many good reviews, the plot and script is terrible. The characters act like they're 5, yet they're in high school. I also hate how they all look the same, no one in the anime looks ugly and they're all just so perfect, there is no creativity with character design. Nothing ever seems to happen in this series, a girl was giving out stars to people for 4 episodes straight only to later dissappear and no longer be an important part of the story. When there is some suspense, it only lasts for a few seconds and then they are all once again happy-go-lucky. The most disappointing part of this series is the ending, when Nigisa comes back to life. It's a big slap in the face, because all the episodes after her death didnt really need to happen, as if it was all a dream. Sure he learned about what his father had to go through because he went through the same thing, but there is nothing more disappointing than an ending such as this one.
    To be honest, I think this show could only be enjoyed by overly emotional women.
  • this is a bad@$$ show i've seen so far, the Drama, Romance, Comedy, Harem, Fantasy is what keeps you intersted all the way through the series..

Tomoya Okazaki is a third year student labeled as a delinquent. Everything seems to be unchanging for his school life until he meets Nagisa, and then Tomoya finds that his life is about to change. He starts to have dreams of a bleak world and meets a girl who has the ability to fuse junk together in order to create things, and in doing so, creates a body out of junk for him. He is then reborn into this empty world and follows around the girl, the only two existences who are "alive." ....umm what else could i say.. .. .. you should watch it at crunchyroll.com ...^_^
  • Great anime all around. Suddle when it begins and slowly becomes more intense as the anime continues.

A cute story of high school love. Two outcast teenagers finding comfort in each others company. Her weakened physical health state forces Nagisa to repeat another year of school. Tomoyo just a troublemaker that hates school. While loathing the next day of school Tomoyo comes across a girl who randomly states a food to herself, out loud... His curiosity leads him to a life that he never thought possible. By the end of the anime you are shown why they are perfect for each other. With many great characters, funny scenes, cute moments, and of course very intense dramatic story arcs, this anime has a lot to offer. Season two 'the after story' only takes this season and amplifies what has already been done. An amazing anime, just as powerful as kotomi with a violin.
  • Clannad is such a great anime series. It makes me laugh and cry.

Clannad is a anime series based on the visual novel, which many want to play after being obsessed with the series. It's story is about the lives of Nagisa Furukawa and Tomoya Okazaki. Its first season was about their life in school where they made friends with such lovable characters, Youhei, Kyou, Ryou, Kotomi, Tomoyo, and Fuuko. Its second season was about how they finished high school and how they lived after graduating. All the storylines of the show were good. You really have to watch it until the end to understand the significance of the scenes where a little girl lives all alone with a robot friend. This is a story that will hopefully forever be in my heart. It has taught me a lot of lessons, especially about being confident and positive in life.
  • Clannad is the story of Tomoya, the delinquent, and Nagisa, the socially awkward baker's daughter, who together, brave the world of high school and growing up.

As far as anime goes, this is very close to the top of my list. The character depth was pleasantly surprising, and despite the seemingly inevitable cliches, everything ran together very smoothly. I felt for the characters because, somewhere in all of the drama, there was realism.

At first I disliked the very typical anime setup, a main character with a rough past, and another happening upon them in some chance encounter that draws them together for life. But all of that changed as the story progressed.

We realized that Tomoya was a typical teenager with some not-so-typical baggage, he has selfish, whiney moments, but overall he is a good person trying to find a place in the world. Together he and Nagisa, a newly acquired friend he feels obligated to take care of, brave some of the most fascinating challenges of coming-of-age, and create a bond so well-rounded and real, it is hard not to fall in love with.

Alongside refreshing supporting characters like Youhei, Akio, and Sanae, this anime is an abundance of well-written emotional turmoil and comedy.
  • Trust me... You WILL cry at some point

A well animated series with great voice acting that doesnt seem to need countless filler episodes to flesh it out, it's a brilliant tapestry of charecterisation and plot without a wasted second thrown in that has storylines of whole characters meshed in and explored in the area of a few episodes explored (god knows how) so accuractely that you will find yourself feeling for them to the point of tears at times from the cute but hopelessly disembodied ghostly Fuko Ibuko with her starfish obsession and love for her sister despite everyone around her systematically and tragically losing their memory of her to the heartwenching tale of Kotomi Ichinose who'se parents never got that bear to her on her birthday yet it managed to traverse the globe through the hands of countless people who eventually get it back to her, her parents love traversing all that way back to her.

There is something about this anime for all, it goes from heartwrenching angst to tear-drawing happiness over and over to the point you find yourself just WANTING the unique emotional stimulation this anime seems to offer.
  • The best Romance anime series I've seen.

Clannad TV is the best Romance anime series I've seen. It even surpasses Suzuka and Ai Yori Aoshi.

The series follows Tomoya Okazaki a third year high school student who hates his life. Things begin to change when he meets Nagisa Furukawa, she's recovering from a illness and spends most of her time alone. They become friends and slowly change each other lives for the better

The story was great with the early plot revolving around Ibuki Fuko who wants to give out... starfish to everyone. It's a sad yet heartwarming story. The overall plot revolving around Tomoya and Nagisa was great. The series blended together light humor, romance and drama perfectly.

The characters were simply perfect. Each brought something to the series, and helped me enjoy it even more.

The animation done by Kyoto Animation. I haven't to many of their series, but this one was amazing. The animation really brought the characters to life for me.

The music was great, though it wasn't outstanding.

Overall, like I said the best romance anime series I've seen. This series is a must see.
  • I love it in every way.

Clannad the series is abit different from the movie, and i hope it stays that way, since the movie ripped my heart out and stomped on it. I love the anime from start to where i am right now, since i can't get a hold of the last two episodes, and ive tryed everything.

You have to addore the characters. especially the little girl and the twins. And the dad is awsome. Key isn't dissapointing me in animation ever, they alsways do a perfect job, and they always produce top material like kanon.

The story is not your typical harem with panties, boobies etc. there is a realy good story with no ecchi material what so ever, and some holarius jokes to go with that. And at the same time it's a very serious anime.

You shoul'd put this on the top of you're to wath list.
  • A nice edition to the Key anime (as Air and Kano both did relatively well).

Note: this review does contain spoilers.

This anime is wonderful. It has lots of humor in it, but also plenty of drama mixed in there, as we see from both Fuko's and Kitomi's "arcs" (as I've heard it called). It was pretty obvious that Nagisa would win over our protaginist Tomoya, despite the fact that alot of girls try to get his attention. This is probably due to the fact that I've read that in he novel there are multiple girls he could end up with.

The ending was not the most dramatic out of Key endings (or so I've heard), but the second season is still to come so we'll see. I'm excited to see more, as all the characters are wonderful.
  • A romance harem anime that is certainly worth the time to see for general anime fans. Great animation and well-liked characters will draw in viewers.

Clannad is another harem and slice of life anime that is part of the Key Series which created the well-known dating simulation series in Japan. Clannad is the third and most recent anime that is depicted from Key Series itself. Viewers that start watching this anime will be presented with wonderful animation that is created by the famous Kyoto Animation studios. Those that are familar with the animation of Air, Kanon06, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will not be disappointed with this one.

Like Kanon, Clannad depicts as a high school anime that features a male protaganist named Tomoya Okazaki who will be involve in different story arcs that features several main female characters. Along with the sad and serious parts of the anime, the viewer will also be treated to a lighter side of the anime based on its hilarious humor. If anyone is familiar with the character Sunohara in this anime, you will know why the humor is consider one of the anime's strengths.

Also, viewers will be very impressed to how likable the characters are in this anime whether there are happy or sad moments that come up within the anime. The one setback I may have had with this anime would be its ending. It is a little cliche and isn't something that will impress many viewers. Overall though, Clannad is certainly a excellent anime that many general anime fans will enjoy.
  • this anime surely is quite amazing with the storyline the emotion and personal developement of each character not to mention the moods in this anime will surely have you hooked. it surely has its own charm to it i really LOVE this anime ONE of the BEST.

the story revolves around tomoya okazaki and his encounter with furukawa nagisa where he tries to help her rebuild the theater/drama club and his relationship with others also starts to bloom. in the story it shows how tomoya starts to fall in love with nagisa but it also shows as to how his life starts to fix itself but somehow in the midle also helps nagisa have more confidence.

one of the things i love in this anime is that it has this charm that hookes you. i love how the plot deepens and slowly but surely the relationship with each other starts to show itself and starts to show the flow of the story.