Class of 3000

Free Philly

Aired Friday 12:00 AM Jun 20, 2007 on Cartoon Network

5.8
  • Philly Phil transfers to a new school after letting down his friends; Principal Luna attempts to gain popualrity by any means.

"Free Philly", once again centering around Philly Phil, shows more depth of the character, the first time since "Westley Side Story", and already, it gives a rather good impression.

The episode start off when Lil' D and his pals, along with the entire class, are attending in an annual event, determined to outshine everyone else. But it doesn't occur when Philly Phil's attempt resulted in their loss. Following this, Phil attempts to make it up, causing further alienation from his friends, resulting him to transfer to another school. Soon, Lil' D and everyone began to feel bad for what they did to Philly Phil, and decided to get him back at Westley. Meanwhile, Principal Luna, fed up that Sunny steals the spotlight, attempts to gain popularity for once.

"Free Philly" shows how improve Class of 3000 has gain since its debut, and with a good storyline, smooth animation and a unique song, this is one episode not to be miss.
  • Poor Philly Phil feels discouraged when he lets his friends down.

Episode: 5/5
    All Philly Phil wants to do is make it up to his friends after letting them down at the Field Day event. But no matter what he does, his inventions keep screwing up. This only frustrates his classmates even more, and they eventually chew him out. Feeling down, Phil transfers to a different school to be with other people just like him. Li'l D and the rest of the class feel awful for how they treated him, and do whatever they can to get him back to Westley.

Unlike "Brotha From the Third Rock", this felt like more of a Philly Phil centric episode to me. Heck, Phil even managed to score himself a girlfriend! I thought that little bit was cute to be honest.

Song: 5/5
    This song was crazy! We've got grafitti characters dancing around on a brick wall this time. It really is nice to see so many different styles be used on this show.

Overall: 10/10
    We're on a roll here. Keep it up CO3K crew, you've still got my interest.