Class of the Titans

Chaos 101

Aired Daily 7:00 PM Jan 01, 2006 on TELETOON

• a very good pilot episode, good start to the series,go COTT

Jay,Atlanta and Herry arrived at Olympia High,but... Cronus the evil God escapes Tetarus(whatever) he wants the 3 heros to faile there first mission,but they complete their mission and destinie.

a great pilot episode of Class Of the Titans its my first review here and its a good one. Herry the Brawn succeded Hercules,Atlanta the Hunter succeded Artemis,and Jay the Leader succeded Jason.I cant wait to see Neil in the 3rd episode of COTT.Atlanta has the power of the gods to run quick and hunt(her passion) like Artemis,Herry Mind Blank sometimes but has the brawn to hurt people from HerculesmJay The Leader,the most responsable of the group migth fall in love with Theressa(in 2nd episode she will arrive) and sometimes fails some important stuff suchs as the Antykera Device,Odie\'s injurie,and almost Death(for Jay)
    Jay also doesn\'t look like to respect the Gods Decision.

Thank You Tv.com Crew and Members!

Neil The Hero
  • This episode shows a bit of background on where Jay, Atlanta and Herry are from--- and then thrust the three of them into friendship and teamwork when they're forced to work together and face Cronus already--- but he's not done yet...

I really enjoyed watching this episode, and it's one I feel I could watch over and over (although I'm sure I'd much rather watch it as a movie instead of the three-part episode). Firstly, we get to see a bit of background on where three of our Heroe's, Herry, Jay and Atlanta, are from. Herry born on a farm, already getting to use his super-strength to protect himself. Atlanta from Canada, and frustrated with two boys, family of some kind I assume, who are hunting with her and making noise--- but she learns there's bigger things to hunt then deer. Finally, Jay, staring at the stars and the only one to notice that time went back a single second--- long enough, although he doesn't know it yet, for the God of time to escape from Tartarus.

Secondly, Jay was insecure in this episode. Unsure that he was suitable to even be a hero and immediately thinking that there was some kind of mistake. Overall, Jay's always come off as the Leader he's meant to be and not too insecure, but in this episode we get to see that weakness in him and I must say I particularly enjoyed that nice pleasant change, and hope there's more insecurity in the future.

Then of course, the fact that Herry comes off as just an overly lovable, playful guy is shown, and the fact that despite his enormous bulky size and his incredible strength, he still gets scared just like the rest of us--- and possibly at things that some of us think might be a little irrational (although nothing compares to our dear descendant of Achilles' fear!).

It would be nicer to see this as the movie because there's no waiting hours on end for the continuation, especially considering there are three episodes for this beginning of the popular series, but as an individual episode, it is still good :)
  • For a pilot, it wasn't the best. Considering that the show's opener was meant to be an hour and a half movie, I felt that the writers could have spent more time developing the characters, the concept of New Olympia, and why the Gods were back.

Overall, the episode felt quite rushed. I usually see a pilot episode as an opportunity to expand on the introductory ideas, settings, and flesh out characters. Chaos 101-103 did the characters, that we later get to know as the series progresses, very little justice. If I had based my opinion only on the first episodes, I doubt I would've continued watching the series. To be fair, however, as the series continues, it regains some of its earlier potential and arguably gets better with each episode. So as it stands, first impressions shouldn't always count.
  • This is the episode were we first meet Jay Herry and Atlanta.Hermes swoops down and saves each of them from Cronus's henchmen.They all accept there fate as heroes at the end.Jay then discovers where Cronus is keeping the monster.

I really liked this episode because it showed the charecteristics of Jay Herry and Atlanta.it was a good first episode.Most first episodes don't explain how the characters life was before he/she became a hero.But so far it has explained it well.The characters are all different and not simliar in any way.The episode was entertaining and kept me watching to find out what happened next.