Class of the Titans Forums

Daily 7:00 PM on TELETOONBetween Seasons

2nd Season of COTT

KOOKALAMUNGA

[1]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 3
    Hi all,
    Just wanted you to know that we have started springboardes for the 2nd season of Class. Glad you all are enjoying the series so far. The remaining shows left to air are Awesome. You will see Herry meet a girlfriend who isn't exactly what she seems and you will see Neil meet a very different girl who has a crush on him and finally the Battle Royale for the season finale. You finally meet Zeus as the Ruler of the Gods in a show down with Cronus. The animation is fantastic. Being the director is fun on this show and allof your comments are going to help out the upcoming shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xanthophiliac

[2]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 6
    Hi there, Mr. Goodchild.

First off, it's great to see you around here It's definitely always nice to meet people who work on projects you admire very much, I've noticed that quite a few who work on the show do have an online presence, which I think is wonderful. Secondly, thanks very much for the confirmation regarding the second season! I know I initially thought this was the kind of show that would only get one because of the material and what seems like a fairly limited release, but it's great to know that there's more coming. Am definitely looking forward to what you guys are coming up with, especially with a really enjoyable first season so far (minor mythological quibbles aside, but I'm probably just being an overly picky classical studies student).

That said, I'll be looking out for these remaining Awesome episodes when the Teletoon schedule makes more sense, welcome to the message board, and hope to see you around! Thanks for dropping by, that's awesome

PS: I don't know what you think of fans asking you questions about the show, but I know something a lot of people have been wondering is whether Atlanta is supposed to be a descendent of Artemis or Atalanta. Most people seem to agree that Atalanta makes more sense because she is actually a hero in the ancient classical definition (ie. mortal and dead) and the original press release mentioned Atalanta as well, but the opening titles and the opening episodes go with Artemis. Just curious

KOOKALAMUNGA

[3]Mar 31, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome. Yes you are right. We were thinking of Atalanta for Atlanta's descendent. Sorry about the confusion and it was a decision we kicked around. So you classical mythology people may catch a few decisions that were made. Check out my blog next week as I will start putting some art on it from the show.

Sukfong

[4]Apr 1, 2006
    Hello Mr. Goodchild.

I was wondering if you could clear up their ages and their powers, and where they slep in the dorms. Also if you could please tell us whats going on with Theresa and Jay, and Archie and Atlanta. Thank you, and I love the show

KOOKALAMUNGA

[5]Apr 1, 2006
    The kids all have their seperate rooms. They have been designed but not shown as yet because the stories have not warranted them. Jays room for example has lots of stuff related to sailing and there is a Golden Fleece throw rug on the floor, Neils room has wall to wall Mirrors and a Andy Warhol type painting of himself, Herry's room is like a gym, lots of weights etc, and of course Odie lives in basement as you have seen.
    Their powers are...Jay is the leader.Stategy
    Odie has the brains
    Theresa has pyschic abilities and martial art skills
    Atlanta is the hunter/ warrior
    Archie is warrior
    Herry has strength
    Neil is just plain lucky
    Hope that clears up a few questions.Glad you like the show. The new ones left to air are by far the best to date.....Jay dies in Road to Hades, really good story.
    Gotta go.

FlashSilverwing

[6]Apr 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    *smacks self for not reading this thread sooner*

Hi there. Thanks for the heads up. I simply love the show.

Heh, "awesome", gotta love that. I'll look forward to seeing them *pokes Teletoon, pops popcorn, and pre-reserves the couch*.

AlannaBanana32

[7]Apr 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    Hi Mr. Goodchild!

It's so good to see a director really, as corny as it sounds, connecting with his audience

I was wondering who your favourite character and God(dess) is? And, did you play in a part in creating the characters?

Also, we're having a little trouble with the eye colors. I was wondering if you could clear that up for us. And, why do certain Studio B productions end up on Teletoon, and some on YTV?

Anyways, if you need anything, like advice or ideas, I definitely recommend checking this forum, and maybe even reading some of the stories we've been writing.

Alanna M.
    Moose Jaw, Sask.
    Age 15
    Edited on 04/01/2006 3:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

babii_kitti

[8]Apr 1, 2006
    Hello Mr. Goodman

Class of the titans are one of my fave shows and I enjoy watching it. There are some questions that are on my mind and I would like to know

How come that "See you at the crossroads" wasn't aired? Was it meant to be for halloween? And "bows and eros" too. Was that meant for Valentine's day?

also I've noticed the relationship of Jay and Theresa. Same with Atlanta and Archie. is there some 'sparks' going on?

Well I hope these questions can be answered and I can't wait for you and your team for season two *waits for season two on couch while watching teletoon*

BYE!

KOOKALAMUNGA

[9]Apr 1, 2006
    Hi there,
    Well my favorite character is probably Neil. He is the most enjoyable to work with and gets all the best lines. I did have a lot to do with creating some of the characters. Mr. Suez is all mine. If you spell his name backwards it spells, you guessed it ZEUS....I did quite a few charcter designs, most of the Giants and the Typhoeus and alot of others. I will try and clear up the eye issue next week and look at our color models. The colors do change deprnding on DAY or Night color models. We are definitely going to push the relationship thing next season with Archie and Atlanta and Jay with Theresa.
    Crossroads is the Halloween show and Bows and Eros is the Valentines show. Well I will be reading the Forum and will try and answer as many questions as I can. But I really appreciate all your thoughts on the show.

MsCoffee

[10]Apr 2, 2006
    • level: 2
    How could anyone NOT like Neil? Anywho, I was just wondering if there were any plans for a musical epsiode? I think it would awesome to see everyone singing(although not Atlanta if 'Make-Up Exam' was any indication). And also I was wondering if you ever read the CoTT fanfiction? I know a few people on here write and I'm working on a few things and it would be amazing to get feedback from the director himself!

Well, that's about it! Also, just love the show! It rox my sox, and I really like how it mixes mythology into almost everything. It's like you can't watch one episode without learning something new and I like in a show, especially a cartton! Keep up the great work and looking forward to Season 2!
    Edited on 04/02/2006 7:08am

KOOKALAMUNGA

[11]Apr 2, 2006
    Thank you for the compliments on the show and its great you are picking up something from the show. Greek mythology certainly has its fill of things that used today in were words come from etc...Teletoon really wanted this and so did Studio B. Glad its working.
    As far as a musical I wouldn't hold your breath. This something we didn't want to do. We want it to be more of the action series with the humor thrown in. Sorry about that.

AlannaBanana32

[12]Apr 2, 2006
    Hi Mr. Goodchild

Sorry, it's me again. I have a couple more questions.

What are the voice actors like, and how did you choose them?

Also, I was wondering if you could clear something else up for us. What are the ages of the teens. Obviously most of them are old enough to drive.

Alanna

rockinangel

[13]Apr 6, 2006
    Hello!

Most of the ppl in my school are kicking ourselves for something that could be interesting.... if there was a chance if WE could choose what happened in ONE episode, we'd be all....err...."COOL"!

Most of our creativity is on fanfiction.net
    Judging how much people write, there's alot who like this show....lol

shippo-lover

[14]Apr 7, 2006
    Yeah That'd be awesome PLZ Like you could have all their past's revealled what they were like before all this stuff happened.

maki_catta

[15]Apr 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    I'm not sure how that would tie in with the rest of the show... it would be cool, though.

HugThePinapple

[16]Apr 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hi, Mr. Goodchild. First off, I love Class of the Titans! Second, this is pretty off-topic, but is the script found here going to be the script for an actual episode?

http://www.lesliemildiner.com/USERIMAGES/cottbirdmanpdf.pdf

Thanks in advance! I'm so looking forward to the next few episodes of Class of the Titans.

shippo-lover

[17]Apr 11, 2006
    HugThePinapple wrote:
    Hi, Mr. Goodchild. First off, I love Class of the Titans! Second, this is pretty off-topic, but is the script found here going to be the script for an actual episode?

http://www.lesliemildiner.com/USERIMAGES/cottbirdmanpdf.pdf

Thanks in advance! I'm so looking forward to the next few episodes of Class of the Titans.

Hi HugthePineapple that is an actual episode I'm 94% sure because there is a episode summary that matches it perfectly It's called Cronus flying circus read it and tell us what you think
    Edited on 04/21/2006 5:48am

AlannaBanana32

[18]Apr 11, 2006
    He said they had changed it though.

That's only the first draft.

shippo-lover

[19]Apr 12, 2006
    yeah but it's still that basic Idea

Soleilah

[20]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    I like it when Odie says Theresa is Jay's girlfriend!