Class of the Titans Forums

Daily 7:00 PM on TELETOONBetween Seasons

Phantom Rising (spoilers)

fazzems

[1]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 3

Thank the gods, wasn't it amazing? *squeals* I loved it loved it loved it! The best part is that I think there's going to be a third season, hence the Cronus Prophecy. I mean, Cronus practically stated that nobody was dead (including himself), so he needed to defeat the seven heroes, which leads onto a third season!

Seriously though, I loved the ending too... the J/T almost blinded me. Jay was so cute in Phantom Rising, in the first part he almost kissed Theresa!

I must've watched Phantom Rising three times now (yay for recording) and I don't really care if season 3 is dead and boring, just the thought of it is awesome

Sorry for venting it out of the forums, it was just so awesome (how many times have I said this now?)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FlashSilverwing

[2]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    I'm watching it again on Teletoon West lol.

I'm with you. The episode was fantastic. No need to apologize for venting your fanhood. This is what the forums are for *pets*. I'm not a "couples" person myself, but ya, the bit at sunset took the cake (and like I said on the New Episode post, Neil's random outburst during that passionate kiss was hilarious).

Regarding another season, the Teletoon site said PR was a "Series Finale". That doesn't ultimately rule out that there won't be anything after, but it is pretty big. However yes, the ending does kind of scream "gimmie third season!". I'm still hoping that Teletoon made a typo, especially after watching the episode.

This is just me talking, but without a prophecy, this might make a 3rd season darker (*squee*). Like, the kids basically took the job of "Cronus buster" because they had the Oracle's prophecy to back them up (thousands of years with correct prophecies. Gotta love that, and with PR, he's right again). Without it, they are flying blind and there is a real possibility for a character DYING or Cronus to take a piece out of the world (that kind of opportunity seems like a potential godsend for Crunus. Erm...ignore pun).

neko_kage

[3]Jun 22, 2008
    I'm sorry for those of you here who wants another season, but personally, I don't think the show should be continued. And sorry for those who thinks it's a good idea for the show to get *darker*, but again, personally, I don't want that to happen. I like the show as it is. If I want things to get darker, I might as well do it in fics. Besides, if it becomes darker and more mature, there might be stuff appearing that I don't think a lot of people will sit well with *coughslashcough*.

FlashSilverwing

[4]Jun 22, 2008
    I didn't mean THAT kind of dark of course. If I wanted that then I would watch my other shows. Naturally it's a kid show. I mean kind of like the "dark within reason" kind of plots, like "Road To Hades" or "Graes Anatomy" that the show has touched on a lot.

But ya, I'm weird lol. I've been watching the show since I was about 17, and I'm 20 now.

neko_kage

[5]Jun 22, 2008
    Oh, ok. What i'm afraid is that it will get too dark for comfort, or for kids. Like I said, I like the show the way it is, it just has the right amount of darkness and light moments.

cottrox

[6]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah, I don't neccessarily want a third season, but I would be so happy for at least a TV movie that showed their actual last fight with Cronus, and put more closure into it. The ending shot was amazing, with all the kids on the cliff... I think a movie would be fantastic. A third season would be okay, but it'd have to be carefully planned to continue their story without getting too dark for kids. Personally, I don't mind things slightly dark, like in PR, but anything with a dark ending would just make me edgy. So a movie to put closure on PR's sort of ominous ending would be perfect... but that's just my opinion.

snowborderchick

[7]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    I agree that it would be hard to make a third season, but at the same time, they left the end of the second at such a clifhanger, you expect another one, and it almost seems uncomplete without a proper ending.

Sailngchix349

[8]Jun 24, 2008
    Oooh!!! Good idea, cottrox!
    I LOVE when they do that for tv shows!

cottrox

[9]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    Thanx At FanFiction.Net, a group of fellow writer friends and I have all signed a letter that we're sending to Studio B., thanking them for making CotT. I suggested we put in a hint that fans would love a movie. ;p If you want to sign it, just go to FanFiction.Net, and under Class of the Titans you'll find the letter to Studio B. Leave your name in a review, whether its your real one or not, and my friend, who's organizing it, will add your name to the letter.

RhiiNoir

[10]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    OMG! I LOVED Phantom Rising! The J/T moments we're so sweet! And the end did leave a space for a next season or i agree even a movie

I cried when Theresa died, lol i was like weeping at the computer haha but overall i absolutely loved it =]
    But i'll miss it so much.

*cries into shoulder*
    lol.

o0olalao0o

[11]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    Personally, as an AxA fan, I found that the sudtle part of Archie holding out his hand and Atlanta just taking it and smirking to be perfect. I was actually fearing some over dramatic ending for those two - but I loved it! So sweet and simple, and allows you to make up your own little ending.

RhiiNoir

[12]Jun 28, 2008
    Yeah.

Sailngchix349

[13]Jul 8, 2008
    WHAT??? THERESA DIED???
    Nooooo! Why did they kill her off????!!!!

FlashSilverwing

[14]Jul 9, 2008
    0___0 Who said she died? She looked pretty alive when she kissed Jay.

Sailngchix349

[15]Jul 10, 2008

Sorry, I didn't see that epp. I'm not too sure about what happend.
    *crawls in a hole*

RhiiNoir

[16]Jul 19, 2008
    Well technically she did die because he could'nt feel a pulse

FlashSilverwing

[17]Jul 19, 2008
    Ya, but she came back. Technically she wasn't killed off at the end.

RhiiNoir

[18]Jul 19, 2008
    Yeah...that's what i mean
    LOL

Sailngchix349

[19]Jul 22, 2008
    Ok. *whew* Lol.

Fekul_the_Baby

[20]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 15
    Persephone claims gods can't break bones...but what about Hephaestus' lame foot? In the original mythology, he was crippled after being thrown from the top of Olympus by an angry Hera. Immortal doesn't necessarily equal invulnerable. Also, it seems in every other episode these kids have to clean up some god's mess from millennia ago...if you read the stories, those fellows were always killing, banishing, transforming, or sexually assaulting someone. And, if one is immortal, I guess that leaves a person a long time to hold a grudge.