Claymore Forums

Nippon Television Network Corporation (ended 2007)

Claymore vs. DtB

fullmetalhollow

[1]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    Claymore vs Darker than black, which do you think is better, personally i like darker than black a bit more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seenoong

[2]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 10

fullmetalhollow wrote:
    Claymore vs Darker than black, which do you think is better, personally i like darker than black a bit more.
    I'm only starting to watch Darker than Black but the first few episodes already lost to Claymore. At least, that's what I felt. Although I do like the storyline of Darker than Black, I'm still trying to grasp why the protagonists are doing what they are doing. The pace is quite slow compared to Claymore and even fighting scenes are scarce, too quickly executed and lack the emotions and passion of Claymore. However, I'm beginning to see some character development in the main protagonist but still Claymore already has more of those at the same stage that I am watching now. Nonetheless, I hope that I shall be expecting more from Darker than Black.

So I have finished Darker than Black and my overall assessment is Claymore is by far better than Darker than Black. The storyline, character developments, theme songs are better than DtB. However, like Master_M2K said, animation of DtB may be slightly better than Claymore but nonetheless, the plotin Claymore requires it to be so. Thus, I chose Claymore too.

Edited on 12/01/2007 6:53am

Master_M2K

[3]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 58

I've just finished Darker than BLACK and even though the overall animation quality is better (more fluid) the story & plot in Claymore is far better .

So I'll have to go for Claymore. ^_^

read1216

[4]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    I would say Claymore hands down. The episodes keep you wanting more and after watching the series it really made me go out and invest in the Manga series. I cannot wait to see the next season which I have heard is coming in May. Lets cross our fingers.

Master_M2K

[5]Dec 11, 2007

read1216 wrote:
    I would say Claymore hands down. The episodes keep you wanting more and after watching the series it really made me go out and invest in the Manga series. I cannot wait to see the next season which I have heard is coming in May. Lets cross our fingers.

If by some freak accident, what you say is true, then the next season would be a great disappointment to manga fans. Sorry to sound pesimistic but Madhouse it known for messing manga stories. ^_^

Mordiford

[6]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 10

I believe the Claymore Manga is on par with Darker than BLACK[ or maybe the claymore manga is slightly better]

However Darker than BLACK is a full head and shoulders above the Claymore Anime.

Towards the end of Claymore it looks like everyone is freaking using Quick Sword in the anime, it's just retarded... way to be cheap just because quick sword is easier to animate.

I also think that there is more character development in Darker than BLACK... but i think that DTB should have had a more solid ending... However since theres an OVA coming out i think any problems i had with DTB will be resolved and it'll have secured its place as one of my favorite animes.

Master_M2K

[7]Jan 11, 2008
    Mordiford wrote:

I also think that there is more character development in Darker than BLACK... but i think that DTB should have had a more solid ending... However since theres an OVA coming out i think any problems i had with DTB will be resolved and it'll have secured its place as one of my favorite animes.

Or the OVA could just makes things worse, like what BONES did to Wolf's Rain when they released an OVA. What use is it when you have an ending that depressing. ^_^

solgrifter

[8]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 31
    Haven't heard of Darker than Black, any links to it?

KingofIPirates

[9]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'd give the slight edge to Claymore.
    Edited on 03/06/2009 2:46pm
    Edited 7 total times.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[10]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 47
    I thought Darker Than Black had a disappointing ending while Claymore was thoroughly good imo.