Cleopatra 2525

(ended 2001)

gabfan31

Cleopatra 2525 Fan Reviews (8)

7.6
  • I feel the problems with this show are with the writing and not the acting. The writers have given the actors nothing to build the character motivation.

The show is based on the plot that an exotic dancer is cryogenically frozen in 2001. She re-animated in the 26th century. At this time an army of robots in command of the planet and humans banished to a subterranean existence. In the first place it is a difficult task to write a character with that background that would make me care about her. The writers have made her shallow caring more about her looks than a moral cause. This maybe funny in the first episode but it is a character flaw. There is no reason shown why this swallow person should all of a sudden decide to help and save other people. She makes quotes from movies and famous people but has no life experience past or present that would make her suddenly into a hero. Yet, all of a sudden she is the moral voice for the trio.

The trio, Cleo joins forces with her liberators, resistance fighters Helen, and Sarge. Both of these characters tease Cleo about her focus on her looks, while they are dressed provocatively. They may be talented fighters, but do not demonstrate strength of character. The characters are passionate but we do not know why. Background about them or their relationship to each other is not given. Well acted but poorly written.

The problem with this show is that it does not develop characters that I can relate to or care about on any level. It is does not develop background for the characters that gives us reasons as to why they behave as they do. It is missing motivation for actions and character development.