Cleopatra 2525

(ended 2001)

gabfan31

Cleopatra 2525 Fan Reviews (8)

7.6
  • It may be cheesy, but it's tasty cheese.

Man, I love this show. Why? I'm not exactly sure, but I suppose just because it's pure mindless fun.

"Cleopatra 2525" is set in the year 2525. Mankind has been driven underground by alien-like robots called Baileys. In the pilot episode a young woman named Cleo wakes up. She was cryogenically frozen in the 20th century after a breast augmentation surgery went wrong and she didn't wake up. She joins up with two warrior women named Hel (played by the talented Gina Torres) and Sarge.

As I said before, this show is a lot of fun. The cheesiness is acceptable because it's pretty much there on purpose. It doesn't try to be anything it's not, it's just there to entertain, and entertain it does. But the world it's set up is very intriguing and it's too bad it couldn't have been explored more.

I think it would be awesome if a major network decided to recreate this show, with at least the three main stars and a bigger budget. This show would go well on Fridays after a week of school or work or whatever. A primetime show could offer some more character development and time and means to further explore the show's universe, but I know this will never happen.

Fortunately "Cleopatra 2525" is now available on DVD, and I would suggest checking it out if you're a fan of sci-fi and lots of explosions.