Clifford the Big Red Dog

PBS (ended 2003)

Clifford the Big Red Dog Fan Reviews (27)

7.4
  • Remember it to be pretty decent

Various ep (01-05) PBS
  • One of my favorite shows when I was little

This show teaches many good lessons like being kind, fair and friendship. It is for younger kids and I still sort of like it. These episodes are well written and relatable. This show is heartwarming, the characters are lovable, and it is a great show for younger kids!

• awesome!

awesome!
  • Can I keep him? Please? :)

Clifford was one of the shows I always enjoyed. (Whoever dislikes the show based on the dog's size, you should stop looking to children's cartoons for accuracy on the world.) He's a big, lovable dog with a loving owner, a young girl named Emily, and his slightly-goofy friends, Cleo (a spoiled poodle) and T-Bone, a meek and clumsy bulldog. The episodes teach all kinds of great lessons - sharing, telling the truth, obedience, trying your best, and never giving up, as well as being nice to everyone.

The drawing is great, and the plots are wonderful - always exciting and fun and even funny sometimes. I can relate to many of the characters and situations they end up in, and their personalities and traits are realistic. Their voices suit their characters, and their traits suit their bodies. Clifford, for example, is a gentle and generous giant, while Cleo is bouncy and slightly prissy, while T-Bone is shy, awkward, and usually the one who has to try the hardest to keep up. I think kids (and many adults) can relate well to the characters and their problems, and like me, will root for the characters to work things out in one way or another.

So, long review short: This show is definitely worth watching!
  • Cute and

exciting to follow! Clifford is a dog fond of adventure and fun... great for kids to watch and follow1 The cartoon and scenes are well drawn out and written!
  • Great show!

A very nice good show.
  • I have always love Clifford the Big Red Dog:-) !!! Here is my review.

I love Clifford the Big Red Dog:-)He is so cute and looks very lovable along with his two friends Cleo and Tbone. I love how this show teaches kids very good lessons and also is very funny at the same time;-) Great job will always love this show.

• A heart warming show. About friends and our family.

OK Clifford is about a Girl and her best friend Clifford. They go on all sorts of adventures like in the book.the only diffences is that there are 2 friends of Clifford. Cleo and T-bone. They are pretty cool. So I love the relationship of Emily and Clifford and Emily Elziabeth. They have a great relationship and They love each other so much. So I love this show . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .
  • Dreadful and horrible. EVen when I was younger....

I did not like that show at all when I was younger. It was dreadful and terrible. I changed the channel so I won't get tooo enraged about it. Who will make a show about a stupid giant puppy?? I was just like "I don't really like this show" so I changed it. The songs are stupid, and this came out 2000 really?? I doubt it, I think it's much older than that. It has like the weakest artwork for 2000 even the animation. I even know a stupid movie called "The Adventures Of Tom Thumb & Thumbelina" and it has worst drawings badly sketched and worser animation. Like that's a movie to "Clifford The Big Red Dog" and I didn't like it so that's why I don't like this one. Why do so many of you love this show very much? It's not heartwarming nor wonderful.
  • Possibly the last watchable show ever to premiere on PBS.

Well, I don't really watch that show all that much anymore, mainly since I'm older, but occaisionally I might go back and watch a recording I made of it years ago, or something like that, and remember the good days when I watched it and almost everything on TV was good.

This show is like the book series, but it adds a whole new set of characters like Jetta, Mac, T-Bone, Cleo, Charlie, and Vaz. And who could forget the Bleakmans, the next-door neighbors of the Howards'?

The stories are simple, yet watchable anyway. Although the humor is aimed for little kids, it's not so bad that it's a Dora-style joke you've just heard/seen.

The last couple episodes aren't my favorite, but that happens with most shows--the writers run out of ideas. They aren't all that bad--just different, if you will.

So, if you have a kid or kids, you may enjoy it if you watch it with them.

Final Words: A decent show that can still be enjoyed.
  • Clifford is a fabulous dog and this is fabulous show.

Let's see....what can I tell you about this show..?
    Ok well when I was younger I use to watch it all the time I'm talking probably some time after 2000 because it isn't that old of a show.
    The Clifford story is truly amazing I love it so much, I still watch it today although I probably saw all the episodes already. "Clifford needed Emily so she chose him for her own and th love made Clifford grow so big that the Howards had to leave their home. Clifford's the best friend anyone could know,he's the greatest dog ever, I really think so. Clifford's so loyal he's there when you call. I love Clifford the big red dog. So they packed up the family car and the Howards left the city. They moved to Birdwell Islands there so many of friends there to greet Clifford and Emily. Clifford's so much fun he's a friend to us all, I love Clifford the big red dog!"

That theme song is enough to warm the coldest of hearts. When I was younger I really did believe that if I loved my dog with all my heart he'd grow up to be just as big as Clifford.
    That's how influential this show is. It teaches kids from an early age to love and treat animals well. I too love Clifford the big red dog.
  • Perfect

otimo desenho, que conta uma otima historia de diversão entre amigos que na história são cachorros ou seja mostra uma história que mostra a vida de uma criança, que na minha opinião o desenho é perfeito, pelos episodios que vi pela TV Cultura e TVE Brasil os graficos são tão bons, mas são otimos se fomos ver o ano que o desenho foi feito, pois de 2000 até 2003 não havia uma tecnologia tão boa quanto as dos dias de hoje, mas temos que ver que mesmo sem graficos perfeitos, fez um trabalho como pode e ficou muito bom, melhor do que eu esperava.
  • Based on the books by Norman Birdwell, In 1988 they released VHS's of clifford by Nelvana. Then in 2000, They got their own television cartoon series on that dang PBS kids.

6.1
    My 32nd Review after "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!".

This cartoon is Ok. It's based on the books by Norman Birdwell. It's about a young girl named "Emily Elizabeth". wih her HUGE filppin' dog, Clifford the Big red dog. They used to live on a city, then they moved onto an island known as "Birdwell Island" Based on The Creater's last name. He had 3 never before seen on the book series friends known as T-bone, Cleo, and Mac. Now, I want to grade this cartoon. How about a C? Good Enough. Now for the results:

Voice-acting: A+ 9.5/10.0 Exllecent English voice-acting. I loved T-bone's Season 2 voice! Animation: B 7.1/10.0 Awww... Cute and colorful Animation. With small black dotted eyes on most chracthers.

Graphics: C+ 6.5/10.0 Average but the framerate for animation and graphics are sometimes fast and sometimes slow.

Sound: B+ 7.8/10.0 Island music with decent sound effects.

Dialouge: D 5.0/10.0 Some scripts are good but mostly B-A-D.

Eductional Value: D- 4.5/10.0 This cartoon has poor Eductional program, but mostly entertaining.

Overall: C 6.1/10.0 One of the better cartoons taht's Eductional to premare on PBS kids. PBS kids is really terrbile because of Barney and Friends, Teletubbies and Boohabh. They ruined Public Television! Aviod those 3 shows at all costs.
  • OOO.. How I loved this show

Awsome show I love it! T-bone is my favorite charter because hee very loyal and turstworthy. I just love this show!!! (What happend to new episodes?)Anyways The show features Clifford the huge 20ft tall big red-dog. Emily Elizabeth (Clifford's Owner) and Cliffords Friends T-BONE, Cleo and oncasinulay kasey a 3 legged dog which a good friend to Clifford and the gang. Then the 2ndary Charters which im not sure whom they are but they usually will come every other episode. My favorite episode was when Carley (Emily Elizabeth's friend) and EE accidently broke carley's fathers Ice Cream Meachine and the hole deck was filled with ice cream. That was funny. I just love this show!
  • A great show that every child should see..

Every morning, while I'm getting ready for work, Clifford is on PBS in my state. I've sat and watched numorous times, and have found that every show that I have ever seen has included a great message and is extremely entertaining. I watch a lot of cartoons, but Clifford covers some of the best subjects that a child will come across as they get older and this show teaches amazing morals.

I have recommended this show to everyone that I know who has children and even to those who just like cartoons. People of all ages can appreicate this show, whether it be for educational value or entertainment value, or even both.
  • This show I do not get at all theirs no such thing as a big red dog unless he is an alien and aliens do not live today or forever or in the past. And the main character Emily she is very ugly no hard feelings to the people that love to watch this show.

This show I love and don't love it is boring but it is a fun show to watch. I'm a dog lover thats the only reason I love this show because of the dogs to bad they don't have any pugs in their. On scale of 1 to 10 I rate it a 6. How many people love to watch it and why agree with my review have fun watching this show.
  • Who is Emily Elizabeth #1????:

This is the first time that I have seen any reference to the first Clifford The Big Red Dog Series... This was on way before Clifford The Big Red Dog was on PBS. It was probably produced by Scholastic, but these episodes was made entirely for education. I will try to find out more about this.

The show on PBS is completely different. There seems to be too many bright colors on this show, and also The Howards need a very big yard, and I don't think that yard that they have is very big... Probably because he is free to to whatever he can on that Island, since the people like how he is very helpful... It is surprising that there aren't more people afraid of a giant dog, and why a dog that big wouldn't be a celebrity or something. And why aren't there any more dogs that big?? And this newer series isn't really based on the books much at all. I like the books better than this series.

There are also several changes that they made to the show that I didn't like.....
  • They invented clifford's puppy days when the man who makes the voice of the big clifford died in 2003. So than they invented clifford's puppy days to continue the history of Clifford.

So than they invented clifford's puppy days to continue the history of Clifford.Thats when they stared the cartoon of baby clifford.
    I like cliffords puppy days better i don't know why, but i think is because he is really cute when hes was a baby dog.
    Clliford's best friend is geroge on clifford'd puppy days, and o Clifford the big red dog, Cleo and T-Bone is his best friends.
    He was the smallest dog in his city when he was a puppy.When he was big, he was the biggest dog in the Island.
    That's clifford!
  • I love clifford the big red dog...

Cliiford is a great cartoon for kids and adults alike and was cancled because his voice actor john ritter passed away and hope that some day they can replace his voice and pick the show up again.I read Clifford as a kid and still watch it with my kids every chance I get and read the books to my children.They do have cliffords puppy days which is a cute cartoon also, but i still love Clifford the big red dog. Anyone who says it is no good as a cartoonm evidently does not get the educational value and the moral value of the show or they don\'t have children and appreciate the good things but instead they are to immature to admit that it is a great show.
  • I don't get why people hate this show.

This show is enjoyable. It teaches kids moral lessons and friendships. So what if Clifford is a big red dog. You should learn how kids are with their overactive imaginations. (Ex. The Backyardigans and Sesame Street) Besides I kinda like the big red dog. So (pulls a fire gun toward you) you shall die!!!
  • i cannot imagine how big his poop is. (Not to be mean)

4.2
    i mean i don't want to be mean but i think it's true this show does'nt make much sence to an older person. but little kids don't care. when my little brother watches it i will watch it when i have to baby sit but i would NEVER watch it on my own free will
  • A great show for kids, bring it back.

This was a pretty good animated childrens television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog is not a bad show, but it could really use some improvement.

7.4
    Clifford the Big Red Dog is about a girl, Emily Elizabeth, that got a little puppy and named it Clifford. After time, the dog got big. Clifford has many adventures with his dog friends and other people, and they learn lessons and stuff, like usual kid shows.

Clifford isn't a half-bad show. It teaches kids lessons that could be important and is entertaining at times. The plot is very original, too. However, the plots need some help. Sometimes, the episodes seem to get a little repetitive, IMO. Character development and animation are good, but when they try to be funny is where they fail. Some of the episodes are not very good, either.
    Forgive me for not being accurate, but I haven't watched this show in a while. Overall, good animation, plot(s), bad jokes, okay episodes, and great character development.
    7.4/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • baahhh!! clifford, a show I'm glad they've gone to the vets to be basicly put down MUHAHAHA get it? its a joke I made up.

0.5
    I am so glad they stopped making the tv series. It was getting on my ******* ******* nerves having to watch it with my baby cuosion but they still show reruns booooo hiiissss!!!! but however I used to love the pound puppie's when I was a lad and clifford has that simular resenbulance to the pound puppys. I do think though that personally its a good show for under 8's, I think if a was a little boy (which I'm not I'm 21) then I'd probably love watching it but I'm not so there.
  • A great moral value series for children.

This show was wonderful for anybody no matter the age. Sadly the show was cancelled because of the late John Ritter's passing. But they managed to make a spin-off anyway to keep Clifford well known anyway. Overall just watch the reruns to teach your child about good values and fun!
  • At first I thought the books were bad, but when I saw the television series, this is the best!

At first I thought the books were bad, but when I saw the television series, this is the best! It's a personal favorite of my kids and they REALLY enjoy Clifford. I give this show a BIG 10+, it's the best show ever made to last! Love this show 2!
  • Big Red Dog!

6.3
    I use to love to read those "Clifford: The big red dog" books I collected them as a child back in elementary school. I got excited once they came up with a tv series on the PBS channel. To my surprise it was not the best cartoon I had ever seen. I was a bit dissapointed. The show lacks creativity. The episodes are mostly similar with the big red dog and the little girl. I think the show needs some improvement definitely because it tends to bore my little cousins that are 4 years old, they rather watch something more interesting.