Clifford the Big Red Dog

PBS (ended 2003)

Clifford the Big Red Dog Fan Reviews (26)

7.4
  • Can I keep him? Please? :)

Clifford was one of the shows I always enjoyed. (Whoever dislikes the show based on the dog's size, you should stop looking to children's cartoons for accuracy on the world.) He's a big, lovable dog with a loving owner, a young girl named Emily, and his slightly-goofy friends, Cleo (a spoiled poodle) and T-Bone, a meek and clumsy bulldog. The episodes teach all kinds of great lessons - sharing, telling the truth, obedience, trying your best, and never giving up, as well as being nice to everyone.

The drawing is great, and the plots are wonderful - always exciting and fun and even funny sometimes. I can relate to many of the characters and situations they end up in, and their personalities and traits are realistic. Their voices suit their characters, and their traits suit their bodies. Clifford, for example, is a gentle and generous giant, while Cleo is bouncy and slightly prissy, while T-Bone is shy, awkward, and usually the one who has to try the hardest to keep up. I think kids (and many adults) can relate well to the characters and their problems, and like me, will root for the characters to work things out in one way or another.

So, long review short: This show is definitely worth watching!