Clone High

Escape to Beer Mountain: A Rope of Sand

Aired Monday 10:30 PM Nov 02, 2002 on TELETOON

• The government dug up famous people in the 80's and cloned them. Fast Forward 16 years and you have famous people going through puberty. The 5 main Characters are honest abe, angsty Joan of Arc, Ghandi 90s style, Hot Clepatra, sex crazed JFK. Priceless.

This episode gives no explanation as to why there was a bunch of clones of famous people. All we know is shadowy figures wants to know what it's like to be a teenager.

Honest Abe is a lanky loser who just desperately wants to fit in. Then there's the two friends by his side, one the crazy sidekick who is a bigger loser than our hero but he's still funny. Then the girl who always has something against the mainstream and likes our main hero.

Now the kicker is that the crazy comedic relief comes from Ghandi it's awesome to see him in such a role that you know the real Ghandi would have self barbecued rather than play. That's what makes it funny, you have to realize that it's a joke not meant to be taken to seriously.

Who better to play the angst-ridden girl than the original Joan of Arc? She's gothic and humorousand so obviously in love with Abe it's painful. The random lines like
    Abe: Have you ever liked someone so much you're afraid you're going to blurt out something stupid?
    (pause)
    Joan: I have a rash on my back.

This was such a great episode. I loved this show and I was disappointed to see it go but this show could have made it given the right timeslot.

In america someone needs to get Adult Swim to bring this back like The Oblongs, Mission Hill, Family GUy and Futurama.