Clone High

Litter Kills: Litterally

Aired Monday 10:30 PM Jan 19, 2003 on TELETOON

• A hysterical parody of a cheap teen drama ploy.

"This is not a cheap ploy in which we introduce a new character only to kill him off." Except it is. And that's why it's so funny.

The clone of Juan Ponce de Leon is, apparently, JFK's best friend - despite the fact that we've never seen him before. He dies a horrible, graphic, litter-induced death. JFK spends the better part of the episode crying hysterically, and Cleo attempts to comfort him. Abe is uncomforable with how much time his girlfriend is spending with his ex. Bad metaphors ensue.

I have to say, in the ten minutes he was actually on screen, Ponce grew on me. Probably because he was one of very few people to appear on the show that wasn't completely off in la-la-land. Alas, he was expendable, and had to perish as a plot point.

A fabulous parody of your average teen series when it tries its hand at tragedy. Probably the best episode of the series, in my oh-so-humble opinion.
  • Funniest and saddest episode of the series

This episode starts with the save the enviroment BBQ were it is all littered because Ponce who everyone liked littered all the time. Then he encourages Abe to take Cleo to go to teen sex cove, then we get that Gandhi is imprisoned because he wore orange warm-ups. Ponce fights with JFK his best friends and then Joan tells him that littering is not good, and Ponce says "What is litter gonna kill me" and then dies because of litter.after that we see the funny but sad funeral, JFK gets angst and Cleo consoles him but Abe thinks JFK is planning to take away cleo from him.