Clone High

TELETOON (ended 2003)

maritimer00

Clone High Fan Reviews (45)

• He's an up and coming rapper with street smarts and skills to pay the bills, she's a lovably canceled television program... And they're on a collision course for hilarity and a wholesomely good time! But can they make it work? The yes's and no's as 2.5 ba

Have you ever been enveloped in one of those awful comedy romance movies and had no way to escape? I'm not just talking about being trapped in the cinema floor itself, ushers aggressively sashaying you into submission, but inside the movie. For the outsider it may be cringe inducing, but deep down they’ll suppress the realization that it’s cute in a way not dissimilar to your parents still making out.

At first glance, Clone High was an adversary fit to be loathed. My past relationships with these betty’s had been exponentially disappointing and abusive. Commercial-wise, I glowered contemptuously at its coquettish posturing toward the target demographic and imagined foibles. Unconsciously I had decided not to ogle it’s sumptuously glossed curves and plump, undulating haunches of creativity the networks impartial voiceover showcased. “Don’t get drawn in champ, it’s either gonna be a twofaced know-it-all
    like Sarah Southpark, or a drunken waste case like Sally Simpsons or you’ll wind up in bed with the second Pamela (Peter) Popetown and realize it’s another man.”

But as the movie genre dictates, I inevitably came around. By chance or fate, I flipped the love box on just as Clone High premiered. It was like that girl you had met earlier stopped taking your seat on the bus, grabbing the last candy bar out of the machine and punching you in the face just long enough to smile. And boy what a smile. I didn’t need to truly appreciate the premise of the show or the characters; that came later. I was even so blind as to not capture the play off other teen melodramas, and in the midst of rapture I was briefly taken aback that the show which had been incalculably funny so far would employ such a lame decision making climax. However, the first date was surprisingly hot, and I eagerly awaited next weeks.

Just succinctly I’ll detail a few of Clone High’s features which entailed the fiery attraction I hope you’ll experience atleast once in your life.
    It is my opinion that it is inarguably funny, I don’t care if you’re the white witch who is made of stone, has no mouth and finds the idea convoluted; your sure to crack a giggle. The writers portion of the ten million didn’t go to corn nuts, and it shows.
    The theme and rebellious parody allocates the teens more strata’s of psychological relevance and power than any self respecting drama, I cannot even begin to fathom the strength to dissect the endless potential for teenage conflict with the railsplitter as a clone father. They are able to agonize and hambone their petty plights but hurdle monotonous angst with gag lines and hysterics. Furthermore, I do identify with the characters, but it isn’t required to enjoy the program.
    Complementing this, the pace is frantic and never preachy, and the minimalist background artwork is audacious and intrinsically appealing. But before berets are slung into the ring and a noxious smog of pretension chokes the crowd, I’ll stop diluting the symphony by putting it in words. Maybe you can get a superficial feel with some of these clips: http://www.clonehighusa.com/downloads/clips/_qt/new_pix_web/index.htm

I learned early on that this was the one. I mean that in every stereotypical, high flown flowery and pink lace gilded sense. I was going to hold her hands to the grave, and it’s rather sad that she was wrestled still breathing into it, before we all got a chance to know her. I wouldn’t say our comedy romance ended as a tradgedy; she wouldn’t like that. But there’s nothing funny about ending great things like this without a punchline.