Clone High

TELETOON (ended 2003)

maritimer00

Clone High Fan Reviews (45)

• Historical Accuracy!

I stumbled upon Clone High recently after hearing tidbits about it from fans of Scrubs and random interviews by the directors of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Whom created the show). So I found the pilot online and literally almost hurt myself laughing.

Rarely do comedies contain such clever hybrid concepts, all the while maintaining hilarity, genuinely likeable characters and a blistering pace now standard in most comedy shows.

The show excels the most with its odd ball humor seemingly poking fun at sitcom and teenage drama cliches. Both of these are most present when the show jabs at the "A very special episode", "Previously on" or "Next time" narrated segments, often to episode highlight degree.

However, I never really felt they managed to top the pilot in the laughs department and with EVERY single episode featuring something tying into Joan constantly pining over Abe, the plot, in my opinion, never explored its genius concept in any huge way. In short, I've never wanted straight filler so bad in my life.

But with that being said, its short life span didn't really let the show grow and that maybe the biggest sin of omission it committed. Being to darn original to stick around.