Close to Home

Barren

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 16, 2007 on CBS

• This episode captivated me from start to finish with absolutly no disappointments. Excellent writing

This is one episode that was in a class by itself. The writers did a superb job. It was a show that brought out compassion for the characters as well as the suspense of the murder. This was the kind of episode that you could follow along in hopes of solving the crime. We have seen quite a few courtroom dramas but many of them become like soap operas. Close to Home is a great show and This episode Barren, warrants another viewing. We hope to see it again in a rerun. A great episode with a good ending.
  • We enjoyed this episode very much.Kept us interested right away and was glued to the tv.It had a different twist at the end that was very believable.There was tears as well as alittle humor.We always go to bed early but this kept us awake .

We enjoyed this episode very much.Kept us interested right away and was glued to the tv.It had a different twist at the end that was very believable.There was tears as well as alittle humor.We always go to bed early but this kept us awake and on the edge of our seat.Would like to know who played the dead girl in the opening scene.What a beautiful young girl and would like to know more of the writers of this episode.Very sad ending but thats what made it so believable,you could relate with the mother of the dead girl and feel her pain
  • Sad ending to the an otherwise good episode.

Once again this was a great show and that it
    Was a sad ending as my heart really sanked for
    The biological father. As his wife who is arrested for the surrogate mother's murder, only cared about her looks and not the baby at all. Annabeth as you can tell really misses her husband a lot. Bittersweet show though.
  • This was pretty good and had a suprising ending.

This was a very sad episode which I felt like alot of these "thin", rich women who only think of themselves would actually do in reality. This in my opinion would make me want to do some research on the biological parents to make sure that they wanted the baby because there is a reason besides being vain about their looks that they need a surrogate. I have always seen the shows where it is the surrogate mother who is supposedly crazy that goes off the deep end. I felt like Annabeth did a fine job of prosecuting this case. I was sad to see the biological father realize that his wife only cared about her looks and not him or the baby. I am glad that he told the surrogate mother's mom to come and see the baby. I hope they do keep this on for a third season and get the ordeal wrapped up with Annabeth's husband killer over with.