Close to Home

Protege

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 09, 2007 on CBS

• When a friend of Conlon's, Judge Sheffield, is murdered in a random mugging on a visit to Indianapolis, Conlon and the team take up the case against a borderline mentally retarded man who confesses to the murder.

This was a very good episode. Sheffield's son was annoying and I felt that even though he's Conlon's friend and a retired lawyer, he shouldn't have helped the office with the case. I thought the interrogation scene with "John Cooke, Jr." was a funny scene. Especially when he confessed outright to murdering the man. However, he had invoked his right to a lawyer (inadvertently) and the confession was inadmissable... When Annabeth was taken off the case by Conlon because she couldn't argue for the Death Penalty and Conlon took the stand, I was happy that Conlon found out that John and the other guy switched places when they got to the ATM Machine which John couldn't handle because of his mental capacity, and I feel that the episode ended good, with the "carpetbagger" joke by Annabeth.