Coach

ABC (ended 1997)

gwactuary

Coach Fan Reviews (22)

• A fine show from the 90\'s. Genuinely funny from episode to episode. It did lose some steam past the 5th season or so. All and all a show worth TiVoing on USA.

I watched Coach in my youth. I was around 10 when the show began and I watched it well into high school. I\'ve recently watched it all the way through on USA with the assistance of TiVo. It reminded my what a classic this show is. The structure of the show was a big part of its charm. The opening segment was usually a self-contained gag. Someone was usually doing something dumb whether it be Luther, Dauber, or Hayden. These little openings always had a way of getting you in the mood for some good wholesome humor. In the 9 seasons they did the show managed to stay relatively fresh. Though, I\'d say past the 5th season or so there were hints of losing steam. What really kept this show going was Coach himself. His brash and sometimes dimwitted demeanor was the source of a lot of great story lines. Though as Hayden matured through the diligence of his wife Christine, the well of that humor seemed to dry up a bit. All and all a fine show, worth another look.