Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island

The WB (ended 2006)

SrRui

Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island Fan Reviews (68)

5.4
  • All I could think of was one thing; this is a SpongeBob ripoff and I don't even like SpongeBob

1.5
    Pretty much the whole show with characters, setting, plots, jokes, or even dialogue reminds me that overrated insult to intelligence SpongeBob is. This piece of garbage could lower IQs. I couldn't stand it. No wonder it got cancelled. In fact that the only good thing about this show is that it canned after its first season. Boy did Kids WB really fail on this one. Distinctions between parodies and knockoffs shouldn't be that hard to tell apart. What made this a knockoff/ripoff is that a parody would had more creative effort as well as some orginality put into them.
  • Dead, and I never came to his funeral. I feel bad. NOT!

1.7
    Fruits shouldn't be used for stupidity. This is a good reason why. I certainly could not stand this show. I agree with everyone else, it is a ripoff of Spongebob, in a few ways:1.It takes place near or in water, 2.There's like, several characters who behave like all the Spongebobb characters, and 3.Fred acts like Spongebob, yet he will never be like Spongebob. Everyone was so stupid! I am glad this show is cancelled. It deserved it. Please don't renew it!!
  • If Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island has any purpose television, then it's to be the biggest rip off of all time.

I've seen many rip offs in my time watching TV, but I have to say that Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island has got to be the biggest rip off of all time. It's seriously the biggest waste of time to ever hit the face of television and that's saying something considering the shows I have seen. If you have by some stroke of luck miss this show then here's the premise. The show centers around an island called Fruit Salad Island where it is inhabited by walking, talking, and breathing fruits. The main character in this show is a coconut named Coconut Fred, a crazy and insane coconut, and tells of his adventures with his friends. So notice what the show is sounding like so far? Well in case you haven't guessed already it's a complete rip off of Spongebob Squarepants. I don't mean it rips it off a little I mean it rips it off almost point for point. For one thing you'll notice that the characters have the same personalities as the ones in Spongebob. Fred is basically Spongebob, but extremely annoying. The banana brothers are clones of Patrick. The watermelon is just Mr. Krabs. Then there's a lemon who is very similar to Squidward. Unlike Spongebob where the characters were great this show's characters are irritating and annoying. The only character on this show who's not annoying is that cherry. He was the only tolerable character on this show, but even then he was annoying. Also the island is a dead ringer of Bikini Bottom and the island itself looks like the one you see in the intro of Spongebob. The plots are also ridiculous and predictable like Fred being a newspaper reporter, or stopping a volcano from exploding. Every joke that this show uses is basically gags that have been done to death, or jokes that are terribly executed. Nothing in this show is clever at all and there is no wit or anything. There is one running gag that annoyed me to no end. It's when at the end of an episode Fred yells, "YAY ME!" If this is supposed to be funny they couldn't be anymore wrong. The artwork is decent, but I've seen better. Nothing looks interesting, the character designs are very similar to Spongebob except they are fruits, and the colors are bland. The animation is awful though. Characters move terribly, lip syncs seem to be off and the editing is dreadful. About the only other redeeming thing about this show has to be that it only lasted 13 episodes. Everything about Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island is awful and nothing works in this show. The jokes are terrible, the premise is ridiculous, the plots are terrible, and it rips off a better show you can be watching. If by any chance you never saw this show consider yourself lucky then, and don't bother seeing it at all. If there is a DVD of this show then stay far away from it. Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island serves no other purpose than to be the biggest rip off of all time and one of the worst cartoons ever.

• Man I gotta be bored to do a review for THIS crap. Lmao..yeah everone knows this show sucks...it was the second fastest canned show on KidsWB next to Da Boom Crew. xD

Like I just said,its crap....what where they smoking? o_O Yeah,yeah second fastest canned cartoon on KidsWB next to Da Boom Crew or whatever its spelled. Its a spongebob ripoff...and sponge himself isnt doing so good nowadays...Nick stop with the five hours of SpongeBob EVERYDAY..now Im complaining bout spongebob...maybe I should doa review on him...yes thats what I'ma do next. Oh yeah Cocconut Fred sucks hard...its too retarted...and the animation is horrible...I havent hit 100 words yet? Damnit...ok Ill keep talking about how horrible it is...did I say the animation is bad? Its VERY bad...hit 100 yet? Arg...damnit..yet? No? Now? Yes finally....yeah this show sucks bad. There I said it...again. xD....
  • I just don't like it.

This is my opinion now. I respect that it you like it, fine.

I just don't, and here's why:

1. Lack or oringality

It felt like a spongebob rip-off. A vast magjority of these characters ripped off the show(Someone tell me how the watermellon guy is not a squidward ripoff and how)

2. bland characters.
    They are either rip-offed characters with better developement, or just plain flat. The only good character was the cherry, and he's not that great to hold my attention just to watch it.

3. poorly written episodes
    I don't want to talk about these. They sucked balls, and leave it at that. I would say that the super hero episode's decent, but that's not saying much.

And that's how I felt about it. This is my opinion of the show OK?!?!?!
  • They should call this SpongeBob SquarePants being ripped off. I can't believe it...

This show is so bad, that the worst possible episode of SpongeBob every made is better! I mean, I love SpongeBob, and I know a rip-off when I see it! I find this sad. If you love SpongeBob so much, just voice on the show or something! I mean, seriously! This show is pathetic. It's a disgrace to SpongeBob fans everywhere! The moment I saw this show, I thought of one character: SpongeBob. Think about it: a coconut and his pet, his slow best friend(s), annoyed neighbor, and annoyed boss. All SpongeBob, Gary, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs. Maybe throw in some other characters and you've got SpongeBob: rip-off island edition.
  • This show is crazy. Almost as crazy as other shows rob paulson voiced in

Here again, gone tommorow.

characters- Fred: a coconut that's crazy

mr green wind- a squidward type character

that cherrie thing- a little cutser

story: a character namd fred lives on an island having great adventures with his friends

jokes: this show fits my taste, it's so gosh dang crazeh!!!!! and I'm not joking, but sometimes, fred can go offtopic, and his imagination would come alive

so bottom line: goes a little off topic at times, and a little to crazy, but it's still a funny show, one of the more, obscure shows that rob paul.
    son (voice of wakko and the mask) starred in.
    Rating: C+ Good night everybody!
  • Why doesn't anybody like this?

Why do you guys find this a rip off of Spongebob? I don't see it. What I see is a show that was worth waking up at 7 in the morning for. Even though it's cancelled, I still support this show, and I love it! I even think of my own episodes that could be created if it wasn't cancelled. Sure, it might be weird for some tastes, but that's just some tastes. Everyone has something that the can like or dislike, right? It probably got cancelled to to lack of viewers, but I'm still supportive of it. I love this show, and I really wish that it could come back.
  • Why do people hate this?

I know that it is a rip off of the nickelodeon show "spongebob", it is one of the funniest shows that I have seen on WB kids! I think that the channel this show was on should put it back on tv! My favorite character on this show would have to be between coconut fred or the cherry guy(I haven't seen the show in a while, so I forgot some of the characters names...) because coconut fred is so funny and the cherry guy is so cute and sometimes funny when he gets into trouble because of coconut freds ideas! So, overall, this show is not something that I would watch all the time, but it's still a good show.
  • When this show debuted in Canada I found it a bit entertaining but...

A little too close to spongebob. Now I don't see why people are denying this. Seth Macfarlane (the guy who made family guy) even said his show is based on the simpsons. The same applies with this show.

Coconut Fred- Spongebob Squarepants
    Mr.Greenrines-Squidward Tentacles
    Slip'n Slide- Patrick Star diaboticly split into two. Wedgie (the lemon): Sandy Cheeks
    Butchy: Flats

The list can go on and on. Also the thing where Freds imagination come to real is a bit cheap for cartoons.
    Either way its still entertaining. The animation makes me laugh though. Too mind though the only character on the show I cant stand is Greenrines. He's more annoying then squidward I'm not sure if the creators put him as a thing to annoy the audience. But I still watch this when theres nothing on.
  • I realy like this show

This show desirved to be reruned because Fred was the only friend I can make when both Hamtaro & Kirby: Right Back at Ya! where canncelled & I love how greenrimed fears him & Slip & Slid make me a warmth laghter & I hope i come back on DVD & desired to be un banned in the us
  • This show is ok, i geuss.

7.3
    Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ook ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok.
  • Why dose everyone hate it?

CNFFSI is a cool show, a talking nut, big water melon, a goup of banana twins, an old prun lady and many other characters! Yep i like it and if anyone hates that show, well i will think of something.... It will be great if it's going on DVD all episode and extra storyboard!!! I give this 5/5
  • YAY ME!

While this show isn't well known it was a show that made you think "This is like Spongebob on drugs." Well it pretty much is. Fred gets some originality points however even though it's an even more pointless rip off of Spongebob. This show is so incredibly pointless you'll laugh even if it doesn't have a decent plot or a good joke. It's one of those so bad it's good shows. It's pointless fun. You'll laugh at how Fred is hyper all the time and at some of his notable quotes such as Yay me! or Kiss the bunny. His friends are what you expect which are two idiot twin bananas and a cherry that's afraid of everything. This show has plenty of funny characters such as my personal favorites Mr. Greenrind and that sailor lemon who just wants to get the heck off the island. Fred has an extremely enjoyable show that explored nothing but, it was always hilarious on Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. While Fred is even more annoying than Spongebob. He has idiot friends much like Spongebob and an angry neighbor like Spongebob. Fred is a good rip off in my opinion.
  • Waste of time...

This show... is a Waste of time. Very Very bad! At least it's not as bad as The Buzz on Maggie and The Replacements.
    Who would want to watch a show about fruits for goodness sake?! A Cannibal? This must be the worst show in CN! Even Pokemon is better than this crap! Cancel it! It's sooo bad! Even Sailor Moon is better han this! And Sailor Moon is crap! The New theme song: Yo! Yo! My Name is Fred and i can rap, cause my show is crap! This show! Characthers are like a rainbow! Call us Baaad! Word!
  • Ummmm...excuse me but, WTF?!

This show is by far one of the stupiest shows I have EVER seen in my life. First of all, it is a rip off of Spongebob Squarepants, which has become stupid in itself over the years. This show is on of those shows that i would not let me kid near. It will distort their brain. Horrible, horrible and horrible! Please do us a favor and stop the madness!

That's all I have to say about this show.

Overall, I saw it is terrible and show be taken off the air as soon as possible before little kids start to talk to fruit!
  • Wow, good job on ripping on Spongebob...

There are so many ways to describe how bad this show truly is. I'll just be listing a few of them though. First of all, if you've ever watched spongebob you will clearly realize that the Coconut Fred show is a complete copy. The shows intentional "humor" is NOT funny one bit, and is plain out nerdy and annoying. If the producers were trying to make jokes like spongebob, they didn't come close at all. I'm afraid that even younger kids won't find the show funny one bit. Settings and characters also are ripped off of spongebob ideas. The show is not good at all... PERIOD. This is a show that will go down in history for being one of the worst animated series on KidsWB.....EVER! It's a shame that the creator had to waste his time making the show. You sure wasted a lot of money pal...
  • Though the people thought it would blow terribly, I gave it a chance, and liked it! Of course, I kinda grew away from it.

Though it may be close to Spongebob, it's created by the same people who made Mucha Lucha! I guess this show would suffice. Scratch that "guess," I know this show can suffice! I watched the first episode, and it actually was funny! Of course, it started to grow less funny, until I actually decided to NOT watch it.
  • This is such a rip-off of Spongebob, I bet even TOM KENNY voiced Nutboob!!!

2.3
    HUH!!!!!!!!And to think I watched all the episodes!!!!!Let's play,"Guess that cruddy animation style"!!!!!!!I mean, come on, of all the things that could go wrong on a show, this one probably invented 50 new ones.This was bound to tick off a lot of Spongebob Squarepants from the first episode.The only thing that keeps me from giving this show the lowest score possible is that, it is only a TINY bit funny.But I mean "tiny".If this is the company's standard of funny, they might as well retire.This is the worst decision they made besides Spider Riders.By trying to be funny, they pretty much failed.
  • This is one of the worst shows EVER!!!

This show is the worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst EVER ON KIDS-WB!!!
  • Spongebob? Is that you?

1.9
    I'm sure whoever thought this up is a HUGE fan of Spongebob. Why else would they make this EXACTLY like Spongebob, but with fruits instead? It's so simple -

Coconut Fred = Spongebob
    The two bananas = Patrick
    Mr. Greenrind = Mr. Krabs
    The lemon = Squidward

I'm sure you can all spot the rest of the Spongebob cast somewhere in there.

Gee, HOW original. I swear, these days, new shows are all about seeing who can rip off who the best. Or at least, that SEEMS to be the logic. In any case, it's not working. People KNOW when a show is stupid and when it's a completely obvious ripoff, creators. You're not fooling anyone. We are not a nation of idiots who will simply swallow the garbage you force-feed us. We want GOOD, ORIGINAL television. And adding something like this to the scrap heap isn't helping.
  • What a sucktastic show!

1.7
    Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island is one of the most unoriginal shows out there. It's like this. Take Spongebob Squarepants, put it on dry land. Change the theme from sea creatures to fruits, and you've got yourself Kids WB's new "hit" show. When I first saw the commercial for this, I was curious, that song was stuck in my head from the time the commercial aired. Then I watched it. And as I was sitting there, I noticed something, Spongebob did this already, but they did it better. I can actually tolerate this show a little bit because of the dumbass banannas. But when this show gets the boot, which I already think it has, I'll shed many tears..... of laughter. Because of the fact that this show didn't get canned after the first episode.
  • A rather poor attempt at humor clearly the WB's standards slipped while I was not looking.

1.1
    One of the most pointless shows to ever hit the airwaves this show was and is on par with GI Joe Sigma Six, Super Milk Chan and other shows that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Clearly this was a show that was not worth the time to watch it nor was it worth the time to have to sit through commercials wondering why shows such as Jackie Chan Adventures were being replaced by a show like this.

One of the first things I noticed about this show was the clearly bad animation as a result I continued to ask myself why, why would anyone want to put something like this on the air when instead better cartoons with better comedic routines and more personality were being taken off.

What really makes one wonder is why would people think kids these days would want to watch something like this.
  • The writers must think that ANYTHING can be made funny.

1.3
    Sadly, not everything can be made funny. For example, why would a watermelon fear its own shadow? (That seemed to be a running gag in one episode.) And it seems rather lame that everything Coconut Fred imagines magically comes true. What a nice way for the writers to do whatever they want with disregard to any sort of comic routine or depth. People say that this is a ripoff of Spongebob. Since I've never seen that I really can't agree or disagree. However, Mister Greenrind seems to be a direct ripoff of Skipper from Gilligant's Island. In conclusion, randomness can be funny at times, but there has to be some logic and humor and that's what this show lacks.
  • Its better then Johnny Test.

6.7
    First Jonny Test is stupid. IT has no real plot. The characters just do stupid stuff and blah blah. Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island is better. The comedy is this show is..good..good but not that good. And its actually "Original" something Johnny Test isnt. This show is about a Island of Fruits that has one resident that has the power to make anything he wants come true. And there are alot of rules to the island that Fred always breaks. And each episode is something new. Johnny Test is..ya..dumb..the same thing every episode.
  • If I said it once, I'll say it again. Comedy cannot make up for the lack of substance in a show.

2.6
    This show should be cancelled for it's own misery. The show is very annoying, it's animation is horrendous and also, like a million people would say, annoying. Sure, it had some funny parts, but comedy cannot cover the holes that where substance should be. There are so many things wrong with this show.

Animation- F. You gotta be kidding. It's animation might be as bad as 12 oz. Mouse

Humor- C-(at best). It had some funny parts but other than that it was really stupid

Originality- none. I've seen it befor in Spongebob, Camp Lazlo and Gilligan's Island

Kids WB has gone down the drain. What was a Castle of gold, has turned into a dank dungeon of tar.
  • A ripoff of SpongeBob Squarepants, but this one's kinda worse.

3.5
    Hmm... what do I have to say about this thing... oh yes- a SpongeBob ripoff.
    Coconut Fred is like SpongeBob, Mr. Greenrind is like Squidward, the Banana brothers are like Patrick split into two entities, while that strawberry or whatever that pet of Fred is, is like Gary, only dumber and meaner.

The difference is that the plots are worse and more confusing and the characters are more stupid, then the setting is on land rather on sea. Just like SpongeBob, there are a few times that realistic images are shown. The creatures here are fruits while in SpongeBob, a whole variety of sea animals. SpongeBob Squarepants is a bit emotional sometimes, but this one is almost emotionless, an example is that Fred is rarely seen not smiling, even when he's sick in one of the episodes.

I find this show funny at a few times, but overall, it's umm... stupid and unoriginal. A ripoff of SpongeBob, only worse.
  • A copy of spongebob squarepants

1.5
    It´s horrible, a show about a coconut and fruits. This will call my attention if don't was a copy of spongebob squarepants. This show is unoriginal and I don't know how this can like to others. Here in Latin America cartoon network aired coconut fred since a few weeks and I don't like. Is similar to spongebob and the name is the clue.

sponge (sea life form) = cocomut (a fruit)
    bob (a common name) = fred (also s common name)

Well I think that it's unoriginal but others can think different and also I agree that this show is in air because if to someone likes it's good but for me this show is horrible.

Escuse me for my bad spelling I only speak spanish
  • Its not spongeBob, it's Kirby: Right Back at Ya! meets Beavis & Butt-Head

Coconut Fred is the gratest show ever made it nowere nere SpongeBob Squrepants if you want to write bad review for a really bad show you might want to try The Buzz on Maggie wich is really bad Crap just like another bad show Arthur

this is mostly funnier than Tripping the Rift (both show should have a 3ed season)
  • This show\\\'s nothing but pure rubbish!

2.8
    This show SUCKS! Everything about this show sucks! I saw two episodes of it, and they both sucked badly! The characters are unintersting and they imitate SpongeBob characters, though not in a good way. The plots are really dumb and pointless, and it\\\'s a sucky rip-off of SpongeBob, which is a MUCH better and funnier show than this! This show\\\'s not even funny and only appeals to 6 yr. old\\\'s and younger. The show\\\'s humor is so stupid it\\\'s not hilarious or funny, and the animation is very ugly! The character models look horrible and poorly done. Coconut Fred is a stupid character and acts exactly like SpongeBob, though not as funny, friendly, or interesting. This show totally sucks!!!
< 1 2 3