Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island

The WB (ended 2006)

SrRui

Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island Fan Reviews (69)

5.5
  • If Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island has any purpose television, then it's to be the biggest rip off of all time.

I've seen many rip offs in my time watching TV, but I have to say that Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island has got to be the biggest rip off of all time. It's seriously the biggest waste of time to ever hit the face of television and that's saying something considering the shows I have seen. If you have by some stroke of luck miss this show then here's the premise. The show centers around an island called Fruit Salad Island where it is inhabited by walking, talking, and breathing fruits. The main character in this show is a coconut named Coconut Fred, a crazy and insane coconut, and tells of his adventures with his friends. So notice what the show is sounding like so far? Well in case you haven't guessed already it's a complete rip off of Spongebob Squarepants. I don't mean it rips it off a little I mean it rips it off almost point for point. For one thing you'll notice that the characters have the same personalities as the ones in Spongebob. Fred is basically Spongebob, but extremely annoying. The banana brothers are clones of Patrick. The watermelon is just Mr. Krabs. Then there's a lemon who is very similar to Squidward. Unlike Spongebob where the characters were great this show's characters are irritating and annoying. The only character on this show who's not annoying is that cherry. He was the only tolerable character on this show, but even then he was annoying. Also the island is a dead ringer of Bikini Bottom and the island itself looks like the one you see in the intro of Spongebob. The plots are also ridiculous and predictable like Fred being a newspaper reporter, or stopping a volcano from exploding. Every joke that this show uses is basically gags that have been done to death, or jokes that are terribly executed. Nothing in this show is clever at all and there is no wit or anything. There is one running gag that annoyed me to no end. It's when at the end of an episode Fred yells, "YAY ME!" If this is supposed to be funny they couldn't be anymore wrong. The artwork is decent, but I've seen better. Nothing looks interesting, the character designs are very similar to Spongebob except they are fruits, and the colors are bland. The animation is awful though. Characters move terribly, lip syncs seem to be off and the editing is dreadful. About the only other redeeming thing about this show has to be that it only lasted 13 episodes. Everything about Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island is awful and nothing works in this show. The jokes are terrible, the premise is ridiculous, the plots are terrible, and it rips off a better show you can be watching. If by any chance you never saw this show consider yourself lucky then, and don't bother seeing it at all. If there is a DVD of this show then stay far away from it. Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island serves no other purpose than to be the biggest rip off of all time and one of the worst cartoons ever.