Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 1 - 8) ^_^

Master_M2K

[1]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 58

Well with more and more people following this hugely anticipated sequel I've decided to make an official discussion for the first 8 episodes, just so people don't accidentally wonder into some spoilers .

"Lelouch orders you to enjoy and discuss this amazing sequel, which is now in widescreen" ^_^

Code Geass ^_^

Edited on 05/26/2008 4:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rogue_Beeyatch

[2]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 23
    lulu is back ((:

this was one very weird episode, especially cause we still have no idea what the hell happened...

but overall it was pretty entertaining, so i'm giving it 9/10

and (even though he's second sexiest character in cg) won't whiny suzaku die already???

LittleNK

[3]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    Lelouch vi Britannia commands you, All of you..die!
    It's very interesting that Urabe called him "Zero-sama".

Rave0800

[4]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 10

Lelouch vs Suzuku

Black Knights vs Britannia Army

C.C. vs V.V.

you have other storylines like who is this Rollo guy,does the Emperor of Britannia have Geass and what power does he have,there is Suzuku trying to kill Lelouch.

This season will be better than the first.

Uruviel

[5]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 4

does anyone else find that lelouch kinda long and lanky this time around?? i feel as if the drawings changed a bit... lelouch made me think of Watanuki from xxxHolic, cuz he's suddenly very long-limbed... :S

anyways - it was a great episode. lots of questions in mind now - but i found that this one very closely paralelled ep 1 of season 1. almost exactly!! i can't wait for this weekend

Master_M2K

[6]Apr 10, 2008
    Uruviel wrote:

does anyone else find that lelouch kinda long and lanky this time around?? i feel as if the drawings changed a bit... lelouch made me think of Watanuki from xxxHolic, cuz he's suddenly very long-limbed... :S

I don't think there's any change in his appearance from season 1, I think it was that final scene that made him look like that, because they really exaggerated his movements. ^_^

Rogue_Beeyatch

[7]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    ^^^ But those hand movements are what's so sexy about lulu...

SuperBandit

[8]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 7

Sequal Series always seem to have these bizzare first episodes that almost trick you into thinking it's an alternate timeline.

This episode seemed pretty typical. It mirrored episode 1 perfectly.

My Questions so Far:

• Who is this supposed brother of Lelouch? Where and what happened to Nunnally?
    • How did so many people seem to lose their memories?
    • How did Lelouch lose his Geass?
    • Why the hell is an Eleven working directly underneath the Emperor? (And what the hell is up with Suzaku?)

And of course, everything that carries over from last season.

Master_M2K

[9]Apr 12, 2008
    It's true that there are far too many unanswered questions and a lot of things that don't make sense, like the whole memories lose thing which seemed to spread like some pandemic disease . Hopefully the events of the last year will begin to be explained in the next few episodes. ^_^

Master_M2K

[10]Apr 13, 2008

Just seen episode 2 and... Wow! Now this episode was epic!

I don't know how many times I went "WTF!" during this episode, like when that new knightmare Rollo was fighting kept on teleporting. How is that even possible? But this episode far surpassed my expectations, seeing how a lot was revealed in the space of 25 mins. But wait to see what else is left to be revealed next episode. ^_^

BTW... Did anyone else catch the possible biblical reference, to the whole falling Tower of Babylon thing?

Edited on 04/13/2008 1:30pm

Nicasso_

[11]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    Epic indeed. They wrapped up the flashback nicely. Lelouch played human chess just like back in early season 1. And my favorite part, the return of Zero. Ah that was so awesome, I was as ecstatic as Diethard.

I think the teleporting might have something to do with Rollo's geass. Because I don't see how else they could've done it.
    Speaking of geass, since the emperor had two. Does that mean he has two different powers as well?

SuperBandit

[12]Apr 13, 2008

Absolutely incredible. Was able to figure out the Emperor's Geass a while back, but it still felt epic when it was confirmed. This episode answered the majority of my questions.

I don't think the Emperor has two different ones. Mao had his Geass show in both eyes, yet he only had one power.

Now, Rollo... Damn. I can't help but think the fact that he was Lelouch's "Brother" and the fact his Geass apears on the opposite eye are related.

I hope this season doesn't go Geass crazy. 2 episodes in, and we've already been introduced to two more Geass users. Plus there's a lot more characters this time around, if the intro is anything to go by. (It looks like the Chinese are going to play a larger role this time, and now we have the Knights of the Round Table, and everyone in between.)

Anyways, some observations about Rollo:

• Geass in his right eye (opposite Lelouch's)
    • Looks similar to Nunally- He could very well be yet another one of Lelouch's siblings. (Seriously, he's got five already. Is it a stretch?)
    • Teleports
    • Has signifigant skill with a Knightmare Frame. (Knight of the Round?)
    • Nobody at school knew that he isn't Lelouch's brother. (I don't think the emperor personally went to Ashford Acadamy to brainwash everyone. Rollo may have a Geass with a similar power.)

Also, the Emperor's Geass completely supressed Lelouch's. That's pretty frigin' powerful.

Edited on 04/13/2008 6:42pm

Rave0800

[13]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Master_M2K wrote:

Just seen episode 2 and... Wow! Now this episode was epic!

I don't know how many times I went "WTF!" during this episode, like when that new knightmare Rollo was fighting kept on teleporting. How is that even possible? But this episode far surpassed my expectations, seeing how a lot was revealed in the space of 25 mins. But wait to see what else is left to be revealed next episode. ^_^

BTW... Did anyone else catch the possible biblical reference, to the whole falling Tower of Babylon thing?

INDEED M2K WTF!!!! i said it before ill say it again this is the best show i have ever seen.EPIC!!

BTW Suzuku needs to die a slow death,am i the only one on this?

Edited on 04/13/2008 10:03pm

Master_M2K

[14]Apr 14, 2008
    SuperBandit wrote:

Now, Rollo... Damn. I can't help but think the fact that he was Lelouch's "Brother" and the fact his Geass apears on the opposite eye are related.

I hope this season doesn't go Geass crazy. 2 episodes in, and we've already been introduced to two more Geass users. Plus there's a lot more characters this time around, if the intro is anything to go by. (It looks like the Chinese are going to play a larger role this time, and now we have the Knights of the Round Table, and everyone in between.)

I'm also wondering how Rollo is really related to Lelouch because of the Geass on the opposite eye and how similar he looks like Nunally. But Rollo also brings forth a number of possibilities of Geass.

It's pretty obvious that the Chinese will play a better part and what were their true intentions before hand? ^_^

Master_M2K

[15]Apr 14, 2008
    Rave0800 wrote:
    INDEED M2K WTF!!!! i said it before ill say it again this is the best show i have ever seen.EPIC!!

BTW Suzuku needs to die a slow death,am i the only one on this?

I also think Suzaku just needs to die .

Before I could understand his actions early in season 1, he just didn't want his people to suffer annihilation and he was attoning for what he did to his Dad. But now his actions complete contradict what he was saying before: "Change the Empire from within." Before when Euphie was alive that was possible but now it's impossible to change and yet he betrays his friend (Lelouch) without hesitation and countlessly betrays his own people (Japanese) by helping Britannia.

BTW... Did anyone else think that Nina looked more weird than before? ^_^

Meauxx

[16]Apr 16, 2008

Okay.. Here are my thoughts on this episode..

The emperor has more than 1 geass. Apparently he has the ability to modify ones memory (or he's able to command people to forget their memories). AND he can talk to the dead (In season 1 we've seen him talking to Clovis: "I just talked to him, He's at a beach") The same way C.C. used to talk with Marianne. So he has at least 2.

Rollo is not a Knight of the Rounds, because Suzaku was the only one of the Knights who was allowed to that temple (Sword of Akasha), because he was the only one who knew of the Geass and Zero's identity. And since Rollo has a Geass too, he can't be a Knight of the Rounds. I believe the Rollo might be Lelouch's brother. Since he looks a lot like Nunally, and his eyes look like Lelouch's. I think the teleportation has something to do with his geass.

Suzaku is one @sshole. Seriously.. Betraying such a good friend? However I think he didn't betray his friend because he wants a place at the Knights, but more because Lelouch killed Euphemia AND because he's Zero (His sworn enemy).

Nina seems to be working for some technology-department (Maybe under Lloyd?) We've seen Lloyd being interested in her physics-skills.. I still think she should die..

And I'm still wondering what happened to Gawain.. I hope he's not lost during C.C.'s fight with Orange-kun.. xD

I also think it's not that bad to have more people possessing a Geass. Why should Lelouch be the only one with some superpower? I think it makes the series more interesting..

Overall, I think it's a good start for the second season. It gives a lot of possibilities of what might happen. It was definately worth waiting for.

Edited on 04/16/2008 7:16am
    Edited 4 total times.

SuperBandit

[17]Apr 16, 2008

I think the Emperor speaking with Clovis was really more of a spiritual thing than a power. Like standing in front of someone's gravestone and "Speaking" to their departed soul.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with more Geass users. Ever since Mao in the first season, and the fact that multiple people could have Geass powers came up, I knew the government probably had some within it. After all, the government were in possession of C.C. in the first place. They clearly knew what she could do, because they covered it up as "Poison Gas." More Geass users is good, but if it gets to the point where we've got weekly villians bearing Geass, it's too much. I'd say, no more than one more Geass user before it gets passed that line. (Unless there was a good explanation. i.e. Surgically reproducing Geass as an experiment with minimal success.)

Meauxx

[18]Apr 16, 2008
    SuperBandit wrote:

I think the Emperor speaking with Clovis was really more of a spiritual thing than a power. Like standing in front of someone's gravestone and "Speaking" to their departed soul.

That could be indeed a possibility. However, I find it too 'coincidental' that C.C. talks to 'the dead' too. Also.. In the first season we were hinted that the Emperor knows about Zero being Lelouch. How would he get that information? It might be Clovis who told him OR he has some extra-sensory perceptive geass.. Anyhow, everything points to the Emperor having more than 1 Geass..

Max42

[19]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    1-Rollo's Geass power is TELEPORTATION-he can teleport anywear he is looking at when his geass activates so that means he's limited to line of sight thats why he had to use an elevator to go up 2-He is probably put there in place in case lelouch got his memories back and he might be one of the emporers other children-he's got a couple of wives-also people might think he is just transfering to ashford-the only one who could suspect something is wrong is milly as she knows who Leolouch realy is 3-Suzaku is aiming for the top slot in the knights of the round which lets him govern and area of his choice
    4-Suzaku and lelouch started as one being honerable and rule abiding and the other as a person who would do anything to win, to someone who is selling out a friend or anything else to get to the top to get his ideas across and a person who is fighting for people and actualy caring about them

the charaters are developoing and chaning in an interesting way i think it will be interesting

Shard2005

[20]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 17
    OMG...It seems like forever since I've been on here. With my busy life, I haven't been able to get on here in months. I'm glad someone else took over for me, I don't think I could handle it anymore. But that doesn't stop me from commenting!

I have to say that after watching episode 1 & 2, (and a little of 3 :p ) that I am caught back up into the world of Code Geass. I find Lelouch a very interesting character as always, and I loved the end part of episode one when he remembered who he was. Episode 2 was just as good, and I could just feel Lelouch's agony at being forcefully having his brain reprogrammed. However, all my sympathy for Suzaku went out the window. Unless the guy has a really, really good ultimate plan, I cannot forgive him for what he did to his best friend, considering all the times that Lulu has saved his butt!

I found the fact that the Black Knights find Lelouch so irreplacable that they will die for him, really touching and that Lelouch will need to step it up a notch this time around. Now Rolo is the strange one in this story. I can't really tell what side he's on, even though I do know he is working for and what his geass can do (and its not EXACTLY teleportation). Hopfully the love that he seems to carry for Lelouch will prevail over his previous loyalties. I do believe that Rolo is Lelouch's brother, but he's probably only a half-brother or something of that nature. I mean, Lelouch does have at least 16 of them! (He was the 17th sucessor to the throne, so there must have been 16 ahead of him, and who knows how many afterward. That Emperor Charles sure does know how to get around...)

I want to see how the Black Knights will get back together again, and how far they will be able to trust Zero this time around. Although, so far, it looks as though they still very firmly believe in him. I can't wait for episode 3 and 4!