Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 1 - 8) ^_^

Jedidiyah

[201]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 4

Who knows where "elsewhere" might be? Given the fact that the exiled are all Japanese, many with nationalist feelings, it is more than likely that Zero will try to retake Japan now with the help of the Chinese. If anything, it would make me even more worried. When Zero was about to take over Japan the first time VV himself got involved.

After that Charles was so interested in capturing CC he spared Zero. Even if "elsewhere" is elsewhere CC is still out there. If Charles' contract is related to Thought Elevators why not assume the same is true with Zero. Who is to know elsewhere is less important and does not involve another Thought Elevator? After all the precautions in case Zero regains his memories, now he is letting him go with a million strong army, Chinese support and CC at large? Doesn't make sense to me even in CG world.

Edited on 06/06/2008 4:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[202]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 27
    That's where we get into more speculative territory. Thought Elevators could be anywhere, but for now it seems the technology is relatively unknown and he must have secured most of them.

Zero isn't going to retake Japan. Nunnally's there, and the Emperor would no doubt be aware that Lelouch wouldn't do anything to cause her trouble.

As for capturing C.C., it doesn't seem to me like he's that concerned. It's more like doing so would be beneficial. Her absence obviously hasn't impeded progress such that they're making a point of it.

Jedidiyah

[203]Jun 7, 2008

There we go again. I guess it depends on how much unreality you are willing to accept. Lelouch's concern for Nunally is tintillating but he is in Chinese hands now with a million of Japanese at his rear end. Either ones do not give a damn about her and have their own ideas concerning him, I am sure. Your reasoning works for the anime, but it is as fairy-tale as the million prize itself.

I might see it your way concerning CC but VV's involvement intrigues me too much. What was so damn threatening to the 'things of the future' in letting Zero win? Charles, you say, doesn't care, it's just another war opportunity for him. But somehow his mentor comes out of the shadows this one time to alter the plot. You can see why CC and the Thought Elevators come to mind. More speculation, I know, the next episode can not come soon enough.

someguy0830

[204]Jun 7, 2008
    Indeed it can't come soon enough, but you're not likely to get any answers.

***SPOILER***
    V.V.'s a bit too much of a mystery at the moment. He somehow managed to teleport Zero and co (implied to be him at least) from that one island to the Thought Elevator and then collapsed the floor beneath them, all from half a world away no less. Whatever that floating temple is (forget the spelling) seems to be allowing him some amazing powers.

As for the unbelievable things, sometimes you just got to sit back and let it ride. Sometimes it just won't make sense.

Max42

[205]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    what happend to having two episodes this week i though that 10 was also going to be shown

someguy0830

[206]Jun 8, 2008

I don't know about before, but for at least a week the schedlue has listed them on separate days.

As for the episode:

Zero would be able to get his Order exiled and end up with even better equipment. Awesome. Plus, Zero always knows how to make an entrance. Gotta love it.

Poor Empress. Has to marry an older man who's also a twit. At least Li Xingke's got her back. Too bad Zero got their first with a pistol. Love the laughter.

Gotta love chess, too, even though Schneizel "won", so to speak.

Now for a little Nina hate. I swear if someone doesn't shank this crazy woman, she's going to end up killing herself and probably an entire city. At the very least, do not bring her near Zero. Honestly, she nearly blows up Tokyo in a misguided attempt to kill Zero and what does Schneizel do? Brings her to Zero. He should be smart enough not to even bring her to the same country.

Finally, yay for Orange-kun.

Edited on 06/08/2008 8:44pm

Rave0800

[207]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 10

Thoughts on Episode 9:

In this week we learn that Li Xingke isn't a bad guy from the flashbacks of him being spared from execution,the chess match between Lelouch and Schneizel didn't mean much other that Lelouch can't beat Schneizel in chess so that probably mean battle as-well,but Zero's betrayal of Li is something i don't understand if he kills the people that control Tianzi and thathelp set up this "marriage" he gains Li & Tianzi trust plus he they can help him overthrow the Chinese federation he kills two birds with one stone but i don't get holding Tianzi hostage if he is posturing Li Xingke will never trust him and will somehow be a future obstacle.

On the Jeremiah note he shouldn't show his face if V.V. did not give him Geass,how many times does Zero have to put him in his place.

Edited on 06/09/2008 1:19am

Jedidiyah

[208]Jun 9, 2008

someguy0830 wrote:
    V.V.'s a bit too much of a mystery at the moment. He somehow managed to teleport Zero and co (implied to be him at least) from that one island to the Thought Elevator and then collapsed the floor beneath them, all from half a world away no less. Whatever that floating temple is (forget the spelling) seems to be allowing him some amazing powers. As for the unbelievable things, sometimes you just got to sit back and let it ride. Sometimes it just won't make sense.

Are you refering to the Island of God episode? I thought they were already on that island (Kami-ne-Jima) and there was a Thought Elevator on it. The floor collapsed when Lelouch tried to use his geass and the Thought Elevator got activated. And in R2 ep.9 VV appears with Jeremiah talking about Zero's "true objective" The scenery is reminiscent of Thought Elevators again. So much for Zero moving to a safer "elsewhere".

someguy0830

[209]Jun 9, 2008
    They were on a different island. The meeting place in 18 was Shikinejima, the island with the Thought Elevator in 19 is Kaminejima. Ergo, they somehow went from island 1 to island 2 without their knowledge. Second, Lelouch wasn't trying to use his Geass, because Suzaku was immune to it. Also, both times (the teleporting and the Geass floor) we see a still of VV smiling.

I'll agree with your second part. Obviously he has a desire to send Jeremiah to stop them, so their must be something worthwhile in doing so beyond the simple political ramifications.

Jedidiyah

[210]Jun 9, 2008
    I remember Schneiser talking to someone and they mention that there is a current from island 1 to island 2 and that if Suzaku is alive he should end up on island 2. I don't remember any teleporting being shown and they come to the hill above the Thought Elevator by foot. You are right about Suzaku but it could react to a mere presence of a geass user, I recall that Lelouch's birdie is shown to flash before they fall.

someguy0830

[211]Jun 9, 2008
    The symbol did flash, but only after the big symbol lit up, and VV appearing suggests responsibility. It could have reacted to his Geass, but then it seems odd that it wouldn't do it again when he came back to get Nunnally. Also, remember that Suzaku and Lelouch were in the Lancelot, yet ended up outside it when they got to island 2. Something else had to have moved them.

Jedidiyah

[212]Jun 9, 2008
    You are right. I didn't notice that shot of smirking VV the first time. Do you have a theory on what he was trying to accomplish?

someguy0830

[213]Jun 9, 2008
    He might have accelerated Lelouch's Geass evolution. It always seemed odd to me that his Geass took off so quickly, yet both Rolo and the Emperor have had their Geass for a while (Rolo's for almost a decade) and have no such problem.

Of course, that seems too small. I suspect there's a much bigger reason behind events we'll get an idea of sooner or later, probably related to getting all the Thought Elevators running.