Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 1 - 8) ^_^

Meauxx

[81]May 1, 2008
    • level: 7
    What the hell.. how big was that round table?

I see 'Lucan' as a possible name for a Knightmare..

"Rucanu" xD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[82]May 1, 2008
    • level: 58

Meauxx wrote:
    What the hell.. how big was that round table? I see 'Lucan' as a possible name for a Knightmare.. "Rucanu" xD

Actually the correct romanized spelling is "Rukan" ^_^

Edited on 05/01/2008 9:27am

Shard2005

[83]May 1, 2008
    • level: 17
    Meauxx wrote:
    What the hell.. how big was that round table?

I see 'Lucan' as a possible name for a Knightmare..

"Rucanu" xD
    Well, actually I was watching a documentary on Camelot last night and they said that according to legend, the round table was supposed to seat at least 100 men...

Thinking about the famous knights, I think that the next knightmare name they will use for Lelouch's frame, will probably be Galahad. However, this will be interesting since Galahad, of all the knights, was seen practically as a saint figure, even if he was the illegitimate son of Lancelot...

Meauxx

[84]May 3, 2008
    Actually, I'm not that sure about Zero's next Knightmare's name. I think that it won't have an Arthurian Knight's name. Because unti now, it was always Brittania who gave those names to the 7th generation Knightmares. (Well Duh, Camelot was located in England, right?). So, unless they're going to steal another Knightmare from Brittania, I think it won't have a Knight-name. Otherwise the Guren would also had to have such a name.

Btw.. I'd like to say that I love the discussions on this forum. We might not have 40 active threads, but our discussion actually concern the show and are about the important aspects of the show. I have already left the Naruto- and Avatarforum because of all the pointless discussions and the million *shrugs* shipping threads.. =)

Shard2005

[85]May 4, 2008
    I know what you mean, I left them too. They were getting too pointless. Also, I think that they might still steel Lelouch a knightmare since right now they don't have enough funds to make their own like in Season 1. Also, if people actually brushed up on their Arthurian history, they would find that Code Geass may be turning out to be a sort of twisted parody to the story of King Arthur. Lelouch is alot like Arthur is certian respects, and if what I guess about his father is correct, he's going to be alot like the famous king. Suzaku is alot like Lancelot, and CC is somewhat like Merlin.

Meauxx

[86]May 4, 2008

I just saw episode 5 (RAW), and I gotta say.. It's a pretty good episode, especially the end.. =D
    We get to see more of Zino and Anya

***SPOILER***

However, They just keep adding more fanservice to the series.. And I hate it.. A good show as Code Geass doesn't need fanservice.. >_>

Edited on 05/04/2008 11:59am
    Edited 2 total times.

Shard2005

[87]May 4, 2008
    I also didn't like all the fanservice. I saw the subs on veoh of this episode and I have to say that it was an interesting divergence from all the fighting. I understand Suzaku's plan now, but it will fail miserably from the sound of it. It is not very well thought out and is only the delusions of a heartbroken man. I however love the fact that Lelouch has let Villeta in on his little game and is now blackmailing her. Howwever the ending is where I have to say things take a turn for the worst. What is Lelouch going to do now?!

Master_M2K

[88]May 4, 2008

Wow! I just saw episode 5 for myself (downloaded Eclipse sub of course) and this alone contained many WTF! moments. ^_^
    - Like they way Rollo kept on asking if he should kill Suzaku? plz someone kill him!
    - When C.C. randomly appeared on campus.
    - The whole random chase.
    - And of course, Suzaku's final act of betrayal.

I was thinking that Suzaku may have a point, when he said the benefits of what a Knight of the One can get but he would do anything to obtain it. Man I can't wait for the next episode. o_O

lillan2967

[89]May 4, 2008
    • level: 4
    I also think that Suzaku's plan will definitely fail. To become the Knight of One, Suzaku will most likely have to become a true "dog" of the Britannian Empire. He might be forced to slaughter innocent people, help conquer more nations or even kill Lelouch to achieve that ranking. But either way while Suzaku intends minimal harm, he still has to walk through a bloodstained path to achieve his goal. And now it truly seems that in both ideal worlds of Lelouch and Suzaku, it ain't big enough for the both of them.

Shard2005

[90]May 4, 2008
    Master_M2K wrote:

Wow! I just saw episode 5 for myself (downloaded Eclipse sub of course) and this alone contained many WTF! moments. ^_^
    - Like they way Rollo kept on asking if he should kill Suzaku? plz someone kill him!

I was thinking that Suzaku may have a point, when he said the benefits of what a Knight of the One can get but he would do anything to obtain it. Man I can't wait for the next episode. o_O

I love Rolo now, he reminds me of a lost puppy that wants to be loved, but will also kill at anytime. He's so kawaii! Suzuku wants to become the knight of one, but he will compromise his soul to get there, and the people will never accept him. He's becoming too Britannian...

lillan2967

[91]May 4, 2008
    • level: 4
    OMG!! That Suzaku is very corrupt guy, shame on him.

heyvid21

[92]May 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    Any ideas on what Nanally's role is going to be? Are she and Suzaku in a relationship? Has she had her memories altered as well?

SuperBandit

[93]May 4, 2008

That's one low blow Suzaku. One hell of a low blow.

Lelouch is going to have to break Nunally's heart if he wants to keep his identity a secret, and of course, it'll break his own heart to do it.

I too am sick of this fanservice. Kallen has done nothing more than provide fanservice throughout R2, and quite frankly, It's starting to piss me off.

heyvid21

[94]May 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    I actually agree. Between CC, Kallen, and the swim teacher its getting pretty stupid. Its like they're just there to look sexy or stand in a provacative way now.

Shard2005

[95]May 4, 2008
    heyvid21 wrote:
    Any ideas on what Nanally's role is going to be? Are she and Suzaku in a relationship? Has she had her memories altered as well?
    I don't know if Nanaly has had any of her memories altered, but they are definately not as altered as Lelouche's was. She at least remembers that Lelouch was her brother. However, that was so low a blow that Lelouch even said so in the next opening. I think its time for Lelouch to kick some Brittanian ( and that includes Honorary Brittanian) butt!

Rave0800

[96]May 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    Master_M2K wrote:

Yes Rollo Plz Kill Suzaku plz

SuperBandit

[97]May 5, 2008

As terrible as he is, I think I actually like the new Suzaku better. He's not totally oblivious to what's right in front of him, and is doing what it takes to get what he wants.

Also, for the first time ever, during this episode, I finally picked up on the irony of Suzaku and Lelouch's alligences. The Eleven is fighting for Britannia, and the Britannian is fighting for Area 11. Until now, this has completely gone over my head.

Also, Nunally is going to be the new Euphie. That's my theory. She'll meet her end in a reminecent manor.

Master_M2K

[98]May 5, 2008
    SuperBandit wrote:

Also, Nunally is going to be the new Euphie. That's my theory. She'll meet her end in a reminecent manor.

If that does happen what will Lelouch do? because Nunally is the major driving force he has to continue on the path he is on. Without Nunally I believe he'll either end his own life or continue living as the empty shell of a man he once was. ^_^

Meauxx

[99]May 5, 2008
    Ok, now that everyone has seen the episode, I can speak freely.. ^^

First of all.. The fanservice.. I hate it. They really should stop ruining the charscters. I'm afraid this fanservice-madness might mean that there's actually no important role for Karen in this season.

2nd: Suzaku. His plan to become Knight of One and choose Area 11. It's not a bad plan, I must say. He could protect the Japanese this way. However, there is 1 big flaw in this plan. This isn't about Japan! He might be able to save Japan with this, but there are many other area's that suffer from Brittania. They must be helped too. Lelouch's plan (Destroying Brittania) includes this, Suzaku's doesn't.

3rd: Nunally Governor? Like.. WTH?? I think there's more to it than meets the eye. How can such a weak person be titled a governor? (In the eyes of the emperor) I think she might have a Geass ability, I don't see any other way how she could become governor. OR this is all part of the plan to defeat the Order of the Black Knights. Lelouch wouldn't possibly fight against his own precious sister. How is he going to explain this to the Black Knights?

4th: Viletta. I think she will co-operate with Lelouch. Not because she cares that much about her title, but I believe she still has some feelings for Ogi. With this there's only 1 obstacle left to control the school: Suzaku. Somehow Diethard's plan of assassinating Suzaku doesn't seem that bad.

5th: Zino & Anya. Obviously they are going to aid suzaku in fighting Zero. I do want them to be more than just Suzaku's helpers. I hope to see more character development.

6th: C.C should stop chasing pizza, it'll bring the entire Order in danger.

7th: What is Rolo's Geass-weakness?

8th: Lloyd dumped Milly? WHAT A PLAYER! LoL.. However, Rival seems to have an eye for Milly.. And 'Yaaay!!' to Lloyd, because he'll be back in the next episode.. =D I think he might have a greater role in this season, because he didn't appear in R2 at all. As if the producers were keeping him hidden from the audience for some reason.

9th: Shirley outran Lelouch! ROFL!

SuperBandit

[100]May 5, 2008

Making Nunally Governor is almost certainly a ploy against Lelouch, who is Known to be Zero. Like I mentioned before, the simple act of handing the phone over to Lelouch was a huge mental test. If Lelouch reacts in any way that shows he knows Nunally, It's given away that his memory has returned. Not only that, but he has to keep a straight face while his sister cries, and claims to be her brother. Lelouch MUST lie to her, which he had promised he'd never do. (That poor girl... Her father finally accepts her back into the family, and makes her a Governer, and now the only family she's known for years will be forced to deny her existance.) Not only that, but as Governer of Area 11, Zero and the Black Knights will be fighting against her.

I don't think Nunally has a Geass, but I do believe her blindness will play a vital role in defeating Zero. (I've had this theory since Season 1. I always thought it was just too ironic that the sister of the boy with a power that works through eye contact, was blind, and could NOT make eye contact.)

I don't think Lelouch would be willing to let anyone but himself deal with Suzaku. He's never been the type of person to hold "Valiant Duels of Honor" or anything like that, but he holds a strong grudge against him. After this Nunally ploy, he's going to move pretty far up on his hitlist.