Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 1 - 8) ^_^

Shard2005

[101]May 5, 2008
    • level: 17

Meauxx wrote:
    2nd: Suzaku. His plan to become Knight of One and choose Area 11. It's not a bad plan, I must say. He could protect the Japanese this way. However, there is 1 big flaw in this plan. This isn't about Japan! He might be able to save Japan with this, but there are many other area's that suffer from Brittania. They must be helped too. Lelouch's plan (Destroying Brittania) includes this, Suzaku's doesn't.

3rd: Nunally Governor? Like.. WTH?? I think there's more to it than meets the eye. How can such a weak person be titled a governor? (In the eyes of the emperor) I think she might have a Geass ability, I don't see any other way how she could become governor. OR this is all part of the plan to defeat the Order of the Black Knights. Lelouch wouldn't possibly fight against his own precious sister. How is he going to explain this to the Black Knights?

4th: Viletta. I think she will co-operate with Lelouch. Not because she cares that much about her title, but I believe she still has some feelings for Ogi. With this there's only 1 obstacle left to control the school: Suzaku. Somehow Diethard's plan of assassinating Suzaku doesn't seem that bad.

8th: Lloyd dumped Milly? WHAT A PLAYER! LoL.. However, Rival seems to have an eye for Milly.. And 'Yaaay!!' to Lloyd, because he'll be back in the next episode.. =D I think he might have a greater role in this season, because he didn't appear in R2 at all. As if the producers were keeping him hidden from the audience for some reason.

9th: Shirley outran Lelouch! ROFL!

In terms of Suzaku, I have to say that his plan really isn't that thought out at all if he thinks that becoming the Knight of One is all there is to it. Suzaku is thinking in a way that is familiar in most Asian countries, and that is a type of isolationism. An "as long as our country is ok, who cares about the rest of the world?" kind of aditude. However, Europeans, renowned as conquerers and explorers are always interested in what's out side there world, and I think that's why Lelouch is going to succeed in his plans, no matter how ruthless Suzaku has become. If he can get any clues from the opening, it looks like this fight is going to be taken outside Japan and Zero is going to find he has followers all over the world who hate Britannia. Suzuku, his plan is a little off, and I don't think it would even help Japan. I have to quote Calawain from THAT animeblog on this:

"Apparently the people of Japan should just sit around for 20 years and hope that Suzaku comes to save them and shower him with love. A bunch of crap emo, as if the Emperor is going to let that all go so smoothly, he's just using Suzaku to keep an eye on Lelouch until his Thought Elevator or whatever is created. So, because he is a man of high morality and wants to work from the inside, he is willing to sell out his friend, kill people, and use a crippled and blind girl as bait in order to atone for the sin of killing his own father. A big round of applause for the #1 hypocrite everyone! At least Lelouch acknowledges that he will become evil to defeat the greater evil."

As in how Nunnaly's appearance is going to affect Lelouch, if episode 7, The Discarded Mask, has anything to say, I think its going to hit him pretty hard. However, I think it is also going to make him look at the bigger picture of the war, and that this fight is not for one person, but for all people, and that even if someone you love gets caught in the crossfire, you must still carry on toward your goals and not get hung up in dispair or revenge (like Suzaku...).

I also think Viletta is going to be helping the OBKs but grudgingly at first, but slowly her love for Ougi will win out. Yes I'm a romantic at heart...

And Lloyd didn't dump Milly, she just pushed back the marriage by staying an extra year for school. However, she was wondering if he was cross with her for doing so. Speaking of Milly, even SHE ran faster than Lelouch! Now that boy has got to start getting some exercise! Its not right that a girl with an ankle length dress can run faster than a boy that's younger and wearing pants! Step it up Lulu! It's because you keep missing those PE classes isn't it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Montegoraon

[102]May 6, 2008
    • level: 4

Suzaku will probably become the Knight of One eventually. He is a main character, so we expect no less. But in order to do that, it's almost certain that previous Knight of One will have to die or retire, and since anime time doesn't allow retirement...

But he'd have to gain A LOT of prestige. He captured and brought in Zero, the only credible threat to Brittania in quite some time, and even still that's only enough to land him the number 7 spot. That means that of the Knights of Round, he is "slightly below average." And again looking at anime convention, we can expect the Knight of One to be absolutely jawdropping. So yes, I agree that Suzaku's plan is passable, far better than his original plan of "nothing," it is probably the best option available to a person with his prowess in combat but limited intellectual capacity. Nonetheless, he is going to have to become quite the monster to do it.

I can't wait until someone points this out to him.

heyvid21

[103]May 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    Montegoraon wrote:

Suzaku will probably become the Knight of One eventually. He is a main character, so we expect no less. But in order to do that, it's almost certain that previous Knight of One will have to die or retire, and since anime time doesn't allow retirement...

But he'd have to gain A LOT of prestige. He captured and brought in Zero, the only credible threat to Brittania in quite some time, and even still that's only enough to land him the number 7 spot. That means that of the Knights of Round, he is "slightly below average." And again looking at anime convention, we can expect the Knight of One to be absolutely jawdropping. So yes, I agree that Suzaku's plan is passable, far better than his original plan of "nothing," it is probably the best option available to a person with his prowess in combat but limited intellectual capacity. Nonetheless, he is going to have to become quite the monster to do it.

I can't wait until someone points this out to him.

Number 7 spot? He's one of the Knights of Three.

Montegoraon

[104]May 6, 2008
    • level: 4

heyvid21 wrote:
    Number 7 spot? He's one of the Knights of Three.

They're numbered 1-12. Suzaku is the Knight of Seven. Zino is the Knight of Three.

Max42

[105]May 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    i think that is the interesting thing is that no one saw them coming-the Famous sage couch robber Bill the kid-no one would expect him to pull the same gag twice plus its not exactlyh the same tricking Gilford in a duel and asking for only a sheild against a spear then grinding down his slash harkens

Master_M2K

[106]May 8, 2008
    • level: 58

I've just seen the cast list for Code Geass R2 on ANN and it has grown quite a lot, meaning that the next couple episodes are going to be epic . There're going to characters such as: Odysseus Wu Britannia, Ms. Lohmeyer, Honggu, Zhou Xianglin, Korczak, Mutsuki Minase and so on. No iead who they are but I felt like noting them down somewhere. ^_^

Shard2005

[107]May 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    Master_M2K wrote:

I've just seen the cast list for Code Geass R2 on ANN and it has grown quite a lot, meaning that the next couple episodes are going to be epic . There're going to characters such as: Odysseus Wu Britannia, Ms. Lohmeyer, Honggu, Zhou Xianglin, Korczak, Mutsuki Minase and so on. No iead who they are but I felt like noting them down somewhere. ^_^

Great, another half-brother...also Hong Gu and Zhou Xianglin sound chinese. Mutsuki Minase is definately another japanese character, Lohmeyer is Britannian or from the EU, and Korczak sounds like Eurasia or russia or something eastern european like that. It seems this show is definately going international. Also, anyone think a long lost relative of Mao is going to come on the scene, since they will be seeing more of the China feds soon?

Master_M2K

[108]May 9, 2008

Shard2005 wrote:
    Great, another half-brother...also Hong Gu and Zhou Xianglin sound chinese. Mutsuki Minase is definately another japanese character, Lohmeyer is Britannian or from the EU, and Korczak sounds like Eurasia or russia or something eastern european like that. It seems this show is definately going international. Also, anyone think a long lost relative of Mao is going to come on the scene, since they will be seeing more of the China feds soon?

Personally I think all the business with Mao is done and dusted and this series will focus on other characters, like Jeremiah, who probably survived season one (I think that's him in the OP vid). Just a few more days. ^_^

Max42

[109]May 9, 2008
    No way is he coming back bullet in the head squish

also the next episode will herald the start of the real action somewhat like last season first 5 were build up then all out war

Rave0800

[110]May 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    Jeremiah should stay M.I.A. because at this point he is no treat to Lelouch he'll just be more of a annoyance than anything else.Corniela isn't as clever as Lelouch but she is a great tactician in battle,Lelouch would be have a real problem if she comes out of hiding or where ever she is.
    Edited on 05/09/2008 3:40pm

Meauxx

[111]May 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    Shard2005 wrote:
    LoL.. I really hope he's done and not coming back. Same as Jeremiah, although, I thought it was him walking on the beach in the OP too.

However, for some reason I can't beliece he returned (in season 1) just to get beaten again. We've seen Brittania experimenting on him and I think he will be back again when this experiment is finished. He will be like the ultimate badass.. Only then is he allowed to come back..

JibertyManiac

[112]May 10, 2008
    SuperBandit wrote:

I too am sick of this fanservice. Kallen has done nothing more than provide fanservice throughout R2, and quite frankly, It's starting to piss me off.

Think about it this way: All FANSERVICE has gone up about 110% this season. I mean we have the extra fanservice with Kallen and the other girls who'se breasts have gotten EXTREMELY larger this season.

Also, we have the complete introduction of Rollo this season. Rollo was created with the sole puprpose of creating fanservice for yaoi/shounen-ai/BL fans this season. This is already adding on to yaoi/shounen-ai overtones that Suzaku and Lelouch already had on the show.

That's a LOT of fansevice being served up on the show already, but it makes sense that they're trying to, at least, even it out as opposed to just focusing on one kind.

Edited on 05/10/2008 9:17am

Max42

[113]May 11, 2008
    lillan2967 wrote:
    I also think that Suzaku's plan will definitely fail. To become the Knight of One, Suzaku will most likely have to become a true "dog" of the Britannian Empire. He might be forced to slaughter innocent people, help conquer more nations or even kill Lelouch to achieve that ranking. But either way while Suzaku intends minimal harm, he still has to walk through a bloodstained path to achieve his goal. And now it truly seems that in both ideal worlds of Lelouch and Suzaku, it ain't big enough for the both of them.

everything but not becoming knight of one he will but then he will be corrupt so it won't matter he will be inflicting his will on others he will be as bad as the emp.-heck he may become emporer some how

also i think i know how lelouch will get past suzakus phone thing either rollo will hit him from a distance just missing lelouch or he will say to nunnaly a phrase she would under stand like he would swallow a thousand needles-the pinky promise he made to her ex

Master_M2K

[114]May 11, 2008

Max42 wrote:
    also i think i know how lelouch will get past suzakus phone thing either rollo will hit him from a distance just missing lelouch or he will say to nunnaly a phrase she would under stand like he would swallow a thousand needles-the pinky promise he made to her ex

Or he could just act like he doesn't know her ... That's worth a thought and is probably the most obvious solution. ^_^

Meauxx

[115]May 11, 2008
    Master_M2K wrote:

Max42 wrote:

Or he could just act like he doesn't know her ... That's worth a thought and is probably the most obvious solution. ^_^

But he promised her in season 1 to never lie to her..

Master_M2K

[116]May 11, 2008
    Meauxx wrote:
    Master_M2K wrote:

But he promised her in season 1 to never lie to her..

Didn't he lie to Nunally all the time about C.C. and where he's been hanging out, on all those late nights and extended weekends? ^_^

Max42

[117]May 11, 2008
    a half truth is not a lie
    spoilers head

also looks like i was right rolo did geass him from behind also the gurren gets a mid battle and mid free fall UP GRADE and it took on everyone at once dam that thing is good also VV with the emporer definatly going to get interesting

Meauxx

[118]May 11, 2008
    Max42 wrote:
    a half truth is not a lie
    spoilers head

also looks like i was right rolo did geass him from behind also the gurren gets a mid battle and mid free fall UP GRADE and it took on everyone at once dam that thing is good also VV with the emporer definatly going to get interesting
    Yup, you were definitely right.. ^^

***SPOILER***

heyvid21

[119]May 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    So VV's contract with the emperor is that the emperor needs to destroy the "gods". They were looking at Jupiter in the sky when they said this. I wonder what these gods are.

insomniac360

[120]May 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    heyvid21 wrote:
    So VV's contract with the emperor is that the emperor needs to destroy the "gods". They were looking at Jupiter in the sky when they said this. I wonder what these gods are.
    Maybe their referring to the planets.