Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 1 - 8) ^_^

Shard2005

[141]May 15, 2008
    • level: 17
    I don't know if VV gave the geass to Rolo...I think he would be more involved and would have a contract with Rolo, if VV gave him the geass. VV's only main concern seems to be with the Emperor and working with the emperor's plan to "destroy the gods". Rolo contracted with somebody, but perhaps it was another contractor...DD,BB,TT...who knows?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rave0800

[142]May 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Shard2005 wrote:
    I don't know if VV gave the geass to Rolo...I think he would be more involved and would have a contract with Rolo, if VV gave him the geass. VV's only main concern seems to be with the Emperor and working with the emperor's plan to "destroy the gods". Rolo contracted with somebody, but perhaps it was another contractor...DD,BB,TT...who knows?
    Yeah how about ZZ or EE

SuperBandit

[143]May 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    Not really relevant to the topic, but should we expect new scenes shown in the intro for the next episode? After episode 7 last season, they changed up the clips set to the intro song. (Ironicly, once they actually changed intros, they used pretty much all of the same clips)

Montegoraon

[144]May 15, 2008
    • level: 4

Rave0800 wrote:
    Shard2005 wrote:
    Yeah how about ZZ or EE

Immediately, I imagine this scene.

Large-bosomed contractor: I am DD

Lelouch: *looks at her breasts* You certainly are.

Lol.

Max42

[145]May 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    At this point we don't know enuff about geass

it seems to me that all the geass are psyic powers of one type or another rolo effects peoples minds stopping time for them, lelouch makes people do things dues to the light entering the optic nerve reprograming the brain, the emporers uses light to do the same but to altermemories, and mow picked up peoples though waves and translated them

given this is possible that geass is a persons latent psy abilities and that it could awaken randomly but that is unlikely also rolo was a young boy its possible he doesn't remember who did it

Shard2005

[146]May 15, 2008
    • level: 17
    Max42 wrote:

it seems to me that all the geass are psyic powers of one type or another rolo effects peoples minds stopping time for them, lelouch makes people do things dues to the light entering the optic nerve reprograming the brain, the emporers uses light to do the same but to altermemories, and mow picked up peoples though waves and translated them

given this is possible that geass is a persons latent psy abilities and that it could awaken randomly but that is unlikely also rolo was a young boy its possible he doesn't remember who did it
    Well, like Mao, he was a young boy when he got his geass as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem as ready for it as Rolo is--well, Rolo isn't that stable either, but whatever...

Actually, the geass abilities I don't think have to do with light or waves. They simple use eye contact to get access to the optic nerve that leads directly to the synapses in the brain, which they retune to fit their desired end. Lelouch through changing a person's will, the Emperor affects the memory center of the brain, wiping out what memories he chooses, Rolo affects the perception part of the brain by blocking all sensation for 5 minutes or so. And Mao simply was able to tune into the thought processes of the brain and translate the interactions.

Meauxx

[147]May 16, 2008
    Shard2005 wrote:
    Max42 wrote:

Well, like Mao, he was a young boy when he got his geass as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem as ready for it as Rolo is--well, Rolo isn't that stable either, but whatever...

Actually, the geass abilities I don't think have to do with light or waves. They simple use eye contact to get access to the optic nerve that leads directly to the synapses in the brain, which they retune to fit their desired end. Lelouch through changing a person's will, the Emperor affects the memory center of the brain, wiping out what memories he chooses, Rolo affects the perception part of the brain by blocking all sensation for 5 minutes or so. And Mao simply was able to tune into the thought processes of the brain and translate the interactions.
    Well.. At least Lelouch's geass uses light. He said it himself. If it wasn't the light, he couldn't use the geass on himself, because a mirror is nothing but a light-reflector. Also.. The contact lens that was given to Lelouch by C.C confirms that. The lens aparently absorps the light particles with a certain wave length that is used by the geass-ability (Quantum Physics). However, when his geass grows stronger, it will stop working..

Max42

[148]May 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    Like i said the power of geass is not yet been firmly established we don't exactly know what it is

also this is a guess but the power might have side effects on the users-look at both mao and rolo they both are unstable if lelouch keeps using it and doesn't over come it he will end up like them I think

Also something thats been bothering me is those ruins and the island they were on something is fishy about it

Meauxx

[149]May 18, 2008
    Max42 wrote:
    Like i said the power of geass is not yet been firmly established we don't exactly know what it is

also this is a guess but the power might have side effects on the users-look at both mao and rolo they both are unstable if lelouch keeps using it and doesn't over come it he will end up like them I think

Also something thats been bothering me is those ruins and the island they were on something is fishy about it
    Yeah, I know.. The thought elevator was activated by the geass. What is th thought elevator? Wat does it have to do with the Geass?

Also.. The moment the thought elevator is activated, we see a close up of someone (He looks like a royal person) with a smile. And that's not Schneizel! I checked what he was wearing.. I wonder who that is..

SuperBandit

[150]May 18, 2008

This episode was incredibly reminescent of Episode 7/8 in Season One. Not an epic episode, but definitely a big character development episode.

Lelouch finally gets to play with his Geass. Good for him. Dance! Dance! Dance!

Let's see. Minor Kallen fanservice. At least it's just a skimpy dress, and not bunny suit. Looka like Vileta dawns a swimsit next week though.

Geez. I fell in love with Rollo last week, but I suddenly feel he's a bit psychopathic all of a sudden. Getting a tad jealous of Nunally. Guess we know who's going to kill the new Euphie.

Also, I would marry Kaguya. She's possibly the most awesome wife a man could ask for. A little young? No big deal.

Now, is Lelouch being serious about the Black Knights joining Nippon? Or is it just a trick? After this episode, I can see it going either way.

Edited on 05/18/2008 3:40pm

Rave0800

[151]May 18, 2008
    Meauxx wrote:
    Max42 wrote:
    Like i said the power of geass is not yet been firmly established we don't exactly know what it is also this is a guess but the power might have side effects on the users-look at both mao and rolo they both are unstable if lelouch keeps using it and doesn't over come it he will end up like them I think Also something thats been bothering me is those ruins and the island they were on something is fishy about it
    Yeah, I know.. The thought elevator was activated by the geass. What is th thought elevator? Wat does it have to do with the Geass? Also.. The moment the thought elevator is activated, we see a close up of someone (He looks like a royal person) with a smile. And that's not Schneizel! I checked what he was wearing.. I wonder who that is..
    That was Schneizer his Kightmare was there in a cave with a Geass symbol on the cave wall ,when the Emperor and VV were talking the Emperor he said "even Schneizer doesn't know about this place" that would lead me to believe that Schneizer knows about geass if not why would the Emperor mention Schneizer, He is one of his 20 something kids besides Schneizer is the 2nd Prince in line for the throne.
    Edited on 05/18/2008 3:53pm

Master_M2K

[152]May 18, 2008
    • level: 58

Episode 7
    ======

This episode had impact in the beginning but became fairly dull, with Lelouch going emo on us but this episode contained the least amount of errors in the plot in season 2 so far. The scene between Lelouch and Kallen was awesome (happy slap) but Rollo wasn't really needed after that. I'm just he snapped out of it quicker than usual and the things he commanded Korczak and the Elevens to do were hilarious .

I just want to know the logic behind Lelouch's decision? because I cannot predict what will happen from that episode preview

Edited on 05/18/2008 4:12pm

Montegoraon

[153]May 18, 2008

Lelouch may be thinking that he won't have to do anything to make the SAZ fall apart. The Britannians will do that all on their own, especially with the Order as members. If he can't fight against Nunaly, then he'll have to discredit her to the point that she is removed from her position. In the first series the Britannians needed the SAZ to work in order to undermine the Order, but now the Order is all but wiped out. We learn in episode 7 that the Guren is the only knightmare frame they have left. Without the full support of the occupying government to keep the Britannians in line, their natural arrogance and disdain for the numbers will cause tensions even in the zone where they are supposed to be equal, until the bane of all plans concocted with such naive idealist - reality - will cause the zone to evaporate like so many soap bubbles

On a side note, we also learn a new minimum for the number of children Charles has had: 90.

Master_M2K

[154]May 18, 2008
    • level: 58
    Montegoraon wrote:

Lelouch may be thinking that he won't have to do anything to make the SAZ fall apart. The Britannians will do that all on their own, especially with the Order as members. If he can't fight against Nunaly, then he'll have to discredit her to the point that she is removed from her position. In the first series the Britannians needed the SAZ to work in order to undermine the Order, but now the Order is all but wiped out. We learn in episode 7 that the Guren is the only knightmare frame they have left. Without the full support of the occupying government to keep the Britannians in line, their natural arrogance and disdain for the numbers will cause tensions even in the zone where they are supposed to be equal, until the bane of all plans concocted with such naive idealist - reality - will cause the zone to evaporate like so many soap bubbles

On a side note, we also learn a new minimum for the number of children Charles has had: 90.

Great analysis and liked the use of your numerous metaphors . As for the SAZ I think it is destined to fail and in a not so crazy fashion as it did last season. It's also a shame how much the Black Kinghts have lost lately but depending on how things turn out, they could make this SAZ work for them.

And as for Nunally being the 87th successor, Charles really must have been busy impregnating his numerous wives. ^_^

Rave0800

[155]May 18, 2008
    Master_M2K wrote:
    Montegoraon wrote:

Great analysis and liked the use of your numerous metaphors . As for the SAZ I think it is destined to fail and in a not so crazy fashion as it did last season. It's also a shame how much the Black Kinghts have lost lately but depending on how things turn out, they could make this SAZ work for them.

And as for Nunally being the 87th successor, Charles really must have been busy impregnating his numerous wives. ^_^

I can't believe Lelouch/Zero is laying down now i know they only have Guren left but what is the point of accepting the invatation other than escasping Suzaku grasp? As Charles isn't he 60 something years old i mean women aren't the only ones with bio clocks.

Montegoraon

[156]May 18, 2008

Rave0800 wrote:
    I can't believe Lelouch/Zero is laying down now i know they only have Guren left but what is the point of accepting the invatation other than escasping Suzaku grasp? As Charles isn't he 60 something years old i mean women aren't the only ones with bio clocks.

Sometimes you have to pause and recover your strength. They should be able to build more knightmares, but it'll take time, and the SAZ gives them plenty of it. All they have to do is stand by while the Britannians shoot themselves in the foot, and when the SAZ collapses again they'll be ready to pick up the pace again.

That is, of course, assuming anyone other than the Order joins the SAZ at all. After the Euphinator incident, it may be DOA.

Also, about the bio clock thing, men actually don't. A male remains mostly viable indefinitely. In season 2, Charles is 63, which would put his age when his various children are born in the range of ~32-48.

Jedidiyah

[157]May 19, 2008
    Montegoraon wrote:

Lelouch may be thinking that he won't have to do anything to make the SAZ fall apart. The Britannians will do that all on their own, especially with the Order as members. If he can't fight against Nunaly, then he'll have to discredit her to the point that she is removed from her position.

I don't think it's that at all. Lelouch stated during the first season that his ultimate purpose was to create a world where Nunally can live happily. He also wanted Suzaku to be her protector (before learning that he was piloting Lancelot). When talking to Euphemia in Gawain he realized that SAZ was getting him this happy world, although not in the way he anticipated. If the geass accident did not happen then he would have joined the SAZ and made it work. He said as much. And he still has residual guilt from losing control back then.

Now with Nunally he has a second chance, even including Suzaku as her protector. So from Lelouch's not Zero's, point of view this turn of events is perfect. Much of his depression comes from the fact that his rebellion suddenly loses its original purpose. I beleive that he will now honestly try to cooperate with SAZ for atonement if nothing else. But of course since that would be a lame outcome something has to happen, perhaps another 'accident'. Or maybe they will play up his words that "this not just for Nunally but for everybody now".

Btw, I was always wondering what caused that first accident. It couldn't be just bad timing with him losing control like Mao since CC was affected as well. On the island of God geass reacted to the proximity of a Thought Elevator. Could VV or Charles make him snap on purpose also using a Thought Elevator?

Montegoraon

[158]May 19, 2008
    Jedidiyah wrote:

Btw, I was always wondering what caused that first accident. It couldn't be just bad timing with him losing control like Mao since CC was affected as well. On the island of God geass reacted to the proximity of a Thought Elevator. Could VV or Charles make him snap on purpose also using a Thought Elevator?

The fact that C.C was affected may be irrelevant. It might happen that way every time, we just don't know because we've only seen it happen once. And it almost certainly was not Charles or V.V because, judging from Charles' maniacal laughter, he was pleasantly surprised that things turned out the way they did.

And I have to disagree with your prediction that Lelouch is actually going along with the SAZ. His mental state now is completely different from what it was before. If he had any intention of really joining the SAZ, he never would have become depressed in the first place.

Jedidiyah

[159]May 19, 2008
    You are probably right about the Thought Elevator. It's just that I don't like convenient coincidences as ways to advance a plot.

As for Lelouch, what he thinks now is not much different from what he said back then: "The world that Nunally wishes for, the future that Nunally chose. Then I... Zero is an obstacle. Nunally is safe and cared for. She has the Britannian army and Suzaku. Even though they are dangerous as enemies they can be trusted. Yes, just like what I hoped for, even without my protection..." And later on that very train where he first appeared as Zero: "I don't need it anymore, Zero or my battle."

Depression is a natural consequence of this. Imagine that you started a war, killed a lot of people, lost a lot of friends. And just like that, there is no point anymore. Soldiers returning from a war often get depressed too, even though presumably peace is what they fought for. Some of the stages of coping with death (death of a mask in this case) are denial, anger, bargaining. Lelouch exhibits all of them. But the last stage is always acceptance. Isn't this what the fireworks scene is for? This being said, my prediction may still be wrong but not because Lelouch is not the same anymore.

Rave0800

[160]May 19, 2008
    Montegoraon wrote:

Rave0800 wrote:

Sometimes you have to pause and recover your strength. They should be able to build more knightmares, but it'll take time, and the SAZ gives them plenty of it. All they have to do is stand by while the Britannians shoot themselves in the foot, and when the SAZ collapses again they'll be ready to pick up the pace again.

That is, of course, assuming anyone other than the Order joins the SAZ at all. After the Euphinator incident, it may be DOA.

Also, about the bio clock thing, men actually don't. A male remains mostly viable indefinitely. In season 2, Charles is 63, which would put his age when his various children are born in the range of ~32-48.

Nunnally is Charles's 87 seccessor how many kids can you have in a 30 year period.
    Edited on 05/19/2008 2:17am