Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 1 - 8) ^_^

Montegoraon

[161]May 19, 2008
    • level: 4

Rave0800 wrote:
    Nunnally is Charles's 87 seccessor how many kids can you have in a 30 year period.

Schneizel is 30, and presumably his older brother Odysseus is at least a year older. The youngest we know of is Nunaly, who is fifteen, so that's a 16 year period total. And really, the only limiting factor to how many children you can have is how many women you have available to you, and Charles supposedly has 108 wives.

(16 y / 9 m) * 108 = 2304

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[162]May 19, 2008
    • level: 58
    Montegoraon wrote:

Schneizel is 30, and presumably his older brother Odysseus is at least a year older. The youngest we know of is Nunaly, who is fifteen, so that's a 16 year period total. And really, the only limiting factor to how many children you can have is how many women you have available to you, and Charles supposedly has 108 wives.

Are you sure that equation is alright, because I'm not sure what the product (2304) is supposed to represent . Is that the number of possible kids? ^_^

Master_M2K

[163]May 19, 2008
    Jedidiyah wrote:

Depression is a natural consequence of this. Imagine that you started a war, killed a lot of people, lost a lot of friends. And just like that, there is no point anymore. Soldiers returning from a war often get depressed too, even though presumably peace is what they fought for. Some of the stages of coping with death (death of a mask in this case) are denial, anger, bargaining. Lelouch exhibits all of them. But the last stage is always acceptance. Isn't this what the fireworks scene is for? This being said, my prediction may still be wrong but not because Lelouch is not the same anymore.

I really like a lot of the interesting oints being raised because these are things that I wouldn't normally think of . I'll need to get a certain someone I know of, to watch this episode, seeing how that person is currently studying psychology. ^_^

Meauxx

[164]May 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    Once again, what a great episode! I know that there wasn't a lot of action in this episode, but the psychological element in this episode is what makes the series complete. I loved the way Lelouch went psychopathic. It makes him look like an ordinary human, and that makes him THE best main character ever.
    Speaking of psychopathic.. I was right about Rolo becoming jealous of Nunally.

Now, concerning Lelouch's decision to participate in the SAZ Nippon. I think that there's 1 thing Lelouch learned this episode. "My fight is no longer only about Nunally". I think he joined the SAZ with more reasons than we think. He probably thinks he can use the situation to strengthen his position AND save Nunally from the claws of Bloodtraitor Suzaku. Anyhow, he certainly won't give up the Rebellion

I am really wondering why they started the episode with a speech of Charles. It is (or seems to be) totally irrelevant to the plot of the episode. We also got to hear Nunally's speech about the SAZ: The Area where Japanese and Britannians are treated EQUALLY.
    Charles speech could be showed to express the differences between the 2 ideologies. However, I still think there's more to it..

I am very curious about the next episode titled "The Million Miracle"

Montegoraon

[165]May 19, 2008
    Master_M2K wrote:
    Montegoraon wrote:

Are you sure that equation is alright, because I'm not sure what the product (2304) is supposed to represent . Is that the number of possible kids? ^_^

It's 16 years (the time difference between Odysseus' likely birth and Nunaly's) divided by 9 months (a standard human pregnancy term) multiplied by 108 wives, for a total of 2304.

Of course, this is only a theoretical maximum. Constant reproduction like that would kill any woman, and probably any man to boot.

Also, Meauxx has it spot on. The key to my analysis is Lelouch's statement about it not just being about Nunaly any more. His depression is telling of his change in mental state since the previous SAZ, because he didn't become depressed then, but the final word is the final word. He is not going to go along with it. Not for real.

Jedidiyah

[166]May 19, 2008

I agree almost. Lelouch did not give up on the idea of creating a safe world. He extended it from being safe just for Nunally to being safe for everybody. At the moment though, he is open to giving SAZ a try and keeping the Rebellion on the back burner. If it were up to Nunally and Suzaku it might have even worked. But knowing what we know about Charles (as foreshadowed by his opening speech) we can be sure that the peace will be broken. But this time around Lelouch will not be plotting to break it as he did with Euphemia. Either the other side does or he will be forced to.

Also I wouldn't call his behavior psychopathic but I don't think you really mean it. Psychopathy is a mental disease and he behaves just like a normal human.

Meauxx

[167]May 20, 2008
    Uhh.. Yeah.. Wrong word choice.. xD
    I didn't mean psychopathic as in mental illness, but more like 'losing it' for a moment..

Montegoraon

[168]May 24, 2008
    A new thought occured to me. Given the title of the next episode, I doubt this will happen, but what if Lelouch and the Order were the only ones to join the SAZ, and they use it to semi-openly rebuild their forces, then use it as a base of operations where they can't legally be touched. Wow, that would be egg on Nunaly's face.

SuperBandit

[169]May 24, 2008

I could see that happening if Zero wasn't so charismatic. If that was his plan, he couldn't publicly announce it, or the whole offer would probably get called off. So, if the Elevens who adore Zero see that the Order is joining, they might follow because they trust him.

Of course, after the first time this happened, Euphie went genocide on the Elevens, so even Zero might not be able to bring them in. It could even end up as a huge blow to his popularity.

It's completely possible, but probably not going to happen.

Max42

[170]May 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    considering its a blind cripple girl in a wheel chair i dont' think they have to worry about her suddenly starting to shoot people.

i definatly think that somethign will happen and lelouch will manage to turn it all to his advantage and manage to save or keep nunnaly in the clear while continuing his rebellion

Meauxx

[171]May 25, 2008

Awh man, I can't post my post.. it keeps saying: Your HTML is not well-formed - no valid tags were found.

-_-'

Master_M2K

[172]May 25, 2008

Episode 8 (V for Vendetta )
    ======

This took me forever to add all the characters, far to many made an appearance

Well this episode turned out to be a great non-action one and at some points I wasn't sure where this was all heading but it had a great resolution. Great to see all the characters again and we finally see what Nina's been up to. Loved the Kagura & Cecile fanservice... much better than the Viletta fanservice a couple episodes ago. I wonder if Viletta x Ougi will become official. ^_^

Also as you may have heard, the next episode is being delayed 1 week so no Code Geass R2 next Sunday

Montegoraon

[173]May 25, 2008

Master_M2K wrote:
    I wonder if Viletta x Ougi will become official. ^_^

I think it is official, it's just on hiatus pending a resolution of Viletta's racism.

Shard2005

[174]May 25, 2008
    • level: 17

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I have just gotten to see both episode 7 and 8 and I have to say that I loved them both. In episode 7, my hunch on that Lelouch would get so depressed that he would try to do drugs was correct, but I'm glad he got out of his depression. I loved the end part, it was really good with that chemical explosion plan.

In episode 8, I have to give Zero his props, that plan was absolutely awesome and I would have never saw it coming. It so reminded me of V for Vendetta with everyone becoming Zero. It looks as if Lelouch is now taking this fight to the world, and I'm glad since Japan was getting a little boring. Suzaku has gained a point with me, but he's still not out of the dog house. I can't wait till 2 weeks from now, when the show has returned. I want to see what Zero's plan is now, and what of the Chinese? What is their plan?

Edited on 05/25/2008 9:07pm

Montegoraon

[175]May 26, 2008

Suzaku may have gained a point in your mind, but I think he also should have lost one for the time when he was given that form to authorize the execution of the eleven that attacked him. He didn't sign it, but he also didn't stop someone else from signing it. That isn't nothing. It went against his morals, and yet he allowed it to happen. He could have ordered the eleven set free, but he didn't. This is what you call idealist philosophy in-action, where "in-action" can be read as one word or two without changing the meaning.

Shard2005 wrote:

In episode 8, I have to give Zero his props, that plan was absolutely awesome and I would have never saw it coming. It so reminded me of V for Vendetta with everyone becoming Zero.

My thoughts were more along the lines of "a million Zero cosplayers." The Lakshata-Zero was funny because she still had her pipe.

It's also rather amusing that Zero basically told them what he was going to do. "Zero's authenticity isn't based on what's inside of his mask, but on his actions." In other words, Zero was not a person as much as a persona signified by the outfit, and so in order to exile Zero they would have to exile anyone with that persona. Apparently, everyone in that room forgot that Zero was smarter than all of them combined.

But the best part was that Zero was so in control. In season one, there was almost always some element that he couldn't control, and that he had no answer to, and it was usually Suzaku in the Lancelot. But here, everything was under his control. Suzaku was like "we'll send you safely into exile" and Zero was like "I don't need your help, foo'." And then he completely plays all of them, receiving a perfect result.

After all, this is the only way he could have moved all those people out of Britannian land safely. Smuggling them out would have been far too dangerous, and comercial transportation out of the county would be unaffordable to most elevens, and that's if international travel isn't completely restricted for numbers, which it might be.

Rave0800

[176]May 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Montegoraon wrote:

Suzaku may have gained a point in your mind, but I think he also should have lost one for the time when he was given that form to authorize the execution of the eleven that attacked him. He didn't sign it, but he also didn't stop someone else from signing it. That isn't nothing. It went against his morals, and yet he allowed it to happen. He could have ordered the eleven set free, but he didn't. This is what you call idealist philosophy in-action, where "in-action" can be read as one word or two without changing the meaning.

i agree if Suzaku wasn't only after revenge and wanted to change people from the inside he could have stop the execution of that eleven Suzaku just needs to die already im sick of looking at him,as for the rest of episode 8 was fantastic there weren't any knightmare battle but exciting nontheless ,a non violent episode that was exciting how may animes can pull that off.

Montegoraon

[177]May 26, 2008
    Yeah, it's great to have Lelouch back on his game. I was so happy, I just went and spent a half-hour editing together a wallpaper of that panning shot with all of the core Knights standing together in their Zero outfits on the ice barge, with Lelouch on the deck above. It's the one when Lelouch is thinking about how he was able to pull it off because he knows Suzaku so well. They all look good in that outfit.

Master_M2K

[178]May 26, 2008

Just a thought but I wonder when Lelouch's geass on Suzaku is going to wear off? Because even Suzaku has had thought of dying but he isn't allowed to , which is a damn shame.

Also what are you thoughts on Nina's racist attitude? We can see from that last episode that she doesn't like anyone non-Britannian, with that blunt statement to Prince Schneizel. ^_^

Meauxx

[179]May 26, 2008
    I saw episode 8 yesterday, and I can't say it enough: The creator of this anime is a genius! Once again, Zero comes with a brilliant plan to trick Brittania! So here's my review on a few things:

***SPOILER***

Meauxx

[180]May 26, 2008
    Forget my Xingke-quote.. It wasn't what he said.. I made a mistake because I saw the Chihiro-version, which is subbed VERY badly..