TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 19 - 25) ^_^

nyfan

[21]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 20
    I think we can't judge characters to prematurally. Things change back and forth a lot around here. For all we know the Black Knights will come back to their senses in the next episode. CG doesn't divide characters into the good side and bad side, Charles is the only exception, he is 100% villian, everyone else is neither hero or villain.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

duskmon12

[22]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 10

This episode made me so mad. I spent all season hating Rolo and waiting for him to die and now that they finally get around to killing him they made it so I felt sorry for him in the end. Jerks.

Max42

[23]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    i was rather suprized at rolo's actions as well and that he redemed himself partialy in the effort. I think what will happen is that jeramias Geass canceler will be used to convice the knights of his sincerity-Jeramia activates it and all of them ask what happend and he calmly says that was a geass canceler any geass effet orders or ther commands are negated by this if you had been controled by a geass you would have remembered ex..

also will people not get it cc is probably a lame duck at this point-i think she will probably never get back her memories

game_man1

[24]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 8

not sure why people are surprised about the black knights betraying lelouch. it makes sense considering that they know he has a geass its hard to know if they've simply been controlled by him all this time.

however i wonder if they would have done the same thing if they knew the limits of the geass (having to make direct eye contact, and only working on a person once).

on another note has it been explained yet what the emperor is planning? some one seemed to know what he was doing so i was wondering if i maybe zoned out during that part.

Dilla_the_Dude

[25]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 19
    ^Not to mention the little fact that if they under the control of the Geass to obey Lelouch that they wouldn't be revolting against him in the first place.

Rave0800

[26]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    WTF was that Suzaku laugh about did he find out Nunnally isnt really dead or did he just snap?Is jeremiah going to be loyal to lelouch a lot more questions

someguy0830

[27]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 27
    He just snapped probably. As for Jeremiah, of course he'll stick with Lelouch. He's not going to be pleased when he learns the Black Knights tried to kill his prince.

SuperBandit

[28]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 7

Notice how it wasn't the smart ones who went to Schniezel's meeting? Sure, Tohdoh, Ohgi, and crew aren't completely retarded, but you can bet the smart ones like Xing-ke would have figured out what Schiezel was doing right away. After all, Xing-ke didn't trust Zero right from the begining. I don't think he'd turn on Zero so easilly after finally placing his trust in him. (Also, he'd have nothing to gain from the Japan for Zero trade.)

So, who does Ledouche still have on his side? The dead Rolo. C.C., albeit the fact she's useless, and still with the Black Knights. Kallen, because she's not a complete idiot. Jeremiah, as much as I hate to admit it, because his loyalty to Marianne is unshakable. Potentially Xing-ke. Princess Kaguya, probably. She doesn't mind being used as a pawn by her future husband, and . Tianzi, because she'll just go along with whatever her Soul Sister and her Boyfriend say. He may have lost the pawns, but he's still got the King, the Queen, and the Knights.

Also, How is the rest of the Super-United-Nations (Or whatever they were called) going to react to the Black Knight's treason?

Anyways, back to Suckzaku. His life is crap. Pure, and utter crap. And when the legal and charasmatic reprecutions of the Tokyo Bombing come back, his life will ultimately decend into living hell. And he can't kill himself. He can't escape the living hell. He's gone insane.

Dilla_the_Dude

[29]Aug 18, 2008
    SuperBandit wrote:
    Kallen, because she's not a complete idiot.
    Kallen isn't exactly the smartest tool in the shed, either. She's more of a follower than anything.
    Edited on 08/18/2008 12:34pm

SuperBandit

[30]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    SuperBandit wrote:
    Kallen isn't exactly the smartest tool in the shed, either. She's more of a follower than anything.

Alright. Fair enough. I don't quite like how I phrased that. She was aware. She knew about Geass. She knew Lelouch on a very personal level. She holds near inextinguishable loyalty to him.

chazasul

[31]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 4

I'm really starting to the think that Nunally is actually dead.

soundmonkey44

[32]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    SuperBandit wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    SuperBandit wrote:

Alright. Fair enough. I don't quite like how I phrased that. She was aware. She knew about Geass. She knew Lelouch on a very personal level. She holds near inextinguishable loyalty to him.

Indeed...If you ask me..she needs to knock some since into the black knighs...Just like she beat the crap out of Suzaku...Cause if they don't get things staightened out soon..Well Kallen & C.C. need to get the Heck out outta there before all hell breaks loose at the U.F.N.

As for the empeoror & his lil plan, I hope HIs Ragnarok or wht ever, back fires & Blowes his egotistical A$$ UP!!!

Master_M2K

[33]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 58
    SuperBandit wrote:

He may have lost the pawns, but he's still got the King, the Queen, and the Knights.

Great analogy .

SuperBandit wrote:

Also, How is the rest of the Super-United-Nations (Or whatever they were called) going to react to the Black Knight's treason?

I used the Eclipse translation (United Federation of Nations) and that is also my major concern. Because it looks like the Black Knights may disband, now that they found out they've been used and that they may get a ruined Japan back. ^_^

someguy0830

[34]Aug 18, 2008
    SuperBandit wrote:
    The thing about Lelouch is that he's very good about pressing the right buttons. He needed to keep her from dying with him, so he said the most hurtful thing possible in light of her question. Intentionally or not, at least he set her straight after getting her out of the way.

Dilla_the_Dude

[35]Aug 18, 2008

someguy0830 wrote:
    SuperBandit wrote:
    The thing about Lelouch is that he's very good about pressing the right buttons. He needed to keep her from dying with him, so he said the most hurtful thing possible in light of her question. Intentionally or not, at least he set her straight after getting her out of the way.
    I believe it was unintentional. I don't think Lelouch would have wanted Kallen to wallow in love-induced( I assume), guilt-ridden saddness after he died.

She wasn't meant to hear.

Edited on 08/18/2008 5:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.

someguy0830

[36]Aug 18, 2008
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I believe it was unintentional. I don't think Lelouch would have wanted Kallen to wallow in love-induced (I assume), guilt-ridden saddness after he died.

She wasn't meant to hear.
    I would have thought that if he hadn't said it aloud. If he didn't want her carrying any guilt, he would have thought the line. I think he only wanted to get her far enough away so that she couldn't interfere, but didn't want her thinking that after everything he didn't care.

Supakilla_2004

[37]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    After watching this episode I think I've realized one of the points the writers are trying to get across and I think it's that perfection is unattainable.

Throughout the series Lelouch will do anything to achieve his goal and in the end he still fails. Nunnally dies.

Suzaku is a knight who tries not to take lives but he also fails even worse than Lelouch. He kills 10 million of his own people.

What do you guys think?

nyfan

[38]Aug 20, 2008

Leloush and Suzaku has always been parryl to each other. They are the same, yet they are opposites. For both characters, I have gone through a emotional rollacoaster between loving and hating them depending on their actions. Lot of times you can't help but root for them, and other times you hate them.

Now that everybody important knows who Zero is, you think Leloush will throw that mask away, and just abandan that alto ego. You think the Brittana goverment will announce to the public that Leloush is Zero, and put a bounty on his head?

Edited on 08/20/2008 4:17pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Montegoraon

[39]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 4

Seeing the end of ep. 19 with Suzaku's laugh, and then looking at the summaries for the next few episodes on wikipedia (which say that he will will no longer be "the gentle person he once was" as if he were ever gentle), I have come to a conclusion.

Suzaku is Darth Vader. Before long he'll be spouting lines like "I am your father" and "I find your lack of win disturbing."

Of course, if Suzaku has changed, then does that mean Lelouch will change as well? That he would become what Suzaku was before? One would certainly hope not, because aside from the fact that Suzaku sucks, it would be completely antithetical to the spirit of the show.

nyfan

[40]Aug 20, 2008
    Wikipedia has more episode detail on the next episode Emperior Dethroned, and from what it says, there is a good chance Leloush and Suzaku will bump into each other. Hopefully Leloush is not denied his showdown with Charles.