Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 19 - 25) ^_^

  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [41]Aug 20, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    "Lelouch," with a c. He's not going to be beating Charles yet. That has to wait until the world starts to end from Ragnarok, and he has zero (ha ha ha, pun) forces with which to do it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [42]Aug 20, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    someguy0830 wrote:
    "Lelouch," with a c. He's not going to be beating Charles yet. That has to wait until the world starts to end from Ragnarok, and he has zero (ha ha ha, pun) forces with which to do it.

    Gottwald=1/2 a force

    Edited on 08/20/2008 7:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [43]Aug 20, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Hell, there ain't no one man who can stand against the tempest of Orange-kun's loyalty (Jeremiah has the best lines ever). He's not enough, though. Kallen still has to ditch the traitorous Black Knights (not just for her sake but for that of C.C.) and Anya has to get her memories back. Gino might switch sides, too, but he's on the fence.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [44]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    If this series were a squirrel, this episode would be like feeding that squirrel a bottle of pep pills.

    ***SPOILER***

    Epic.
    Edited on 08/24/2008 3:34am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [45]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    The BKs don't lie as well as Lelouch. Xing Li & Kaguya figured it out that Zero likely wasn't dead pretty quick. And from the look on Orange's face & his demand to see the body, I doubt he believes it either.

    Now I definately know that the Black Knights are definately more paranoid than rational. Lelouch had tryed to take out Ougi during the rebellion? Please, that was his own girlfriend, Viletta.

    Poor Anya(the real one), having large memory lapses becuase she has another entire spirit living inside her body.

    I hope there isn't another long hiatus between ep. 23 and ep. 24 & 25 like the first season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nyfan

    nyfan

    [46]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,314

    Leloush and Charles stuck in the Swoard Of Akasha forever or until the next episode. LOL

    I wonder is Anya really human or just a bridge between the real world and the after life? They took Nunnally from Leloush, but they gave him back Marianne for now.

    I think the Black Knights are slowly starting to realise that deceitfulness and being used as pawns isn't so bad, as long as they got the job done.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [47]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    Now I definately know that the Black Knights are definately more paranoid than rational. Lelouch had tryed to take out Ougi during the rebellion? Please, that was his own girlfriend, Viletta.
    To be fair, Lelouch was pretty dismissive of Ohgi's injury, though he had every right to be at the time. All the little things are just being magnified by this betrayal, and I'm betting it will go really badly for them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nyfan

    nyfan

    [48]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,314

    someguy0830 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    Now I definately know that the Black Knights are definately more paranoid than rational. Lelouch had tryed to take out Ougi during the rebellion? Please, that was his own girlfriend, Viletta.
    To be fair, Lelouch was pretty dismissive of Ohgi's injury, though he had every right to be at the time. All the little things are just being magnified by this betrayal, and I'm betting it will go really badly for them.

    The one thing the Black Knight have the right to be mad at Leloush is that he abandened during the rebellion. The reason they lost at the end of R1, is because VV kidnapped Nunnally, causing Leloush to abanden his mission.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [49]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    "Lelouch," sorry but the wrong spelling is slightly annoying. They didn't mention that part because they didn't know any better. The parts that they might actually be right about they have no clue about.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [50]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    I'm starting to think that Marianne has been body-hopping for a while, which is why her & C.C. is as close as they are. This Marianne may not legitimately may not have been Lelouch's mother in body. I don't know, it's confusing.

    Like Dante from Fullmetal Alchemist or Orochimaru from Naruto, just less brutal becuase the host retains control of her body for the most part with massive memory loss.

    Edited on 08/24/2008 2:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jiggyman999

    jiggyman999

    [51]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 58

    I found this episode very confusing. But I guess it's to set up for upcoming episodes.

    I truly hope Marianne (or her spirit) arent as cold and uncaring as it seems. Why didn't Marianne/Anya not want to help Lelouche when CC suggested it?? Furthermore, CC is Marianne's pawn?

    Also are CC and Marianne in cahoots to accomplish something? Making Lelouche a pawn in their plans..

    Ok I need to rewatch this, there's way too much confusion.

    PS. someguy0830 fantastic job at anticipating Anya getting her memory back and Gino questioning the side he's on..

    Edited on 08/24/2008 3:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nyfan

    nyfan

    [52]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,314
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

    I'm starting to think that Marianne has been body-hopping for a while, which is why her & C.C. is as close as they are. This Marianne may not legitimately may not have been Lelouch's mother in body. I don't know, it's confusing.

    Like Dante from Fullmetal Alchemist or Orochimaru from Naruto, just less brutal becuase the host retains control of her body for the most part with massive memory loss.

    I think Marianne and Anya are related. I think there is a reason Marianne chooses Anya to be her host body, there is some connection, maybe that is her daughter. Anya could be Lelouch's half sister, unlike his other half siblings, this half sibling is from the parent he cares about.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nyfan

    nyfan

    [53]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,314
    jiggyman999 wrote:

    I found this episode very confusing. But I guess it's to set up for upcoming episodes.

    I truly hope Marianne (or her spirit) arent as cold and uncaring as it seems. Why didn't Marianne/Anya not want to help Lelouche when CC suggested it?? Furthermore, CC is Marianne's pawn?

    Also are CC and Marianne in cahoots to accomplish something? Making Lelouche a pawn in their plans..

    Marianne did sacrifise her life to protect her children, so she is not heartless. Why is she so cold, well we will find out. Remember Lelouch acts very cold many times as well, maybe that is where he gets it from. Maybe seeing all of the trouble Geas s has caused, she is ruldent to use it, or maybe she believes this is Lelouch's fight, and no one should interfere. I am not ready to judge her just yet. Remember this show has many twists, let's see what happens. She is Lelouch's mother, and Lelouch isn't that nice of a person on the outside.

    Edited on 08/24/2008 3:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [54]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    jiggyman999 wrote:
    PS. someguy0830 fantastic job at anticipating Anya getting her memory back and Gino questioning the side he's on..
    Barely half-right in that respect. Gino's just stuck on which side of the coin to pick, and Anya, if anything, is even further gone since she's being controlled.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [55]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    Anya hasn't gained her memory back, hell, her entire body is under the control of Marianne. Marianne is NOT Anya, she's just a lease owner of Anya's body so to speak.

    I think at the end of this series, Marianne will ask Orange to Un-geass Anya, thus ending Marianne's life. I assume her mission would be complete.

    Edited on 08/24/2008 4:11pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Runty_Grunty

    Runty_Grunty

    [56]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 05/18/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 544
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

    Anya hasn't gained her memory back, hell, her entire body is under the control of Marianne. Marianne is NOT Anya, she's just a lease owner of Anya's body so to speak.

    I think at the end of this series, Marianne will ask Orange to Un-geass Anya, thus ending Marianne's life. I assume her mission would be complete.

    That actually sounds really plausible. It reminds me of a lot of a part in Chrono Trigger, where one of the Gurus uses a Nu as a host for his mind until its purpose has been served.
    Edited on 08/24/2008 6:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of soundmonkey44

    soundmonkey44

    [57]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/23/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 385
    Episode 20 was epic...I Hope Lelouch Finds a way out of Ragnarok though...I mean I knoe he said he would drag the emperor to hell with him...But i don't think i could spend eternity with someone i hated...Unless i had a gameboy with me.....But i digrese.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nyfan

    nyfan

    [58]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,314
    What would be a trip is if Lelouch meets up with Marianne in Anya's body, and calls her mother and hugs her. It would be a trip to see Lelouch refer to someone that looks like Anya as mother.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SuperBandit

    SuperBandit

    [59]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 04/07/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 216
    If this episode is any indication, R2 might get back on track by the end of the series, and make up for what the writers have been doing for 70% of this Season. Still, Nunally's death was all of ignored this episode. And what's this? Two episodes after she "Died?" Any major death in R2 is important for all of two episodes (The one it occurs in, and the next one), before it fades into obscurity. Still, this episode was very good, otherwise. Anya's blackouts turned out to be the work of Marianne, not Charles. We actually see where Ledouche gets his brains from, and simultaniously see him work some tactics.

    I'll admit, claiming Zero to be dead was a very cliche form of clever, but clever none the less. The Black Knights saved their asses on that one, but as I predicted, Kaguya, Jeremiah and Xing-ke are all unshakably loyal to Zero, and Zero alone. They realize the truth, and certainly understand the importance of pawns. Suckzaku finally accepted Ledouche's way of thinking (The end justifies the means). He might not have actually joined him yet, but that's at least temporarily declares Zero the winner of Suzaku of Lelouch's moral war. Still, *Coughhypocritecough*. Schniezel irritates me. I have no clue how his mind works. He's never really shown any loyalty to Charles to begin with, but... Schniezel of the Rebellion? (And LOL, Suckzaku thinking he can assassinate the Emperor.) Bismark is awesome, and he seems to have a Geass sealed in that dead eye. So, yeah, lots is still messed, but it's ever so slightly swerving back towards the tracks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nyfan

    nyfan

    [60]Aug 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,314
    Claiming that Zero is dead, is no big deal to Lelouch, it was clear that Lelouch is done hiding behind Zero anyway, and do things for himself. They did Lelouch a favor. It is half truth, because as far as Lelouch is concerned Zero is dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.