Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 19 - 25) ^_^

  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [121]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Such goodbyes are rarely permanent. They'll meet again, at which point our currently hated Lulu should cough up some decent answers instead of distancing her.
    As long as he stays with his current plan, it's not going to happen until Kallen forces it. She hasn't been able to see through his current persona for the truth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [122]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    As long as he stays with his current plan, it's not going to happen until Kallen forces it. She hasn't been able to see through his current persona for the truth.
    With the world going to hell in a handbasket, that might not be too far off. Plus, I would argue that she did see through what he was doing, and just said goodbye because she couldn't get him to break that facade. Lelouch is a stubborn fool. I still believe she'll go back, though, especially with Nunnally being made an enemy.

    Now, so I can lift my spirits a little bit from this horribly depressing episode, here's the extended preview for Turn 23. You're going to love this.

    ***SPOILER***
    Edited on 09/07/2008 4:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duskmon12

    duskmon12

    [123]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 643

    I don't really know why but I was really dissapointed witht this episode. Last week when I saw that they were going to finally reveal the new Lancelot Albion I got really excited. But the battle really wasn't anything spectacular unlike the Guren Seiten's first battle.

    One thing I did like was finding out that Sayoko, my favorite character after Kallen, is still alive. Still, after seeing her in the preview all injured in bed, I have to ask. Is that tiara thing glued to her head?

    Edited on 09/07/2008 7:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SuperBandit

    SuperBandit

    [124]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 04/07/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 216
    Oh dear. Oh dear. Dear, dear, dear. Emperor Ledouche vi Trainwreck just won't stop. And you know, my gut just exploded.

    We will get an R3, which is horribly unfortunate. I'm not saying R3 will be a third season. Far more likely, a movie. Again, no sources or proof, just absolute gut. R2 is the definition of Epic Lulz. No joke. And the "Epic Plot Twists" at the end of each episode should be a good signal. If every freakin' episode of R2 ends on a plot twist, why shouldn't the entire season end on the Omega of all plot twists?

    Code Geass needs to be rebooted from the start of R2. An alternate timeline. More of what made R1 so great, and less of this Lulzy crap we've been getting. Call it, 2M "Second Match" and do it the way it should have been done in the first place.

    Also, Nunally being alive shouldn't have surprised anyone. It was painfully obvious she'd still be alive when she "Died."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duskmon12

    duskmon12

    [125]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 643

    SuperBandit wrote:
    Also, Nunally being alive shouldn't have surprised anyone. It was painfully obvious she'd still be alive when she "Died."

    Why shouldn't we have been suprised. It's not like they do this a lot, where it seems a character has died or was going to die but really didn't.

    You know, except for Marianne, Charles, C.C., V.V., Cornelia, Sayoko, Jeremiah, Viletta, Ohgi, Mao.............where was I going with this?

    Edited on 09/07/2008 7:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kur4lvl4

    kur4lvl4

    [126]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 01/17/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 396
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

    After watching the subs, I believe Lelouch's plan was to turn the against Britannia, hence all the geassing of the nobles and soldiers. This why Suzaku doesn't really care. Lelouch & Suzaku believed that the entire world would defeat Britannia and kill them in the process, something they both want. And it was working, until Nunnally being alive kicked that in the nuts, though.

    wooow wat a nice theory. he always said when he was young that he will oblitarate britania. suzaku also believes necesary evil so not surprised y he is on his side. this really sucks thou i am so freaking mad. lelough why why why looks to me he passed the line of no return and he is no different from light anymore. also for all the ppl sayin how could nunally betray her beloved brother when she is told all the horrible stuff lelough did (schneizel addin lies and all that) of course she will be against him. or

    nunnally was behind all of this. she controlls schneizel, made every plan acted like she was nice but really wasn't with all of these plot twists it is possible.

    by the way did ya seen wat she is about to do next episode on the preview. she is the one who activates the FLEA
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ffomega25

    ffomega25

    [127]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/14/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 50

    NUNALLY!!!!!!! OoO

    I dont know what I should be surprised over more: Kallen kissing Lelouch, Nunally being alive, or the fact that she has declared herself Lelouch's enemy? Someone please cure my headache, I am begging you. What's Lelouch gonna do now, wasn't this all for Nunally? Or, did he really want absolute power over all his other objectives?

    Edited on 09/08/2008 1:38am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duskmon12

    duskmon12

    [128]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 643
    ffomega25 wrote:

    NUNALLY!!!!!!! OoO

    I dont know what I should be surprised over more: Kallen kissing Lelouch, Nunally being alive, or the fact that she has declared herself Lelouch's enemy? Someone please cure my headache, I am begging you. What's Lelouch gonna do now, wasn't this all for Nunally? Or, did he really want absolute power over all his other objectives?

    What's Lelouch going to do? Simple. He's going to act all depressed and emo for half the episode until Suzaku or someone else knocks some since into him and then he'll continue his goals with a newfound resolve. Do you really have to ask at this point?! They've followed this same pattern like five times during the series. When Shirley's Dad died, when Shirley lost her memories, when Lelouch found out Suzaku was the pilot of the Lancelot, when he met Nunnaly again for the first time in the second season, and when Nunnaly 'died'.

    Odds are after someone knocks him out of his depression, he'll start a war with Schniezel and try to take Nunnaly back.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of microwave234

    microwave234

    [129]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 08/25/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,201
    duskmon12 wrote:
    ffomega25 wrote:

    NUNALLY!!!!!!! OoO

    I dont know what I should be surprised over more: Kallen kissing Lelouch, Nunally being alive, or the fact that she has declared herself Lelouch's enemy? Someone please cure my headache, I am begging you. What's Lelouch gonna do now, wasn't this all for Nunally? Or, did he really want absolute power over all his other objectives?

    What's Lelouch going to do? Simple. He's going to act all depressed and emo for half the episode until Suzaku or someone else knocks some since into him and then he'll continue his goals with a newfound resolve. Do you really have to ask at this point?! They've followed this same pattern like five times during the series. When Shirley's Dad died, when Shirley lost her memories, when Lelouch found out Suzaku was the pilot of the Lancelot, when he met Nunnaly again for the first time in the second season, and when Nunnaly 'died'.

    Odds are after someone knocks him out of his depression, he'll start a war with Schniezel and try to take Nunnaly back.

    Maybe there will be more Kallen x Lulu moments.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duskmon12

    duskmon12

    [130]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 643
    microwave234 wrote:
    duskmon12 wrote:
    ffomega25 wrote:

    NUNALLY!!!!!!! OoO

    I dont know what I should be surprised over more: Kallen kissing Lelouch, Nunally being alive, or the fact that she has declared herself Lelouch's enemy? Someone please cure my headache, I am begging you. What's Lelouch gonna do now, wasn't this all for Nunally? Or, did he really want absolute power over all his other objectives?

    What's Lelouch going to do? Simple. He's going to act all depressed and emo for half the episode until Suzaku or someone else knocks some since into him and then he'll continue his goals with a newfound resolve. Do you really have to ask at this point?! They've followed this same pattern like five times during the series. When Shirley's Dad died, when Shirley lost her memories, when Lelouch found out Suzaku was the pilot of the Lancelot, when he met Nunnaly again for the first time in the second season, and when Nunnaly 'died'.

    Odds are after someone knocks him out of his depression, he'll start a war with Schniezel and try to take Nunnaly back.

    Maybe there will be more Kallen x Lulu moments.

    We can only hope.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [131]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Unless they just don't care about the rest of the season, there more than likely will be. This is hardly a satisfactory end to their relationship.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xphantomgrlx

    xphantomgrlx

    [132]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 01/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 164
    is it just me...or as lulu gone a bit overboard? i thought he was aiming for justice...somehow conquering the world against people's will is not what i call justice or democracy! and if nunally and everyone else can come back alive...WHY NOT SHIRLEY!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duskmon12

    duskmon12

    [133]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 643
    Um....Nunally never died. Shirley did die. So unless they introduce zombies or ghost to the series, I'd say she's gone for good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ultimadavalon

    ultimadavalon

    [134]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 08/01/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 619
    xphantomgrlx wrote:
    is it just me...or as lulu gone a bit overboard? i thought he was aiming for justice...somehow conquering the world against people's will is not what i call justice or democracy! and if nunally and everyone else can come back alive...WHY NOT SHIRLEY!!!!!!!

    He said hemself that democracy is just something to get ppl's attention .
    w00t , Nunnely's alive ,darn ,why couldn't she remain dead ? i agree Shirley should have been the one to live ,i wouldn't even have minded it if Charles was the one to live ,at least then we would have a nice battle between father and son (he hated him ,thus he wouldn't mind killing him again), but against Nunnly ,all that we will get is sobbing brother and a confused friend (i hated the episodes when Nunnely became the governor ).
    the only thing i am interested about in Nunnely right now is:
    A/How did she survive ? (i guess we have to wait or sayako in the next ep)
    B\What did Schniezel tell her (or do to her) to make her change her mind about Lulu ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [135]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    ultimadavalon wrote:
    the only thing i am interested about in Nunnely right now is:
    A/How did she survive ? (i guess we have to wait or sayako in the next ep)
    B\What did Schniezel tell her (or do to her) to make her change her mind about Lulu ?
    A. There's a thing online somewhere about this. Nunnally and Romeyer were on separate ships. Nunnally and Sayoko escaped first, Romeyer second. That's why they lived.
    B. Spoilers seem to suggest she's doing this for reasons similar to Lulu himself. She's taking the burden so no one else will.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ffomega25

    ffomega25

    [136]Sep 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/14/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 50
    Then, if that's the case, our seeing Nunally again might nit be as bad as I thought. However, her selflessness (or, would that be selfishness) is commendable. I'm just hoping for Nunally's eyes to be opened...literally. If ehr eyes open, then maybe she could see Schneizel's intent in getting to Lelouch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lillan2967

    lillan2967

    [137]Sep 9, 2008
    • member since: 02/28/04
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 34
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Such goodbyes are rarely permanent. They'll meet again, at which point our currently hated Lulu should cough up some decent answers instead of distancing her.


    No, I say that there's an extremely high chance that it is indeed goodbye. That kiss was a "kiss of death" for Kallen, and sadly, she probably won't make it to ep. 25.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [138]Sep 9, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    lillan2967 wrote:
    No, I say that there's an extremely high chance that it is indeed goodbye. That kiss was a "kiss of death" for Kallen, and sadly, she probably won't make it to ep. 25.

    ***SPOILER***
    If she is to die, it won't be until the very end. Everything they've built up this season wouldn't be adequately resolved with a kiss and Lelouch not saying a word.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duskmon12

    duskmon12

    [139]Sep 9, 2008
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 643

    someguy0830 wrote:
    lillan2967 wrote:
    No, I say that there's an extremely high chance that it is indeed goodbye. That kiss was a "kiss of death" for Kallen, and sadly, she probably won't make it to ep. 25.

    ***SPOILER***
    If she is to die, it won't be until the very end. Everything they've built up this season wouldn't be adequately resolved with a kiss and Lelouch not saying a word.

    Where'd you get that information from?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [140]Sep 9, 2008
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Newtype and several other Japanese magazines.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.