Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

Master_M2K

[1]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 58

Well the previous discussion board for the first 8 episodes are getting full, so here's the 2nd discussion board for the next batch of episodes. So if you want to talk about Code Geass R2, do it here until the next re-cap break occurs .

Code Geass R2

Episode 9
    ======

I thought this was a pretty weird episode, with Nina's crazy outburst, the chess game that didn't make sense and Lelouch becoming a kidnapper. At this rate I feel like the plot may go downhill depending on how the next episode does things.

Edited on 08/14/2008 3:49am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jedidiyah

[2]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 4

Wow! And I thought the million prize was too bombastic. Zero is larger than life now. I wonder if he starts walking on water and healing the sick with his touch. Judging from the map it's a long way from Beijing to Penglai island but they did not notice Zero on the move until he shows up in the middle of Forbidden City. Not to mention that he is about to become Chinese emperor and start a war with Britannia. I guess at some point the authors decide that they showed us enough of character's prowess and we are expected to believe they can do whatever without specifics. The problem is that it is the mechanics of 'miracles' that is enjoyable to watch. And sloppiness tends to spread fast.

The palace scene did not make much sense. Schneiser wants to see Zero's face. Didn't they figure it out already? It's not like Lelouch can be at Ashford academy and on Penglai island simultaneously. That sea travel must have taken a while. Even Rollo and Violetta couldn't cover it up this long. No matter. Zero wants Suzaku. Hm... It's not like he is a dinner table to be handed over. And he wants to put everybody under geass. I don't see why Suzaku is such a big problem then, did he forget about tranquilizer guns? Anyway, Schneizer wins but forgets about wanting to see Zero's face. Instead, they play some murky checkmate-that-wasn't-a-checkmate ?! Because I thought that the game ends when you have a checkmate. Well, it was nice to see somebody wipe that smug smile off Lelouch's face for once. Btw, Zero's memory is no better since he does not put anybody under geass after all. Then or the next day. Was it to kidnap Tianzi? But I thought he wants to marry her and become the emperor so kidnapping kind of defeats the purpose.

At least I was glad to see VV. Maybe we will finally get to know the 'things of the future' better. And what's with Zero's "true objective"? Did they mean CC's? Cause Lelouch is still obsessed with taking down his father and Britannia. But even this bright moment was spoiled by this resurrected looser Jeremiah. Can't they find somebody new for props.

Edited on 06/09/2008 5:15pm

someguy0830

[3]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 27
    He can't exactly marry Tianzi when she's engaged to the Britannian First Prince, hence the kidnapping, though it didn't seem to me that marriage was the goal in the first place. He had to change his plans, and we'll probably get the reason next time.

Lelouch's absence could be rather easy to miss. As Villetta says herself, they abandoned the search for CC. There'd be no reason to continue monitoring the school.

As for the chess game, Schneizel didn't win, he lost on purpose, which Lelouch wouldn't let him do.

Finally, why the Jeremiah hate? He always has such funny reactions.

Rave0800

[4]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    someguy0830 wrote:
    He can't exactly marry Tianzi when she's engaged to the Britannian First Prince, hence the kidnapping, though it didn't seem to me that marriage was the goal in the first place. He had to change his plans, and we'll probably get the reason next time. Lelouch's absence could be rather easy to miss. As Villetta says herself, they abandoned the search for CC. There'd be no reason to continue monitoring the school. As for the chess game, Schneizel didn't win, he lost on purpose, which Lelouch wouldn't let him do. Finally, why the Jeremiah hate? He always has such funny reactions.
    i don't think people hate Jeremiah he more annoying than hate-able i don't get why he won't die i not like he can stop Zero, V.V better have gave him geass otherwise i pointless for the author to keep him alive,Lelouch should have taken the "give-up" that Schneizel gave him insted his pride got in the way but i don't understand what treat is Suzaku to him anyway is he going to kill Suzaku i don't get the feeling he will if he gets the chance.What is Nunnaly doing she still has memories of her brother,Strange episode i hope it doesn't go downhill from now everything seems all over the place.
    Edited on 06/09/2008 6:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Jedidiyah

[5]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 4

I agree. Jeremiah is just boring. All he does when he appears is yell some cliched phrases then gets hammered. What is the point of resurrecting such a character over and over again. They could make for Lelouch an interesting opponent with geass instead.

Isn't Rollo still at the academy? So is he reporting that Lelouch is there despite the fact that the entire school knows he is not. And Suzaku has doubts about Zero's identity, wouldn't this be the time to check on the old friend. Since VV is concerned he has to know new Zero is Lelouch, so Charles knows. Why wouldn't he tell his subordinates is beyond me. Especially, tell his prime-minister who is going to the country harboring Zero.

And why did Schneizer lose on purpose? He thinks silly mind games will tell him more about the guy than his face?

someguy0830

[6]Jun 9, 2008
    That's what I find funny about Jeremiah, he always reacts so predictably to provocation (his sane self did at least). Differing tastes I suppose.

Rolo is still at the academy it would seem, as is Villetta. It stands to reason that they're reporting everything as good. Either that or Lelouch arranged himself to be absent somehow and they rolled with it.

Schneizel lost on purpose because he knew he couldn't win either. They were tied, and so he purposefully lost to get an idea of his opponent's personality. Lelouch was screwed either way.

Runty_Grunty

[7]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    I have to say, the chess/personality check idea is pretty damn smart. Shows why Lelouch gets a bit antsy around Schneizel; he knows he's just as smart as he is (if not smarter).

My favorite scene for the episode, however, would have to be Kallen falling on top of Lelouch. That moment was so cute, and was only made funnier by "Pizza Girl".

Shard2005

[8]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 17
    Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble just finding somewhere to watch the episode. Everyone seems to be taking them off their sites, is there anyone who can help me?

Rave0800

[9]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 10
    try Veoh.com if you can't find it there http://www.codegeassfan.com/ direct downloads or torrent

SuperBandit

[10]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 7

As far as I can remember, in Chess, it's just plainly against the rules for a player to move themself into checkmate. And the game isn't won by taking the king, it's won through Checkmate. And for god's sake Lelouch, get a new line. "If the king doesn't move, who will his subordinates follow?" is getting old. That's what, the third time you've used it? The King can't move first anyways.

I'm going to be really agrivated if they don't adress Ashford Academy next episode. Lelouch is half way around the world. How's he covering his ass?

Otherwise, Xing-he finally takes action, and he's upstaged by Zero. Too bad. I can't wait to see where that's going, and what type of relationship Xing-he and Zero will have. By kidnapping Tianzi, Zero is rescuing her from rescuing Odysseus, so this could easily be some ploy to earn the trust of the rebels within the federation. And somehow, I don't think Tianzi would object to sharing a husband with her friend Kaguya.

And, Jerimiah is back. I really hope he does something useful this time. Last time, he showed up right at the end after five episodes of, "We're doing scientific experiments on Orange-kun. I hope he doesn't break out to get revenge on Zero," and did nothing useful. Nothing with any sort of impact anyways.

someguy0830

[11]Jun 10, 2008
    Yes, you're not legally allowed to kill yourself in chess. But hey, it's a friendly game, they don't need to follow every rule.

Tianzi might object if it's a gunpoint, but it seems far more likely to me that in doing this, Zero might just grant her wish of leaving the palace. Might even manage to win Li back if he plays his cards right and grant both their wishes.

andyphantom9

[12]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 14

if orange-kun's left eye mask contains a geass, then i'll 4give the writers 4 spawning him again...

if not, u guys know what 2 do: write hate mail of orange-kun! >=D

Max42

[13]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    orange is very popular in japan its why he got added at the end of season 1 but i don't like the mask the armor he had in the sigfried would be better

also i agree lelouch has a trick or two to play that i imagian are amid at one getting the empress free of her buracrates and two starting war im not sure but i imagian it will get him and china on his side and it will alow them to take on the world at last

maxsimus288

[14]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 5

i dont get why you all dont like episode 9 so much i think its nice after the episode where they got gurren some new equipment that beated the knights. and after that it felt like they have won now and the fact that they left area 11 (kinda seems pointless to leave from your enemys back yard where you could inflickt some serious damage). it seems nice that they gave so many loose ends i mean orange-kun who usualy does what comes to his mind is alive and as you see mostly calm so he probably wont lose his mind this time, seems like a nice opponet to me. then like i said leaving japan gives also many new possibilitys for whats gonna happen bechose all other battles and actions had all been happening there. and then theres the wedding crash bechose zero needed to stop it but as seen he wasent the only one, so why make so many enemys with that move when he could have leave it be and collect more forces from the shadows, sience hes black knights are rather strong.

someguy0830

[15]Jun 15, 2008
    Well, you all were wondering how Lelouch managed to escape the country without raising suspicion, and now you know: there's two of him, or something like that.

Now for the battles: yes, yes, and more yes. These new mechs delivered when it comes to pure initial awesome factor, and even though we saw it last week in the preview, watching Todoh mess of Suzaku's Float backpack was still cool. Then Xingke had to come in and mess it up by beating Kallen on a technicality. Sure the Shenhu is cool, but that part kinda annoyed me.

The Black Knights' ship is awesome, too. Hadron Cannons for the win, and nice shields. hopefully we'll get some nice ship to ship combat with the Avalon next time.

I'll comment on the characters more when I see the sub, but for now: Diethard you cruel bastard. Abandon Kallen? perish the thought.

Master_M2K

[16]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 58

Episode 10

Seriously, was this episode fast-paced or what? Made it difficult to keep up. I'm glad to see some good old strategic battles now but the whole "naming attacks" thing is starting to get annoying this season . But at least the parallels between season 1 and 2 are quickly disappearing and it looks as though the next episode will be an interesting one, judging from the episode preview .

Looks like Tianzi got a fanservice shot! ^_^

someguy0830

[17]Jun 15, 2008
    Everyone loves the loli fanservice.

With the sub, Diethard's just a cold bastard. Sure he has a point, but he seems to fail to take into account that Kallen is their biggest edge. Not much else character-wise, other than that which we already knew.

SuperBandit

[18]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 7

You're right. Kallen and Vileta fanservice makes me want to punch walls, but Tianzi fanservice is fine by me. Am I... a Pedo? And while on the subject of the girls, C.C. looked really cute this episode. It looked like she was crushing on Zero in certain parts, mainly the Elevator scene.

Ok, the Black Knights are Beasts! Now even Tohdou is using a float ring, and kicking ass while doing so. Some good tactical and action battles here. Xing-ke finally proved to be badass. He's as smart as Lelouch, and he can actually pilot a Knightmare Frame.

What really irritates me is that they used the "Godmare Frame" thing again. It seems like every single time they introduce a new Knightmare, it's invincible and godlike. Seriously, The very first time we saw Lancelot, Guren, Gawain, Vincent, Guren's upgrade, and now Shen Hu (At Only 40% Power, nonetheless), they've all been near invincible, and completely kick the asses of whatever gets in the way. They use that same dried up ploy for each introduction. Why can't a Knightmare completely EQUAL to an already existing Knightmare be created?

Also, wasn't the Vincent supposed to be a mass produced Knightmare based on the Lancelot? I don't think we've seen any more Vincents yet.

someguy0830

[19]Jun 15, 2008
    Wouldn't make much sense to produce Knightmare Frames that aren't better than their predecessors. Gonna be more of the same next episode when C.C. gets in a Knightmare (the seat suggests it's one of the Akatsuki units) and Lelouch busts out his Shinkirō.

The Vincent is the mass-production model, but they haven't moved into the actual mass-production. Lloyd just charged a couple to Schneizel's account.

Max42

[20]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    the other major point is kallens gurren and the gold blue one are basicly produced at the same time so their sibling suits also kallen had him dead to rights he was toast the only difference was she ran out of power due to the previous fight

also lelouch was conflicted heavily not to leave her behind-he must realy care about her.

also the hydron cannons are the gawains looks like it won't be back any time soon. also the fighting next time and whatever vv and orange are up to will definatly make this whole thing that much cooler