Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

Dilla_the_Dude

[21]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 19
    I was surfing ffn.net recently & saw a story with an interesting plot. Do you guys think that with Kallen & the Guren in the Chinese Federation's(whose working with Britainnia for the most part) control right now, that the Britiannians could be ordered by Charles to bring her to him(if Lelouch's rescue attempt fails) so he could Geass her into fighting for Britiannia? Fighting against Lelouch with his own pilot & her knightmare?
    Edited on 06/19/2008 11:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[22]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 27
    It could happen, but I don't see it as a likely outcome. Given what's already happened, the Black Knights will probably be put on the defensive, and Li Xingke will know that to let Britannia win would mean the end of the Federation. He'll probably free Kallen and help defeat the Rounds. Since he's dying, his last act will probably be to take Tianzi outside (notice that they haven't really let her out yet, just moved her box to a different place, so to speak). Li fulfills his promise and Zero has his alliance against Britannia. Everyone wins.

someguy0830

[23]Jun 22, 2008
    Sorry about the double post. Looks like your theory may pan out after all. I was somewhat right about Li Xingke, too. Hurrah!

Now, let's see:
    * Bondage - check
    * Fanservice - check
    * Mecha combat - check
    * Minor girl on girl - check

What more could you want? Bit depressing that Kallen's all tied up in C.C.'s former gear, but I'm sure they'll figure something out. Zero's Knightmare worked out well.

Looks like Cornelia (or someone awfully similar) might be returning next time. Other than that, however, looks to be a fairly silly episode as they occasionally do.

Dilla_the_Dude

[24]Jun 22, 2008
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Sorry about the double post. Looks like your theory may pan out after all..
    I was actually hoping to be proved wrong this episode, there are enough subplots already. I just didn't see the reasoning for having Kallen captured if they aren't going to do anything with it, other than pushing Lelouch's humanity & Li's loyalty. But it would be an interesting enough plot twist...
    Edited on 06/22/2008 3:26pm
    Edited 3 total times.

someguy0830

[25]Jun 22, 2008
    There's two Knights of Rounds members at the school he has yet to use Geass on, so finding her shouldn't be a problem. Hell, he could probably get them to release her. They already brought back Orange-kun, so they don't need another antagonist.

Master_M2K

[26]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 58

Episode 11

Now that was an exciting and action-packed episode . It was good that the knightmare combat wasn't so stagnant but the conversation between Lelouch and the Eunuch Generals was very distracting. However I did like the plan, to use the conversation to start a rebellion but all these overpowering Knightmares is turning this series into Gundam 00 .

Also some things really confused me , like the moment between Anya and C.C. and also the stuff that V.V. was talking about???

The worst part of this episode had to be the last couple of minutes… Power of our hearts? (complete bullsh*t) and someone needs to replace Tianzi's terrible voice actor.

Next episode preview looks hilarious (Lelouch running like a ninja). ^_^

Edited on 06/22/2008 4:57pm

Dilla_the_Dude

[27]Jun 22, 2008

someguy0830 wrote:
    There's two Knights of Rounds members at the school he has yet to use Geass on, so finding her shouldn't be a problem. Hell, he could probably get them to release her. They already brought back Orange-kun, so they don't need another antagonist.
    That's obvious, so obvious in fact that I don't think it'll be done.

What's up with Anya?

someguy0830

[28]Jun 22, 2008
    Secret sister! Dun dun dun! Nah, that won't really happen. Close relative, maybe? Not by the father's side, of course. Seems suspicious that Anya has a picture of young Lelouch and C.C. inexplicably recalls his childhood.

On that subject, the Emperor actually watches over his kids? Maybe he's not such a heartless bastard after all.

Dilla_the_Dude

[29]Jun 22, 2008

Maybe he watches over the ones that show some kind of potential in contributing to war, it would be impossible to watch over all of them.

someguy0830

[30]Jun 22, 2008
    108 wives would be a handful. That's some libido, though. he probably just watches the close ones; say, top 20.

Runty_Grunty

[31]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

someguy0830 wrote:
    That's obvious, so obvious in fact that I don't think it'll be done.

What's up with Anya?

I always thought that pink-haired girl would be really unique in some way, and now we see she's got some kind of connection to C.C. Hopefully that'll be developed on in the near future.

heyvid21

[32]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    I have to say, I loved this episode. So many epic moments. The scene with whats his face shielding the Tianzi with his Knightmare was amazing. There were also many moments between Lulu and CC and Kallen and even Shirly. Simply a great episode. The more I get used to the fan service the more I'm beginning to like it.

Dilla_the_Dude

[33]Jun 23, 2008

The more that I think about it, the more I think this season is going to pull a Bleach and devote the rest of this season to saving Kallen. Only to find her Geass'd by Charles on the last episode...

Edited on 06/23/2008 1:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

someguy0830

[34]Jun 23, 2008

Runty_Grunty wrote:
    I always thought that pink-haired girl would be really unique in some way, and now we see she's got some kind of connection to C.C. Hopefully that'll be developed on in the near future.
    It seems more likely that V.V. and Jeremiah were responsible for that. If anything, Anya is probably connected to Lelouch somehow.

Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    The more that I think about it, the more I think this season is going to pull a Bleach and devote the rest of this season to saving Kallen. Only to find her Geass'd by Charles on the last episode...
    I hope not. Suzaku needs a good let down, and stealing Kallen back from under his nose would do that nicely.

Edited on 06/23/2008 4:49pm

Dilla_the_Dude

[35]Jun 23, 2008
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I hope not. Suzaku needs a good let down, and stealing Kallen back from under his nose would do that nicely.
    Yeah, Suzaku has come out of a lot of things squeaky clean this season.

someguy0830

[36]Jun 29, 2008
    Nunnally popped in to talk to Kallen, so maybe she'll be able to work out her freedom, however limited, on her own.

Poor Shirley. Sayako-Lelouch is a playboy. Ah well, at least she got some recognition.

Anya is officially my favorite character now. Normal people would lay a trap, or maybe enlist some aid in catching Lelouch. What does Anya do? She gets her Knightmare. Best non-battle Knightmare scene ever.

Jeremiah just got cooler. He can cancel other Geass powers, and he immediately unlocks Shirley's memories. That poor girl can't catch a break.

Finally, crazy Nina actually got through to Milly? Will wonders never cease? I was kinda hoping she's go through with her engagement to Lloyd. It could have made for some amusing scenes in later episodes. Ah well, now she's a weather girl. Lots of background appearance methinks.

Dilla_the_Dude

[37]Jun 29, 2008

Sayoko more of a ninja than Suzaku!

I think Cornelia is going to be a 3rd party in the war, I don't think she's really all that loyal to Charles anymore. She killed Britainnian workers...

Edited on 06/29/2008 3:19pm

someguy0830

[38]Jun 29, 2008
    She's willing to kill her own men for incompetence. Killing a few soldiers involved in questionable activities doesn't seem to be that much of a reach. However, given her father's world-threatening activities, she may turn on him.

That said, she can't really be a third party. A wild card at best, but she doesn't have the resources to become a third contender in what will surely amount to a global war. As pissed as she is about Euphy, I can see her siding with Zero if push does come to shove.

As for Sayako, you have to love her. It's like she's trying to screw with Lelouch's life. hell, I wouldn't put it past her to have arranged most of it so it would turn out like it did.

SuperBandit

[39]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 7

Not nearly as Epic as last week, but still awesome, and very funny. Sayako is ten kinds of awesome by herself. Playboy-Athletic-Ninja-Lelouch?

The end result of the "Graduation Event" kind of irritated me though. Despite my usual anti-shipping ways, the past few episodes, and a certain comment in this episode locked it in for me; I want Lelouch to lose it, and become obsessively in love with C.C. like Mao had become. While still much more stable than Mao, he's being broken down more and more, Plus, C.C. seems to be returning the attraction.

Anywho... Orange-kun is going to serve purpose. Yay. Cornelia has gone renegade. Hurray. There's not a doubt in my mind she's going to end up on the side of the Black Knights somehow. Anya is just stupidly cool.

Now, Orange-kun's "Geass Destroyer." It clearly undoes the effects of Geass, but to what extent? It clearly canceled the effects of the mind-wiping Geass powers of the Emperor and Lelouch, but what would it do with a Geass like Rolo's? Would memory of what happened when whoever was effected return? Could it stop it while it's in effect? What about the Geass-esque abilities of C.C. and V.V.?

And more importantly, is, "Destroyer of all Geass" the only was to translate it? Because that makes it sound like it will, DESTROY Geass. Meaning, if Lelouch was hit, he'd lose Geass.

Now, next episode: Jeremiah is going to come face to face with Lelouch. I wonder how that will turn out. I have a striking suspicion that Mao is going to come into play somehow. (Not himself, though. Just mention, or relation to the Mao arc. I'm Pretty sure he's dead for real, though, "Britannia's advances in medical research" could have saved him again...)

Also, Suzaku looks super-lame in sunglasses.

Runty_Grunty

[40]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 11

Man, Anya is so awesome! Gets straight to the point with Mordred in trying to catch Lelouch. So friggin funny!

Cornelia's return is also a nice development. She's an excellent character, and seeing that she's gone rogue for Euphemia's sake is a very interesting change for her.

Poor Shirley, such a tormented girl. Makes me wonder how she's gonna take remembering how Zero (a.k.a. Lelouch) killed her father and how she ended up shooting Viletta. Not to mention the twisted mindgames Mao played on her (that part was just cruel). Geez, her life is a living hell.

And the return of Orange-kun! Funny thing, whenever I see him, I'm always reminded of Dilandau Albatou from Vision of Escaflowne. I dunno what it is, but they just seem similar somehow.

A good development episode, but not really good on action and stuff. Kinda goofy.