Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

Rave0800

[41]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 10

Jeremiah will surprise Leouch with his Geass destroyer but from next week's little preview i doesn't seem that Shirley looks disturbed or confused,Jeremiah with his Geass still won't be enough he too thick-headed to match any sort of wits with Lelouch all Lelouch has to do when they meet face to face is say the following

"Hey aren't you Orange-kun?"

Jeremaih will go nuts, he now knows that he was under Geass at the time of the Suzaku incedent but he is still unstable V.V. did a foolish thing when he decided to give Jeremaih Geass.

Edited on 06/30/2008 12:29am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[42]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 58

Episode 12

Couldn't watch it last night, so had to watch it this afternoon .

This was by far the funniest episode but I didn't hate its addition (unlike the Cat chase one), because of all the story development that occurred. Cornelia's return, Schneizel's planned war, etc. So much happened and I'm looking forward to see how this series turns out.

Best moment was Jeremiah with his Geass Canceller and the funniest moment was Sayoko disguised as Lelouch (ninja sounds). ^_^

insomniac360

[43]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 21
    I didn't like this episode. It was too weird. Still, there were some good scenes. Like the ones with Cornelia and the last scene. Also, anybody thinking Rolo/Lelouch is starting to develop?

Dilla_the_Dude

[44]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 19

insomniac360 wrote:
    Also, anybody thinking Rolo/Lelouch is starting to develop?
    NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

At least I hope not.

Edited on 06/30/2008 8:26am

lillan2967

[45]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 4

Episode 12 gave us a great laugh while at the same time giving us some decent story development. But seriously, a lot of other shows simply try to be hard to be funny and fail pretty hard.

Anyways, Cornelia is definitely going to go against Britania. She wouldn't have had a valid reason to go into hiding otherwise, and I'm pretty sure her royal status has now been forfeited so she is now in the same boat as Lelouch. I think that whoever runs into her now is pretty much screwed, although Lelouch might not be.

As for Jerimiah "Orange-kun" Gottwald, he will end up being a huge thorn in Lelouch's side. Depending on how many more people get Geass canceled could probably determine what will happen later on. I doubt Shirley will be much of a threat because she'll love Lelouch no matter what. She might go through a little bit of a grieving period in order to deal with those fresh wounds in her mind, but she'll be fine.

BTW the emperor actually admitted that war is the most ineffective method!

soundmonkey44

[46]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    ....It's called code geass, but theres not asingle goose in the show, how odd.

........(Quack)

I kid this show is awsome cant wait until R2 reaches the U.S.

someguy0830

[47]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 27
    Geass geese? The world is doomed.

It'll be a while before the second season hits the US. They will surely take at least one mid-season break and one end-season break for recording time. Probably won't arrive until next year.

someguy0830

[49]Jul 6, 2008

Well, that certainly was a colorful description of events.

First things first, I need to go collect my jaw, because it fell off halfway through the opening sequence. In order, what is that egg that seems to be staring at us? Why does it look like Empress Marianne is on a cliff with Charles and V.V.? What is that huge city with energy flowing about that Tohdoh is attacking by himself? What is that purple tube detaching from? The hull looks suspiciously like the Siegfried. What happened to Gino's Tristan? It has a Float System like the Black Knights use, its head antennas are even bigger and its face is a different color, and it's not wielding the same swords. What happened to the Lancelot and the Guren? They both have new awesome wings and are in general completely redesigned. What is Nina's Ganymede bomb doing? What is that space station firing at

This season will rock something fierce. Rolo killed Shirley, or at least that's the implication. Damn. She really can't catch a break. Poor Lulu, "Don't die" is a bit of a difficult order to follow when there's a bullet/knife (couldn't tell which) wound in your chest.

At least the series finally addressed Jeremiah's time as one of Marianne's guards. Now he's working for Lelouch. Awesome. Even more awesome, he's freaking bulletproof.

Sayako without a doubt is simply fun to watch. Go ninja maid! Love the outfit in the opening. A minor Villetta/Kaname moment, too. Always a good thing to see those two. Ha, Tamaki is such a loser that he scores 40 out of 400. Lelouch really doesn't think much of him.

Edited on 07/06/2008 7:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Rave0800

[50]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think there is a reason we didn't see Rolo kill Shirley,they showed him upset when shirley mentioned Nunnally but we didn't exactly see Rolo kill shirley the author probably did this so he ca have endless possible murderers.BTW how do you put up those spoiler tags?
    Edited on 07/06/2008 7:57pm

someguy0830

[51]Jul 6, 2008

Code:
    [spoiler]      text goes here      [/spoiler]   

Like so. I wouldn't be surprised if Rolo was trying to kill someone behind her and Shirley got caught in the crossfire.

Runty_Grunty

[52]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    If that were the case, why didn't Rolo stay behind and try to save her? When Lelouch showed up, Rolo was gone. That's pretty good evidence that Rolo did it.

someguy0830

[53]Jul 6, 2008
    You see, that kind of logical thinking is what anime likes to spit on. Plus, the fact that they stopped without addressing the ramifications allows them to do pretty much whatever they want to next episode to explain it. There are a number of ways it could go.

Rolo did it: in this scenario, Rolo did it, but for any one of a number of reasons he isn't going to say so. Trying to keep Nunnally from Lelouch to maintain his status as brother (seems the most likely, given the timing) or simply trying to keep her quiet and knowing Lelouch would be pissed if he found are options.

Rolo didn't do it: here, Rolo was not reacting to her, but to someone else in the room. Now, this raises the big question: who could figure two be that Rolo could not dispatch them and keep talking? Assuming figure two is dead, it would have to be someone Rolo cannot leave as evidence. Furthermore, they'd have to get a shot off first. It's unlikely, but possible. Assuming figure two is alive, it would have to be V.V. or someone with a Geass immunity. They shot Shirley (by mistake probably), and Rolo is chasing.

SuperBandit

[54]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7

NO DAMN WAY.

This episode was filled to the brim with twists, but all in all, I absolutely CANNOT get behind Orange-kun joining the Black Knights. That is absolute, poor-written BULL. After more than a year of pissy attitude and desire for REVENGE against Zero, Orange-kun is all of a sudden, "A Man of loyalty to Marianne." They honestly expect us to buy that?

I like Orange-kun. I LOVE when people switch sides. However, mixing the two is THE ABSOLUTE WORST VARIETY OF FANSERVICE. It's not just there for harmless sex appeal. It's legitimately screwing with the legibility of the plot. I would take a full time bunnysuit Kallen over this any day.

Ughh... Well, despite that, it looks like Jeremiah's cancelation of Lelouch Geass allows him to reuse it on the same target again. If Orange-kun really is being loyal to Zero all of a sudden, Lelouch just became so much more powerful. Anybody and everybody becomes fair game as long as Jerry's by his side. And he doesn't need to worry about restraining use of it.

And Dead Shirley. That's going to cause some massive hormonal imballances. Perhaps Lelouch and Suzaku will now see eye to eye on the death of a lover? Shirley's comment about forgiving Lelouch, mixed with her death might just sow the seed of forgiveness in the anti-hero.

Now, the Black Knight's number of formidable Knightmare pilots is slowly increasing, and most likely will continue until they can equal out with the Knights of Rounds. The loose ends are slowly being wrapped up. We're moving towards the ending now.

someguy0830

[55]Jul 7, 2008
    He didn't know Lelouch was Zero until now, and he only hated Zero because he got his career taken from him. Now that he knows Zero is the son of the woman he admired, how could he just go on wanting revenge? I don't see how it's screwing with the plot, especially since we were told about Jeremiah's previous career well before the second season.

SuperBandit

[56]Jul 7, 2008

True enough, when thought about rationally. It still feels too much like its catering to the massive number of Jerry's fans, but makes sense, I suppose. He definitely seemed much more rational this season once Zero's identity was exposed, as opposed to last season's mad screams of "ZERO!" as he was worked on. The only thing I really don't buy is the level of loyalty to Marianne that Jeremiah supposedly bears, but even that makes a sense because of the previous Britannians we've seen to have such great respect for her (Cornelia, mainly.).

Edited on 07/06/2008 11:38pm

someguy0830

[57]Jul 7, 2008
    I'll admit that it seems a bit excessive, but look at all the wasted effort Cornelia put into trying to find Marianne's murder. Marianne seems to have been a very charismatic woman, which would explain where Lelouch gets his silver tongue.

Dilla_the_Dude

[58]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 19

Sayako must be a crossover character from Naruto. She uses kunai, too?!

Am I the only one that thinks that Suzaku will believe that Lelouch killed Shirley? I figured that since Suzaku still somewhat believes that Lelouch is Zero despite the fact Rivals and the Agency said he was at school the entire time, he would believe that Lelouch had a hand in the death of Shirley(if you think about it, he did indirectly). In grief, he would will himself to make himself believe that Lelouch was putting on a act at the rooftop, no matter what took place.

I mean, Suzaku meets Shirley after she called him.

Then, Lelouch happens to show up.

The rooftop accident happens.

Next, Lelouch leaves Suzaku & Shirley alone.

Shortly after Shirley & Suzaku split up, the accident at the mall happens with Lelouch no where to be seen.

Finally, BAM! Shirley is found dead.

Even more so if Lelouch is still there when the rescue comes.

Edited on 07/06/2008 11:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SuperBandit

[59]Jul 7, 2008

Nah, I don't think Suzaku is That thick.

I think if anything, their relationship will be partially restored by the event, for the reasons stated previously.

Master_M2K

[60]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 58

Episode 13

This turned out to be a very eventful episode and the highlight of it was the fight between Jeremiah & Sayoko. However there were so many sudden things that occurred that just didn't make sense : Shirley & Jeremiah's sudden change of heart, Viletta betraying Jeremiah and so on. But at least one thing that made sense was Rollo killing Shirley. ^_^