Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

Kitanishi

[61]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    SuperBandit wrote:

True enough, when thought about rationally. It still feels too much like its catering to the massive number of Jerry's fans, but makes sense, I suppose. He definitely seemed much more rational this season once Zero's identity was exposed, as opposed to last season's mad screams of "ZERO!" as he was worked on. The only thing I really don't buy is the level of loyalty to Marianne that Jeremiah supposedly bears, but even that makes a sense because of the previous Britannians we've seen to have such great respect for her (Cornelia, mainly.).

Well, according to the "Episode 4.33" of R1 (aka picture drama 5), entire Jeremiah's life is based upon what happened to Marianne.

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 07/07/2008 7:37am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gunner_yuna123

[64]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 13
    Hai gais 14 - 17 previews are out.

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

someguy0830

[66]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 27

Marianne sure can pull off the look well. V.V., not so much.

Argh, curse you Yuna, I went looking for more scans and now the implication of Kallen's new look pains me

***SPOILER***

Edited on 07/07/2008 10:38am
    Edited 3 total times.

Kebia

[67]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 2

For some reason...I don't think Rolo did kill her at all.

To me for some unknown apparent reason I can't seem to figure out...

I think Suzaku killed her on accident.

Then just maybe...this could give Suzaku a reason to forgive Lelouch finally.

gunner_yuna123

[68]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 13
    Rolo killed Shirley. The autopsy on her was ruled her death as a suicide so the only one who can pull this off is Rolo. The little f^cker froze time took the gun shot her placed it back in her hand and unfroze time. Seriously it wasn't Suzaku because he wouldn't kill Shirley since she is a close friend of his as well. Remember she was the first to actually accept him into the school even though he was Japanese.

someguy0830

[69]Jul 7, 2008
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    Rolo killed Shirley. The autopsy on her was ruled her death as a suicide so the only one who can pull this off is Rolo.
    Exactly when is she autopsied?

Dilla_the_Dude

[70]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    someguy0830 wrote:

Argh, curse you Yuna, I went looking for more scans and now the implication of Kallen's new look pains me

If you're referring to her first picture, she doesn't look all that happy or comfortable, so I won't say 'CALLED IT!' quite yet. Maybe she's with Nunnally. The last picture just looks like an alternate version of her pilot suit, plus she's still wearing the red headband that many of the original Black Knights wear.

And C.C.? What the hell? Is that her before she became a witch?

someguy0830

[71]Jul 7, 2008
    Still, "nice" Kallen in proper noble dress (I really can't think of a better way to describe it) worries me. No headband there. Her pilot suit one is a non-issue, since she has the headband and the Guren in the background is the current one. If we're lucky, maybe Nunnally has appointed her as her personal Knight. The legal and political ramifications aside, it seems likely Kallen would accept such a thing just because she knows Lelouch wouldn't want her fighting Nunnally.

As for C.C., it would seem so. Furthermore, she's using a normal Geass, not the forehead version. I wonder how that'll play out.

SuperBandit

[72]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7

Is it just me, or does C.C. seem to have a traditional styled Geass in that scan? Could it be that becoming a witch is the Ultimate level of a Geass that becomes too powerful and spiraling out of control?

Edited on 07/07/2008 1:29pm

someguy0830

[73]Jul 7, 2008
    It's not just you. She is indeed using a traditional Geass. It seems to me that there'd have to be more to the process. V.V. is the Emperor's twin, but to have evolved his Geass to "witch" status, as it were, in relation to his physical age, it would had to have accelerated at a much faster rate than Mao's has. Lelouch's has run away pretty quickly, but it's not at the point where it's dwarfing Mao yet.

I'm thinking that C.C. and V.V. were exposed to the Thought Elevators and made as they are now. Either that or some similar exposure to advanced and ancient technology. Just letting their Geass evolve doesn't seem to fit with other Geass users.

Dilla_the_Dude

[74]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 19

someguy0830 wrote:
    Still, "nice" Kallen in proper noble dress (I really can't think of a better way to describe it) worries me. No headband there. Her pilot suit one is a non-issue, since she has the headband and the Guren in the background is the current one. If we're lucky, maybe Nunnally has appointed her as her personal Knight. The legal and political ramifications aside, it seems likely Kallen would accept such a thing just because she knows Lelouch wouldn't want her fighting Nunnally. As for C.C., it would seem so. Furthermore, she's using a normal Geass, not the forehead version. I wonder how that'll play out.
    Well, is there anyone here that reads Japanese so we can translate the text around her picture?

C.C. looks like she lived a seriously crappy life before becoming a witch, as well. What's with all the little girls?

someguy0830

[75]Jul 7, 2008

The text for Kallen says "Will she be released?" The tiny text says something about meeting Nunnally and Suzaku once more.The person couldn't read the rest.

I'm pretty sure the one on the far right (with the active Geass) is Rolo.

Edited on 07/07/2008 3:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jooja42animefan

[76]Jul 8, 2008
    Jedidiyah wrote:

I agree. Jeremiah is just boring. All he does when he appears is yell some cliched phrases then gets hammered. What is the point of resurrecting such a character over and over again. They could make for Lelouch an interesting opponent with geass instead.

Konnichiwa!

Well, I just watched the new episode, #13, that aired this Sunday (7/6) and Jeremiah does have a special ability--a geass cancellation ability--this makes him a good opponent for Zero.

However, in the episode Jeremiah & Zero had a "discussion" and he seems to have remembered where his loyality lies and Jeremiah has chosen to become an ally to the Black Knights & Zero. Now I'm not sure how long this will last or it if it is a scheme to capture the Black Knights & Zero, but I'm hoping that it is indeed a real conection & joining of forces between the two. So I guess we will just have to see how this turs out.

The scene with Shirley & Lelouch was interesting, too, when he found her lying on the floor dying. The scene was very touching & sad, because Lelouch tried to keep her from dying with his geass and no matter how many tines he said "Don't die Shirley" she still died. She confessed that she would always fall in love with him no matter how many times she was reborn. The fact that she remembered everything that happened, even after Lulu used his geass on her & was able to talk to him about that was a bit surprising to me. I guess that only means that her love for him over-powered his geass.

I'm still not sure who shot her though, because they showed her talking to Rolo, and then lying on the floor in a pool of blood...this was very confusing to me. I wonder if she shot herself or if Rolo did it. What do you all think?

wedgeantilles54

[77]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 12

As to who shot sheirly, i think that it will be revealed when the time is right
    but i think that suzaku and lelouch will both make different asumptions about who did it and why and it will lead to some interesting consequences. Also she might yet reappear, i make this statement because of that whole i fall in love with you everytime i'm reborn bit (refering to the various memory losses from the geass ect).

My big question is what exactly will cornilliea do when and if she finds out the truth and what side will she take in things to come.

daywalker1226

[78]Jul 8, 2008

Well that takes shirley out of the running i guess. To be honest my first thought jumped to "Rolo, that heartless bastard" but after taking it in i think i've come to accept the idea of a . . . TWIST. after all this anime is based on twist after twist so why not now. Although i do hate seeing shirley leaving the picture this incident will probably do less for suzaku and lelouch. Lelouch left shirley in the care and protection of suzaku, he will probably see suzaku as the one who is at fault, him and the murderer of course.

Now whether Rolo did do it or not is quite a question. I mean really even if rolo didn't do it there was obviously no effort attempted to help shirley's injury. This can be seen from the fact that there is no blood outside the puddle. If rolo had tried to help he would have had to risk getting his hands dirty or even stepping in a liittle of the splatter would have left a track. now that's not to say that someone else did shoot shirley and he immediately went after them, but that brings up the rather odd question "Why target her?" remember no one knew that she had retained her memories(besides jerimiah) until she told rolo, and even if there was someone who overheard, rolo should have been able to dispatch them quicker than them getting a shot off at her.

All in all, i accept the idea of a twist, i just have to say unless the writers can come up with a good, believable story, i strongly feel that rolo is the one who killed the girl Lelouch began to love.

RevivedPheonix

[79]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    Im pretty sure it was Rolo who killed her. since she said she wanted Nunally and Lelouch to reunite, and Rolo wanted Lelou for himself.

heyvid21

[80]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    wedgeantilles54 wrote:
    My big question is what exactly will cornilliea do when and if she finds out the truth and what side will she take in things to come.

This is what I'm curious about as well. I think we will see cornelia come back on the scene with a Geass of her own. As to what side she'll pic. I really hope she chooses to side with Lelouch. She loved Marianne too. And Lelouche has his way with words.