Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

Rave0800

[101]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    Refrain is highly addictive, she may be disabled for a while. But I don't think that one dose is going to hurt in the long run. Now, if Suzaku gives her repeated doses, that's definantly torture.
    if the first dose isn't going to hurt in the long run whats the point obviously he going to torture her until he gets what he want,what i looking forward to is Lelouch & The Emperior chat
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heyvid21

[102]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 6

@ Jediyah

You need to chill with your Lelouch is evil discussion. There's another thread for that. We dont agree with you, so at least keep it civil and quit posting it every where. We dont care. We dont care about Death Note either. It was a good anime, but it is NOT Code Geass. Get over it, thanks.

heyvid21

[103]Jul 13, 2008
    Jedidiyah wrote:
    daywalker1226 wrote:
    Oh, and as for laughing about shirley's death, that was just a dumb quote. she was a major character that had a sense of innocence to everything going on around her.

I guess we had different impressions. To me Shirley, Milley, Rivalz were pretty much props for comic relief. Blame me if you wish but their characters are those of Barbie dolls with fixed smiles or frowns. So when Shirley got all teary about her father I couldn't take it seriously. Ditto Lelouch who never payed much attention to her suddenly bursting into tears. And I hated filler episodes with Arthur stealing Zero's mask and lately Milley graduating. When Shirley died I caught myself regretting that Nina, Milley, Rivalz etc. did not follow suit and that Ashford academy was not razed to the ground along with them.

Lol you seriously take this cartoon way too seriously.

kur4lvl4

[104]Jul 13, 2008
    Jedidiyah wrote:

kur4lvl4 wrote:
    woooow really nice episode. but what i am freakin confused about till today is is lulu a good guy or a freakin bad guy. last episode was like yeb he is good. this episode compeletly the opposite... i wonder of lulu will end up like light yagami. if lulu is the bad guy then suzaku is likable and if lulu is the good guy he is likeable

I hate to say it but I told you so a while ago. As long as Lulu can use Rolo or anyone he protects them. Question: would he hesitate to sacrifice him to one of his schemes if necessary? We now have the answer. It's been a while since Lulu already ended up like Light Yagami, good or bad as one wishes to think. His actions in this episode are a logical realization of his philosophy, nothing changed. And since he extendeed it from his sister to the entire world and got a god complex there is no end in sight. Previously it wasn't necessary to kill 'innocents' and now it is. And you have it a bit backwards: whoever is likable to you is good by definition and vice versa. It's relative. Btw, it seems from the opening scene that Charles and VV also started out as 'good guys', fighters for truth and justice, etc. Where they are now is where Lulu is going.

I confess myself disappointed with VV in this episode. The Master of Geass, blah, blah and he ends up beaten w/o much ado like Jeremiah in the first season. I mean, Eunuch Generals put up more fight. And with all those geasses he couldn't find out that Jeremiah was obsessed with Marianne before giving him a super-geass. And it's news to him that Lulu is Zero, come on. This story needs a serious upgrade on its villains.

well b4 i was like 90% lulu is good. now i am at 50% he is good. don't misunderstand me everything he did this episode was completely and 100% wrong. but he was driven by the death of shirley just like suzaku was so mad at euphie's death. last episode they showed how good he is and blah blah. this episode they showed how evil he is and blah blah. so he is basically evil. so i am on 50 50 on lulu i guess maybe it is becuz he is my favorite character in the show. for suzaku he still not more likable. i still really hate him. for everytime i think he is ok he does somethin that pisses me off. but i kno this suzaku is good not evil. he just sucks as character or his methods. i just hope lulu is good and really had good reason for wat he did. i agree with u at the V.V. part. i thought he was the master mind controllin charles and to be winin like that was kind of dumb. by the saw u saw how the he said to the empror that lulu lied to nunally and charles was like u lied again. i guess he knew that lulu won't lie to nunally.
    Edited on 07/13/2008 10:51pm

daywalker1226

[105]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    I dont know if Lelouch is so much "evil" as he is heartless. The main reason he wants to get rid of Rolo is to atone for shirley's death. Of course he's going to try to use him as much as possible first, it would be a waste of a very effective weapon if he just killed him without getting the most out of his geass. And if he would have acted impulsively (right when he found out that rolo killed shirley) without a plan, that would be completely out of character for him. That is why he played it off like that towards Rolo, he had already devised a new plan that would involve killing rolo.

daywalker1226

[106]Jul 14, 2008
    As for Suzaku, this is what all of us have been waiting for. With this we finally see suzaku for what he really is

sjk9000

[107]Jul 14, 2008

Jedidiyah wrote:
    daywalker1226 wrote:
    Oh, and as for laughing about shirley's death, that was just a dumb quote. she was a major character that had a sense of innocence to everything going on around her.

I guess we had different impressions. To me Shirley, Milley, Rivalz were pretty much props for comic relief. Blame me if you wish but their characters are those of Barbie dolls with fixed smiles or frowns. So when Shirley got all teary about her father I couldn't take it seriously. Ditto Lelouch who never payed much attention to her suddenly bursting into tears. And I hated filler episodes with Arthur stealing Zero's mask and lately Milley graduating. When Shirley died I caught myself regretting that Nina, Milley, Rivalz etc. did not follow suit and that Ashford academy was not razed to the ground along with them.

That's kind of a narrow way to look at it. From a storytelling perspective, the characters at Ashford and thier antics are vital in order to fully fleash out Lelouch's character. They're proof that Lelouch may be evil and twisted but he's not completely heartless. He cares about Shirley, the way a normal human being would. It's not much, but it means the difference between Lelouch being an ice-cold chessmaster who manipulates the world to suit his own desires, and living, breathing human who manipulates the world to suit his own desires.

He still has a problem avoiding responsibility, tho. Slaughtering the Geass Cult doesn't atone for Shirley in any way, and killing Rolo just ignores the fact he played a big part in what a pathetic monster he became.

And of course they're going to be props if you decidely ignore any real character development, like their father dying. To me the only one who has expressed any real range of emotion is Rivalz. Which is why you could pretty much just cut his character out of the show and it wouldn't make much difference. Shirley and Milley, tho, they get happy/sad/etc. and their actions actually impact other characters. I don't think its fair to call them hollow characters.

heyvid21 wrote:

Oh, relax. Conversations like this are what make forums interesting. It'd be boring if all we did was sit around and agree with each other.

Dilla_the_Dude

[108]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    sjk9000 wrote:
    heyvid21 wrote:

Oh, relax. Conversations like this are what make forums interesting. It'd be boring if all we did was sit around and agree with each other.

Agreed.

Though, I say Lelouch can still be redeemed. In fact, I don't think he will die at the end of the series. He's still done a ton of good for the Japanese, despite some his more evil moments.

If Lelouch dies, I say Suzaku and maybe C.C. is going with him.

Edited on 07/14/2008 12:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SuperBandit

[109]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    What I found to be the highlight of this episode was the ending. Curly stands before Lelouch with a great big smile upon his face, calls out to his son and they seem to be ready to engage in conversation. Now, if you ask me, paired with Lelouch's actions in the episode, it's becoming more likely that, "Emperor is just preparing Lelouch" theory is correct.

flamer14

[110]Jul 19, 2008
    what if the emperor planted fake memories into everyone involving mariannes death

Rave0800

[111]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    sjk9000 wrote:
    heyvid21 wrote:

Agreed.

Though, I say Lelouch can still be redeemed. In fact, I don't think he will die at the end of the series. He's still done a ton of good for the Japanese, despite some his more evil moments.

If Lelouch dies, I say Suzaku and maybe C.C. is going with him.

if that happens what will be the moral of the story??i doubt kallen,nunnally and whoever will have the strength to opose brittiania,if Lelouch dies it the end the show
    Edited on 07/19/2008 5:20pm

Dilla_the_Dude

[112]Jul 20, 2008

I miss C.C. already...

And some Cornelia fanservice next week.

Edited on 07/20/2008 5:17pm

Master_M2K

[113]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 58

Episode 15

I don't know what to say… This episode was so erratic that it confused the hell out of me . I could only grasp some of the major developments that just sprung out of no where and it was interesting finally learning something more about C.C. but what's gonna happen, now that C.C. has lost her memories? ^_^

someguy0830

[114]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 27
    What's gonna happen? Good lovin' maybe, since she seems to figure that's what she's for.

But seriously, though, this episode was a ton and then some of revelations. Lulu would have become immortal. Honestly, I think he might have gone for it given the chance. C.C. got hers the same way. The Emperor is immortal now. V.V. is dead. Ohgi might die with Villetta, but spoilers elsewhere say otherwise. Sayoko is still badass no matter who she's killing. Lelouch owns the Emperor for trying to steal his woman('s life) but ends up with slave-girl Moe C.C.

A mouthful indeed.

Dilla_the_Dude

[116]Jul 20, 2008

I lol'd when C.C. said Lelouch was too gentle. Also, Nina finally perfected her bomb, I bet she wants to test it on some Elevens. I can't really tell if there'll be a third season or not anymore. But with Lelouch
    ***SPOILER***

, I rather believe there won't.

someguy0830

[117]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 27
    There's an interview confirming it ends this season.

Dilla_the_Dude

[118]Jul 20, 2008
    Oh, nevermind then.

Kebia

[119]Jul 20, 2008

Okay, so C.C. forgets her memories...

Does that mean she will still love pizza? On second thought...I bet she doens't know what a pizza is.

Edited on 07/20/2008 8:18pm

Dilla_the_Dude

[120]Jul 20, 2008
    Kebia wrote:

Okay, so C.C. forgets her memories...

Does that mean she will still love pizza? On second thought...I bet she doens't know what a pizza is.

What appeals to her taste buds probably haven't changed. Once she gets another taste, she'll fall in love with it again.

We also may learn of her real name the first time Lelouch refers to her as C.C.

Edit: Is Lelouch immortal now? At the end of the episode, both of Lelouch's eyes were his normal purple despite him not putting his contact lense back on, at least from what we saw. Plus, I didn't see C.C. contractee's symbol on her forehead when she was racking off her 'resume'. Lelouch's forehead was covered by his hair...

Edited on 07/21/2008 2:08pm
    Edited 3 total times.