Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

Jedidiyah

[121]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    Vow, this was the best episode this season. Excellent dreamlike logic in the World of C. I loved how they managed to interpret gods without bringing in aliens, mystical creatures and parallel worlds. It is an interesting turn to play up human will, experience and thoughts as the ultimate source of power. Hopefully, the origin of geass will be explained along the same lines. Lelouch will not be immortal as long as CC lives, I think. Apparently, he interrupted the process of her killing by Charles and the result was that she only lost her memory and possibly geass powers, instead of dying.

Here are some speculations about what we heard and saw. It appears that CC's mentor was killed without a Thought Elevator, perhaps because it was by a contractee. Charles on the other hand, needed the machine to kill CC who was not his contractor. There should be more immortals because when CC touched Suzaku's knightmare in Battle for Narita we saw numerous girls with geass bird on their forheads. Charles also says that there is only one man in the past and the future of mankind. Could it be that he means himself using the Thought Elevator to eliminate all other immortals and reigning supreme? Suzaku calls immortals 'things of the future' when he confronts Lelouch at the end of the first season. I wonder what people think.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dilla_the_Dude

[122]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 19

With what Lelouch is planning to announce the next episode, he needs to formulate a possible way to get Kallen back, by geassing one of the Rounds at school or something. With C.C. gone, that's another good pilot he lost. He may have Toudou, Jeremiah, Rolo, Xinge, and such, but more is better.

Space_Lion

[123]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 2
    And Kallen is his best pilot and his lover.

C0mputerboy

[124]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    I can't wait for the next episode. You can never guess what's going to happen and what will happen most times/

Space_Lion

[125]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 2
    Yea, that's what I love about it.

C0mputerboy

[126]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 14

Anyone know when the next episode comes out?

someguy0830

[127]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 27
    Sunday, same as always.

someguy0830

[128]Jul 27, 2008

Now for fun Turn 17 spoilers.

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 07/27/2008 2:39am

Dilla_the_Dude

[129]Jul 27, 2008

C.C. is now so innocent & cute...yet, it pains me to see her like this, all timid and whatnot. And poor Rivalz, now alone in the Student Council. If she dies, Lelouch should become immortal, especially now that it's confirmed she is indeed mortal.

I wish there had been more dialogue between Lelouch and Cornelia. Oh well...

With the blood found on the Knightmare by some of the Japanese & what Rolo said, the seeds of doubt have started to spread. It looks like some of the possible spoilers I've seen might be legit. And it will be epic...

I guess Ougi now know everything about Zero, his identity and Geass. I'd imagine so, since Villeta is nowhere to be seen and he looks so unsure of what to do...oh wait, he always looks like that.

They wanted to put Suzaku in the Guren? Boooooooooooo!!! And Nina looked crazy as hell when trying to convince Suzaku to put the bomb on the Lancelot. Nice foreshadowing by Lloyd.

Cute little conversation between Nunnally and Kallen on Lelouch. It will only solidify Kallen's opinion of Lelouch, despite her being locked down. I think that Kallen will be freed in about two episodes, either from the confrontation between Lelouch and Suzaku, or becuase of that phone call to Guilford by Orange. He could have been bartering Cornelia for the release of Kallen from the order of Lelouch, and to who better to propose this to than Guilford?

I would comment on Suzaku's beatdown, but Someguy basically said everything that should be said.

I chuckled a small bit when Suzaku called Lelouch selfish. While true, I don't think Suzaku should really be the one to comment.

Ahhah! Anya had her memories erased by Charles. I think she's some illegitimate child or, if her memories cut off right after Marianne died, she could be a clone or Marianne herself. I wouldn't like this, it's a little late to add more fantasy.

Edited on 07/27/2008 5:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

wedgeantilles54

[130]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 12

do we know how many knights of the Rounds there are we have only seen 5, but the numbers suggest that there are at least 5 more we haven't seen knight of 2, knight of 4, knight of 8 and knight of 9. this of course asumes that there only ten

it seems that with this episode the stage is set for a world war, which could lead to some crazy moments in the episdoes that are left.

someguy0830

[131]Jul 29, 2008
    There are only seven. Not all of the seats are filled.

Dilla_the_Dude

[132]Jul 30, 2008
    Next episode: "The Taste of Dirt". Ouch, I don't think I like the sound of that. I'm hoping it's figurative...

Max42

[133]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    it is time that they get their act together and begin this war in ernest-also the emporer has to show how crazy he is also cornillia is what will have gilford doing what ever lulouch says-though i don't think he would kill her-i think she will fight with him at some point also cc is probably no longer a factor i think now that leloch is doing the monolog is the story teller and she will probably have a happy peacful life from now on nunnaly has to berate her brother for not telling her that he is zero can't wait to see that

wedgeantilles54

[134]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 12

someguy0830 wrote:
    There are only seven. Not all of the seats are filled.

Makes sense but where did you get that conculsion from?

It would also make sense that not all of the knights of the rounds are in Area 11 even with the situation being what its, cause there are other places that could become battlefields where they might be needed

Jedidiyah

[135]Jul 31, 2008

It's nice to see the authors stick to their habit of instantly turning people's loyalties around. I suppose there is no other way to support the bombastic plot of R2 now that everybody knows Lelouch is Zero. But does it have to be so blatantly ridiculous? I could swallow Rolo, Villeta and with some effort Xing-Ke. But Cornelia (and now Guilford presumably) siding with Lelouch, in the name of Euphy of all things?! Jeremiah getting all squishy when Marianne's name is mentioned. Nevermind he used to hate Lelouch's guts. Anya seems to be on her way. I am sure Nina will realize the wrongness of her ways too before this is over.

People tend to stick to their guns by inertia if nothing else, and such life-changing turns require some real crises to happen. They certainly don't happen en masse as in CG. I should know after trying (in vain) to convince people here to change their opininion of Suzaku. And we are talking about a cartoon character, not something real. It takes Lelouch just minutes to convince people to turn their lives upside down!

But then psychology is at least vague and soft. Politics is not. Watching how 47 states cheerfully ceded control of their military to Black Knights made me squirm even more. Aside from the fact that Black Knights are yesterday 'terrorists' I can't imagine any even EU country relinquishing its own military, not to mention China.

And then there was that call to Suzaku. Don't tell me he wouldn't protect Nunally w/o Lelouch's asking. I recall somebody saying:"She has the Britannian Army and Suzaku. They are enemies but they can be trusted." Oh wait, it was Lelouch. Couldn't they find a less cheesy way to set up a meeting at the Kururugi shrine?

Edited on 07/31/2008 5:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

someguy0830

[136]Jul 31, 2008

Some things:

When did it ever say Cornelia changed loyalties? Being tied up strikes you as devoted? In fact, the official website lists her as captured, same as Kallen.

Jeremiah hated Zero, not Lelouch. Learning the two are one and the same is what made him question himself.

Nina changing sides? Ha, you've got to be kidding.

Villetta also hasn't changed sides, she's under house arrest (also on official website).

The 47 countries gave up their military because they did not stand a chance. The EU got trounced, China got overthrown, and the Black Knights have an unparalleled leader. A unified army was their only chance, and they knew it.

Finally, Suzaku would protect her, but he couldn't do it if they decided to drag her back to Britannia. Lelouch wants extra insurance. Leaving her be won't cut it.

Edited on 07/31/2008 8:06pm

Dilla_the_Dude

[137]Jul 31, 2008
    Jedidiyah wrote:
    I should know after trying (in vain) to convince people here to change their opininion of Suzaku. And we are talking about a cartoon character, not something real.
    Which is why no one changes their mind...

Jedidiyah

[138]Aug 1, 2008
    Cornelia changed loyalties when it mattered: in Zero vs. VV. I am not sure what exactly she knows about the Euphy affair but siding with Zero in her name looks strange. Jeremiah knew Lelouch only as a little kid if at all, so learning he is Zero is merely putting a name on the mask. And he did much more than "question himself". He was fighting VV with Zero even though it was VV who took him out of the hole he was put into by Zero. And if his loyalty to Marianne translates into loyalty to her children then why not also to brothers like VV and Charles. Or If he suspected they were involved in her death why serve them for so long in the first place?

I didn't get how and why EU was 'trounced' but China was not ovethrown at all. One faction (Xing-Ke) replaced another (Eunuch generals) but China still has its very own national interests separate and different from those of Zero. A temporary alliance against Britannia is no reason to give up your armed forces and leave yourself at mercy of a murky character who kidnapped your beloved empress at gunpoint. And it wasn't a unified army, national armies were disbanded and the Black Knights remained the only fighting force in UFN. In other words, if Zero wins he has everything in place for total control over everyone.

If 'they' (Charles, Schneizer?) decided to drag Nunally back to Britannia there is nothing Suzaku can do anyway, he is only a knight of 7. Besides, she'd probably be safer there. So the 'extra insurance' amounts to putting himself into a vulnerable position for nothing.

Edited on 08/01/2008 3:38pm

someguy0830

[139]Aug 1, 2008

Cornelia didn't change loyalties. Her beef was against the Geass Cult, as was Zero's. The enemy of my enemy.

Jeremiah knew no better until meeting Lelouch. As far as he knew, her death was caused by terrorists. If her son believes different, that's all the more reason to follow him.

The EU lost over half its territory to Schneizel. I would count that as trounced. As for China, I would call civilian riots and deposed leaders overthrowing. The Empress always had the power, but the people using it were what mattered.

The Black Knights are a unified army, as their ranks are culled from member nations. That's why the Chinese tanks are floating alongside them. It's one unified army commanded by a single party.

Your very dim view of the possible result of the unified army fails to take into account that the Black Knights are composed of forces from every nation. They couldn't rebel with fracturing back into the composite forces.

Finally, with their conversation, Suzaku could always choose to hide Nunnally now so no one could find her. If Lelouch had done nothing, he wouldn't think to move her since as far as he knows the Emperor doesn't know Lelouch is Zero.

Edited on 08/01/2008 2:28pm

Jedidiyah

[140]Aug 1, 2008

someguy0830 wrote:
    Your very dim view of the possible result of the unified army fails to take into account that the Black Knights are composed of forces from every nation. They couldn't rebel with fracturing back into the composite forces.

Article 17: "Member nations will forever relinquish all military forces of their own. With that the security of each UFN member will be guaranteed by contracting armed forces that belong to none of the states, the Black Knights".

They are talking about contracting Japanese million with possibly some minor additions from Xing-Ke loyalists, not about fusing national militaries into one army. If that were the case the 'military formation will no doubt lack in teamwork" being just a conglomerate of parts that never worked together before. And to this mercenary force under absolute control of one man in a mask they relinquish FOREVER all their sovereignty. Don't tell me you are really buying it. If their populations are anyhting like real people this itself would start rebellions.