Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Code Geass R2 Discussion (Eps. 9 - 18) ^_^

someguy0830

[161]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 27
    Kebia wrote:

Sorry, but when Suzaku was about to die...

It didn't start to make sense. How will Freya save him from dieing.

He coulda just press the button of the escape pod.

We see so many escape with escape pods, how come when the geass command took over Suzaku; he used Freya?

This time I blame the writers.

Lancelot doesn't have an eject and never has. lloyd's too obsessed with performance to worry about the pilot's life.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soundmonkey44

[162]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    Frankly I think Naunelly used the explosion to make a last minute escape & Her along with her maid (whatever the gals name is) are now in hiding, We will most likely see them return in a later episode or near the end of the anime. As for the guy that Lelouch told to see him a corinillia..Ya he is probably dead.

& on to another topic..C.C. Part of me wonders if she'll ever regain her memory...Part of me wonders if when it comes back..It could possibly drive her mad(I mean decades worth of memories returning in an instant..Ouch) to the point leluch would have to pull a shirly on her & erase all of the memories of the past before he met her...(cause its obovious lelouch cares for her.) & that way we could get her back somewhat to her old self....But most importantly what will become of the 2 once the war is over, if she still is in her "Ten year old" State will Lelouch still care for her as much? so many qustions? Darn anime writers...making me use my brain! LOL

wedgeantilles54

[163]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 12

I remember that in one the episodes in season 1 loyd said that he hadn't put and ejection seat on the lancelot yet, and there has been no mention of one beeing added yet, so the bomb was the best option he had, not saying it was a good one though

DiIer

[164]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    You guys don't really think Lelouch's sister is reallly dead, huh? Because the story would not progress, Lelouch would gve up because all that he was doing up until now was for his sister.

Kebia

[165]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 2

Is there gonna be a new thread for episodes 18-22 or 25?

someguy0830

[166]Aug 11, 2008
    soundmonkey44 wrote:
    Frankly I think Naunelly used the explosion to make a last minute escape & Her along with her maid (whatever the gals name is) are now in hiding, We will most likely see them return in a later episode or near the end of the anime. As for the guy that Lelouch told to see him a corinillia..Ya he is probably dead.
    The official website lists everyone who was caught in the explosion as "whereabouts unknown." Nunnally and Sayoko are among them. They were caught in the blast same as everyone else.
    Edited on 08/11/2008 4:01pm

Runty_Grunty

[167]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    True, but that doesn't mean she's dead. We had a situation somewhat similar to this in Season 1 at Shikinejima, with Lelouch, Euphie, Kallen and Suzaku getting warped to Kaminejima. Now this might sound crazy, but what if Nunnally got warped out of the explosion similarly?

Remember, the Emperor was holding his flagship outside the perimeter of Area 11, and he's inherited V.V.'s Code. He could very well have the ability to teleport people.

It's a bit of a long shot, but that is still a possibility for what happened to Nunnally.

Montegoraon

[168]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 4

From a storyline perspective, it is exceptionally unlikely that all those characters are dead. Granted, when you have a huge cast it gives you the option of killing off a whole bunch of them whenever you feel like it (as seen in Gundam 00). However, such important characters simply cannot be killed off in such an ignoble manner.

Also, there was something rather obviously weird about that explosion, aside from the fact that the sakuradite turned it pink. It didn't behave anything like a strategic-yeild weapon ought to. Firstly, there was no apparent release of heat, which should have vaporized everything near the edge of the core blast radius, including Zero. Secondly, after the glow of the blast disappeared, there was a vacuum effect that visibly sucked the Ikaruga towards the center. It could have been from an updraft, but again, there was no heat, so that's impossible. Finally, look at the shape of that crater. It's a perfect semisphere cut into the ground. It doesn't matter what kind of explosive you use or how powerful it is, you will not make that kind of hole in the ground, period. It will always be flattened because of the difference in the propogation of force through fluids, like air, and solids, like the ground.

Any Japanese adult would know these things, for obvious historical reasons.

Some people suggested that perhaps Nunaly was transported away at the last moment somehow, but I think it more likely that the entire landmass and everyone in it was transported somewhere by that blast. Those people are definitely not dead, unless they continued fighting on the other side, which is possible.

The episode even describes the primary effect of the weapon as being "Invasion of space by collapse effect," which might as well be Engrish for "we're going to pretend to kill these people but really just send them somewhere else through a spacial vortex or a wormhole or whatever."

soundmonkey44

[169]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    I agree with Montegoraon...O don't think Naunilly or sayoko Died I think they Either Escaped, got teleported, etc..Because I mena Wasn't one of the main Reasons Zero/Lelouch was doing what he's doing to make a better world for his sister Naunilly to live in...Plus the emperor Must know what an imortant bargining chip she is......I mean if she died Lelouch would be no holds bard...I mean He would go Hulk!!!

Runty_Grunty

[170]Aug 12, 2008

I had another thought as to a possibility of Nunnally's fate. I'm drawing this a bit off the Animesuki forums, but I think the original guy who did this had a nice idea.

http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/letkodahalpyou.jpg

Take a look at this image. There were two aircraft in the hangar, and according to theories, Nunnally and Miss Romeyer boarded separate planes. It was pretty much shown that Romeyer's plane got demolished by Fleija, but Nunnally's could've been ahead of the second plane and may have barely escaped the blast radius.

Now if that's true, there's also the issue of why Lelouch couldn't contact Sayako, who was on Nunnally's plane. Well, maybe Sayako never got a chance after the blast. The Emperor's flagship was in the area, so it's very possible that he might've captured Nunnally (and by extension Sayako) in the chaos of the explosion's aftermath. How he did this, however, is anyone's guess.

This is purely theoretical. But considering the evidence, I have a reasonable doubt as to whether Nunnally is dead or not.

nyfan

[171]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 20

Okay, all good possibilites. But take into account that the Emperor doesn't give a dam about Nunnally, he uses his children as tools. Maybe he is concerned about her as a tool, but not as a person, yet alone daughter.

But if she is dead, Leloush is even more dangerous. Because without his sister, the only thing holding him back from wanting to wipe out Britanna, he might out want to blow up Britanna and kill every Britannian. He is already very sinister and boarderline evil, but without Nunnally holding the thin line between good motives but evil execution, he now would have evil motivation, and completely join the dark side.

Edited on 08/12/2008 9:00pm
    Edited 5 total times.

Runty_Grunty

[172]Aug 12, 2008
    That's a good point. The Emperor wouldn't want Nunnally as a daughter, but as a tool for something. But then again, if Nunnally were completely unimportant to the Emperor, he probably would've done away with her already. There had to be some reason why he was keeping her alive...

And yes, Lelouch is definitely going to be more unstable now that Nunnally is MIA.

someguy0830

[173]Aug 12, 2008
    Runty_Grunty wrote:
    That's a good point. The Emperor wouldn't want Nunnally as a daughter, but as a tool for something. But then again, if Nunnally were completely unimportant to the Emperor, he probably would've done away with her already. There had to be some reason why he was keeping her alive...
    He was keeping her alive so she could be used as leverage against Lelouch if/when he regained his memories.

Runty_Grunty

[174]Aug 13, 2008

I'm not so sure about that. The Emperor's not stupid; he probably knew all along that Zero was Lelouch. I mean, who else would it be? It makes me think why the Emperor didn't just try and force Zero to remove his mask by openly threatening Nunnally. Who would stop the Emperor?

I still think the Emperor's presence near the battle is a bit suspicious...

someguy0830

[175]Aug 13, 2008
    Of course it is.

His stated reasons are all we have to go on, and it's not that hard to fathom. The Black Knights could always fake a Zero to gain support.

C0mputerboy

[176]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 14

So is there gonna be another forum topic or not?

nyfan

[178]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 20

Another reason why I think Nunnally is still alive, is no one has discovered Rolo true feelings of hatred and jealous for Nunnally. Eventully Leloush is going to have to discover that, and have to confront him, and probably put him out of his missery.

I thought all along that eventully Rolo would take Nunnally hostage and put her a gun to her head, and scream at Leloush he was going to kill her, and than they can live happilly ever after. And Leloush would have to find a way to save Nunnally from that situation from the delusion jealous fake brother.

If Nunnally dies at this point, no reason for that to happen. Unless Leloush grieves to much than Rolo can stand, and than he finally confeses his true feelings for Nunnally. But it lacks the drama unless Nunnally is there. We know Leloush would win, but if Nunnally at least there is some drama of will Nunnally live.