Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Episode 47: Emperor Lelouch English Dub Discussion

timekitten

[1]May 24, 2009
    • level: 10

Discuss R2 Episode 22. Adult Swim Video: (Up approximately Weds)

Um...nice to see you too? O_o

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[2]May 24, 2009
    • level: 27
    Sigh, and Lelouch abandons all pretense of good. Guess it was coming eventually, and at least he's doing it for a good cause. Wish he would have at least said something more in regards to Kallen, even if she didn't hear it.

virginia17

[3]May 24, 2009
    • level: 25

I liked this episode. Nina is on the road to redeeming herself and is back with her old friends, Milly and Rivalz, who are hiding her despite all she had said and done. The loyalty between friends is a touching thing.

And, wow. Nunnally's alive. That was certainly a shock for Lelouch, I'm sure.

Brodoin15

[4]May 24, 2009
    • level: 20

Lelouch can't get a break can he?

Finally kills his dad, and mom while he's at it, becomes Emperor, and get Suzaku on his side. In return he finds his beloved sister is still alive, which would be great if she wasn't against him and Suzaku.

ChosenOne42

[5]May 24, 2009
    • level: 21

Well, I guess when you've got nowhere else to go... you attempt to take over the world and betray all your old friends while somehow gaining your old frenemy and his BA new Knightmare and have him kill people he was fighting with for the entire f***ing season so you can continue to be a douchebag but your evil brother blows up your country's capital and tells you your blind sister wasn't dead after all and that she hates you now even though this whole way erverything you did was for her *inhales loudly for about 10 seconds*. Woah, that was fun.

Srsly though, why is Suzaku suddenly on Lelouch's side? Did I miss something in the last episode after he
    ***SPOILER***

Lelouch gets a 2/10, but this episode gets a 9.

Eman5805

[6]May 24, 2009
    • level: 14
    The hell's wrong with Lelouche? Why's he being all diabolical? Was it to provoke Snizel and draw him out? Well, it worked. And now you own sister wants to take you down.

Which doesn't seem...genuine for some reason. And something about what we learned about Marianne last episode isn't sitting with me right...

virginia17

[7]May 24, 2009
    • level: 25

How confusing. C.C. is still staying with Lelouch while Suzaku replaces Kallen as Lelouch's aid?

And how did Lloyd and Cécile end up working for Lelouch?

nopperabo

[8]May 24, 2009
    • level: 16
    virginia17 wrote:

And how did Lloyd and Cécile end up working for Lelouch?

Lloyd is a sociopath (he said so himself). He doesn't really care about ANYONE (except maybe himself), is completely amoral in the truest purest form of the word. Like Werner Von Braun in To Lehr's song he is "A man whose allegience is ruled by expediance." His work is pretty much everything to him. Why SHOULN'T he be working for Lelouch now that Lelouch is Emperor. He worked for Charles when Charles was Emperor and paying him, so now that Lellouch holds the Brittanian purse strings and is willing to bankroll Lloyd's work (and why wouln't he be, he's pretty much Rackshada's equal tecnically) actually accepting the offer is pretty much a no brainer. Like Willie Horton said when the asked him why he robbed banks the reason is becuse "That's where the money is" (okay I know that in fact Horton never said that, but he always said he wished he had)

Brodoin15

[9]May 24, 2009
    • level: 20

Like said above, Lloyd doesn't care who is in charge. I don't think he'd care if some random hobo was found on the streets and was placed on the throne as Emperor.

As for Cécile, I guess she just wants to stick with Lloyd, and since he is serving Lelouch, she is too.

magicwinxrocks

[10]May 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    I saw Nunnelly being alive coming,but what I don't get is her being against her beloved brother now. She can't possibly think siding with Schneizel is the better option? The same man who had a flare warhead built to murder millions and just used it again, and also she didn't mind siding with Charles again even though he was a monster and she knew this. The whole family's moral compass is f-uped. He seems to be really stuck up now to. He didn't have to ignore Rival like that. Also Susaku had better explain himself. His 180 was more off the wall then orange boy's was.
    Edited on 05/25/2009 10:02pm

vikkimae27

[11]May 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    this is a great episode... i was a bit sad that nunaly went to the other side, but im happy that lelouch and suzaku finally are on the same side. But the part where he crosses his legs is a bit creepy

JunkyJoe11

[12]May 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    [QUOTE="the part where he crosses his legs is a bit creepy [/QUOTE]Dido lol

danharr

[13]May 28, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode wondered what big turnabout we'd get towards the end of the series. Ok Lelouch goes dictator just like dear old dad and Nunnaly is alive nice with a fortress of superbombs can't wait to see how this end.

lights_justice

[14]May 29, 2009
    • level: 12
    Another great episode which confirms why Code Geass is one of my favorite animes. Friends become enemies and enemies become friends in the blink of an eye, and everything is up in the air (literally, in the case of Damocles). I'm anxious to see how Lelouch will deal with the new Schneizel/Nunnally situation and what his ultimate plans for the future are.

blackmagechris1

[15]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 12

ChosenOne42 wrote:
    Srsly though, why is Suzaku suddenly on Lelouch's side? Did I miss something in the last episode after he
    ***SPOILER***

I guessing he told his little accident about Euphemia. They must of spend alot of off-stage screen time discussing what happens in the past season and 3/4 clearing out their misunderstandings long before Lulu ended up in Emperor's castle.

So Lelouch ends up becoming a dictator and plans to rule the world but I believe he is trying to united the world, trying to make it peaceful. I doubt world peace can happen in real life but I'm willing to over look it seeing how it's portrayed. Gundam Wing's ending gets on my nerves because that ending makes no sense. How is the world going to defend itself if their planet is invaded from giant space whales.