Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Episode 50: Re; English Dub Discussion

Brodoin15

[21]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 20

Wasn't Guilford's knightmare's back against the blast of the bomb? I suppose it is possible he'd survive, just seems unlikely.

And Tohdoh also suspects Suzaku is Zero and it was all a plan, correct? He was always a smart character, it does not surprise me. Some other characters may have thought so, due to their reactions, but I guess we'll never know since it wasn't stated if they suspected so.

Since one of my questions was not answered, I'll say it again. Did anyone other than Lelouch, Suzaku, and I suspect Gottwald, know the plan and what was going to happen?

Speaking of Gottwald, he must've thought Lelouch's plan was a great deed and sacrifice to be willing to allow Lelouch to die, since he was so loyal to him.

Edited on 06/07/2009 3:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[22]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 27
    Brodoin15 wrote:

And Tohdoh also suspects Suzaku is Zero and it was all a plan, correct? He was always a smart character, it does not surprise me. Some other characters may have thought so, due to their reactions, but I guess we'll never know since it wasn't stated if they suspected so.

Since one of my questions was not answered, I'll say it again. Did anyone other than Lelouch, Suzaku, and I suspect Gottwald, know the plan and what was going to happen?

Speaking of Gottwald, he must've thought Lelouch's plan was a great deed and sacrifice to be willing to allow Lelouch to die, since he was so loyal to him.

The post-season materials lump everyone who isn't Kallen, Nunnally, Suzaku, and everyone else who didn't know for sure into "didn't get it." Tohdoh suspects, but he doesn't have a grasp on the whole truth.

There were people that weren't there (Nina, Lloyd, Cecile) that knew what was going to happen. No one else at the scene did.

Eman5805

[23]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    Are you sure, someguy? I distinctly remember CC talking to herself like she was speaking to someone else. And once she said Marianne's name just like she said Lelouche's name at the end.

Brodoin15

[24]Jun 7, 2009

I know that they, they being the creators in Japan as I am not sure what to call them, put Lelouch in the final character death list.

Personally, I think they should have left it open for fans to think if he died, or if C.C. was really talking to him. But that's just me.

Eaglesfan1204

[25]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 8
    There is a huge debate going on whether Lelouch is dead or not. Personally, I am objective but heer are some theories....

He Lives: He could have inherited the immortality code from C's World or he could have geassed a random person to imitate him and take the sword for him. He is also said to be the horse driver at the end.

He Dies: He got stabbed by a sword and people don't come back to life in this anime.

Unless they make a continuation(which would be awesome), I guess its up to us, the fans, to decide

someguy0830

[26]Jun 7, 2009
    Eman5805 wrote:
    Are you sure, someguy? I distinctly remember CC talking to herself like she was speaking to someone else. And once she said Marianne's name just like she said Lelouche's name at the end.
    Yes I'm sure. You should be, too. Marianne was in Anya. Most of 20 and 21 is devoted to the subject. Lelouch isn't alive.

game_masta14

[27]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 8
    Who knows whether he's alive or not, it just adds to the mysteries of this great anime. Now that it's over I'm going to be taking a look at one the spin-offs "Nightmare of Nunally" just for the hell of it.

magicwinxrocks

[28]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    Kallen's and Susaku's fight wasn't as badass as I thought it would especially compared to the last couple of episodes knighmare fights. I wonder if Susaku planned to let kallen *kill him* as part of the Zero Requiem? What was done to Schneizel was wrong and hilarious. He seemed to be so out of it while tied up in rages. I loved it lol. Jeremiah with an orange farm. The amusement never ceases with him. Weird how Nunnally voice sounds so strong in this ep but then when she gives him the key it sounded childish again. Lelouch was a monster yes,but It was sad seeing him die. I'm kinda wondering if he did *die* though. I mean who was driving that cart and C2 is usually not one to talk to herself. I've heard that he took his fathers geass and then for the code to be activated he had to die? Is that true? Lelouch must have been a special kind of monster for the whole world to embrace *Zero * as a hero now. So Villetta and Oghi are married now with a baby on the way. I would say ahh if it wasn't for the shooting him thing and then the second attempt on his life afterwards. I give this ending a 6/10.

virginia17

[29]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 25
    JunkyJoe11 wrote:

I think Code Geass is the best show I've ever seen in all my year's of watching anime (witch is about 7 year's)

By the way what happend to Cornelia and gillford? they did not show after that.

What Cornelia and Guilford are doing with their lives now, I don't know. But they were in the wedding picture. Didn't you see them?
    ***SPOILER***
    Maybe they'll get married too someday. And so will Lloyd and C├ęcile, and Gino and Kallen, and Milly and Rivalz, and Nina and Kanon. Hey, I can dream, can't I? .

I find it funny how out of those characters locked up in that prison, Rakshata was the only one not in on what's gonna happen at the execution.

I'm kinda disappointed how we never found out if Villetta and Ohgi had a baby boy or a baby girl (I bet a girl ).

A Geass R3 would be nice, but I think I'd rather see a Geass movie.

someguy0830

[30]Jun 8, 2009
    magicwinxrocks wrote:
    Kallen's and Susaku's fight wasn't as badass as I thought it would especially compared to the last couple of episodes knighmare fights. I wonder if Susaku planned to let kallen *kill him* as part of the Zero Requiem?
    He did not, or he wouldn't complain out loud about Kallen being too strong for him to win.

Brodoin15

[31]Jun 8, 2009

What if Suzaku did win the fight, though? How would that work with the plan, since his "death" actually helped sell that Zero was back, other than Kallen and Nunnally putting two and two together, along with the others in on the plan knowing, and Tohdoh's thinking it.

If he didn't "die" people might eventually be asking "Where's Suzaku?" since he had to act as the new Zero.

I still don't fully understand why Gottwald let it happen so easily. I kind of wish they'd show him being told the plan and then having a minor freak out before realizing how selfless and heroic it was. After all, when it all went down, he sure let it happen easily, dispite seeing Lelouch as pretty much a God. He was even the first to say "Hail Lelouch" after their victory.

Still feel bad for Nunnally, especially since she said all she needed to be happy was Lelouch alongside her.

Edited on 06/08/2009 3:50pm
    Edited 3 total times.

timekitten

[32]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    magicwinxrocks wrote:
    I'm kinda wondering if he did *die* though. I mean who was driving that cart and C2 is usually not one to talk to herself. I've heard that he took his fathers geass and then for the code to be activated he had to die? Is that true?
    Even though I love him to death, I'd rather he be dead. Otherwise, it REALLY undermines the sacrifice. =/ Plus, if he did die and came back immortal, you might as well call him Jesus.
    Edited on 06/08/2009 4:37pm

someguy0830

[33]Jun 8, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    What if Suzaku did win the fight, though? How would that work with the plan, since his "death" actually helped sell that Zero was back, other than Kallen and Nunnally putting two and two together, along with the others in on the plan knowing, and Tohdoh's thinking it.

If he didn't "die" people might eventually be asking "Where's Suzaku?" since he had to act as the new Zero.
    I don't know how many times I've gone over this elsewhere. They could have faked his death any number of ways: terrorist attack, car accident, turns traitor and hanged, etc etc etc. He did not need to fake his death against Kallen right then and there, nor could he because Kallen would have completely dominated him if he gave anything less than 110% (thank you Geass). Plus, as I've already pointed out, he says he was trying to win. What more do you need.

Phoenix6000

[34]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    JunkyJoe11 wrote:

MajLorne wrote:
    eleuthero01 wrote:
    Is Lelouch in Heaven or Hell?
    That's up to you to decide. But if his actions lead to world peace, maybe he is in heaven. of course assuming there is an afterlife.
    There is.

That's you're opinion and you're entitled to it. I choose to believe we only exist in this realm with nothing else to follow.

As for Lelouch, he's now living in the World of C, which is the equivilant of Heaven in the CG universe.

timekitten wrote:
    magicwinxrocks wrote:
    I'm kinda wondering if he did *die* though. I mean who was driving that cart and C2 is usually not one to talk to herself. I've heard that he took his fathers geass and then for the code to be activated he had to die? Is that true?
    Even though I love him to death, I'd rather he be dead. Otherwise, it REALLY undermines the sacrifice. =/

His death has been confirmed. It was the price he had to pay to bring about world peace.

Brodoin15

[35]Jun 8, 2009

someguy0830 wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    What if Suzaku did win the fight, though? How would that work with the plan, since his "death" actually helped sell that Zero was back, other than Kallen and Nunnally putting two and two together, along with the others in on the plan knowing, and Tohdoh's thinking it. If he didn't "die" people might eventually be asking "Where's Suzaku?" since he had to act as the new Zero.
    I don't know how many times I've gone over this elsewhere. They could have faked his death any number of ways: terrorist attack, car accident, turns traitor and hanged, etc etc etc. He did not need to fake his death against Kallen right then and there, nor could he because Kallen would have completely dominated him if he gave anything less than 110% (thank you Geass). Plus, as I've already pointed out, he says he was trying to win. What more do you need.

Alright, alright. I was simply asking. I don't know all the details to the show.

Brodoin15

[36]Jun 8, 2009

timekitten wrote:
    magicwinxrocks wrote:
    Even though I love him to death, I'd rather he be dead. Otherwise, it REALLY undermines the sacrifice. =/

:
    His death has been confirmed. It was the price he had to pay to bring about world peace.

I think they should have left it unconfirmed, leaving it up to the viewers to decide if he was alive or dead.

But then again, some people would expect another series or season if they had something like "Lelouch - ?" in the death list.

Edited on 06/08/2009 6:16pm

Eman5805

[37]Jun 8, 2009

someguy0830 wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:
    Yes I'm sure. You should be, too. Marianne was in Anya. Most of 20 and 21 is devoted to the subject. Lelouch isn't alive.

Well, first off, I never gave the assertion that Lelouch was alive. I'm not one of those fans.

Secondly, I know Marianne implanted her consciousness in Anya with her Geass, but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about C.C speaking to Marianne and then Lelouch at the end as if she actually were talking to them. Is that just immortality induced insanity or is she doing like Batman when Superman died in Justice League?

someguy0830

[38]Jun 9, 2009
    Eman5805 wrote:
    I'm talking about C.C speaking to Marianne and then Lelouch at the end as if she actually were talking to them. Is that just immortality induced insanity or is she doing like Batman when Superman died in Justice League?
    Kallen talks to Lelouch in the same way, and we know she can't speak to the dead. C.C. can't pose a question she expects no answer to?

Eman5805

[39]Jun 9, 2009
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:
    I'm talking about C.C speaking to Marianne and then Lelouch at the end as if she actually were talking to them. Is that just immortality induced insanity or is she doing like Batman when Superman died in Justice League?
    Kallen talks to Lelouch in the same way, and we know she can't speak to the dead. C.C. can't pose a question she expects no answer to?

Meh, well, just when you're dealing with an immortal power imparting witch, there's possibilities that there could actually be something to it, is all.

ChosenOne42

[40]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 21

Best. Ending. Evar.

Would've been better if the stupid internet hadn't ruined it for me But still, I didn't know how, and this was way f*****g cooler than anything I cooked up. Still, even though it was definitely for the best, it r was really sad to see Suzaku crying when he killed his former best buddy, and REALLY sad to see Nunnally crying over her brother after figuring out why he was being such a jackass on the Damocles.

But still, things are looking up for our favorite alternate reality, so that's good. So overall, sad but epic.

10/10

Edited on 06/11/2009 2:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.