Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Why does everyone hate Suzaku?

SoraRai

[1]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 5

Why does everyone hate Suzaku and love Lelouch?

Me personally I hate Lelouch. He's such a douchebag

I always found Suzaku to be noble, why does everyone hate him?

Please say so why

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[2]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 27
    Trying to drug a prisoner, using Nunnally against Lelouch (not to mention the blatant lie which he got called on), fighting against Japan's freedom and enslaving other countries in the meanwhile just so he can either do it his way or die a martyr... I could go on and on.

Noble my ass, Suzaku is a hypocrite as much as Lelouch is. Lelouch at least admits it. Suzaku hangs on to his self-righteous attitude whenever he can.

Brodoin15

[3]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 20

I don't like him all that much. Mainly because he's a hypocrite, as stated above.

He's willing to do things that are just as bad a Lelouch's. But he acts like "I'm Suzaku, so it's ok for me to do this, but Lelouch or anyone else? Nope. It's my way or the highway."

He may think he's being a good guy, but he's just as bad a Lelouch.

At least Lelouch is honest about what he's doing.

chess19

[4]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 3
    Well, there's the obvious. The story happens from the perspective of Lelouch, which lends quite a bit of sympathy his way. Other than that, well, I'd say people prefer Lelouch over Suzaku for the same reasons that people prefer the American Patriots over the Loyalists. Rebelling against authority is a popular idea, and people generally prefer the idea of working against the system over working within the system. Not to say that I entirely like Suzaku, I don't like many of the things he does just like I don't like many of the things Lelouch does.

bloodiedblade

[5]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 9
    I don't like him because he turned on his own country.

JunkyJoe11

[6]Mar 31, 2009
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Trying to drug a prisoner, using Nunnally against Lelouch (not to mention the blatant lie which he got called on), fighting against Japan's freedom and enslaving other countries in the meanwhile just so he can either do it his way or die a martyr... I could go on and on. Noble my ass, Suzaku is a hypocrite as much as Lelouch is. Lelouch at least admits it. Suzaku hangs on to his self-righteous attitude whenever he can.
    Thank you some guy0830 for proving my point. And also suzaku took lelouch to the empire and said to Lelouch (suzaku)I told you leouch I'm going to change the world"(lelouch) "Even if it means selling out your own firend's!?" (suzaku) "yes"

-XxAnonymousXx-

[7]May 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    Idk, too (didn't read the posts except for first one). I really like Suzaku!

Eaglesfan1204

[8]May 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    Again, someguy0830 said it all. Personally, I think Suzaku was ok until about midway through the first season and as for Lelouch, in all the anime I have seen, he is by far one of the best characters ever created. If you've ever watched the show, you would understand my point.

virginia17

[9]May 12, 2009
    • level: 25

I don't hate Suzaku either. I think he's loyal and honorable. The only thing that annoys me about him is his suicidal attempts, but that's to be expected from someone who lost someone he loved.

Because of that, I can't help but feel sorry for Suzaku right now, especially since he's really struggling to decide what's the right thing to do.

JunkyJoe11

[10]May 12, 2009
    virginia17 wrote:

I don't hate Suzaku either. I think he's loyal and honorable. The only thing that annoys me about him is his suicidal attempts, but that's to be expected from someone who lost someone he loved.

Because of that, I can't help but feel sorry for Suzaku right now, especially since he's really struggling to decide what's the right thing to do.

Loyal and honorable!? you need help.

Brodoin15

[11]May 12, 2009
    • level: 20

Suzaku isn't even loyal to himself. He keeps telling himself lies.

As for honorable? Maybe at one point, but not anymore. Far from it, in fact. He'd sell out anyone to get what he wants.

No wonder he and Lelouch were best friends at one point, they are pretty much the same.

Lelouch does something bad, he says so, he even takes the blame for it. If Suzaku does something bad, he wraps it up with a bow on top and tries to pass it off as a good thing.

virginia17

[12]May 12, 2009
    JunkyJoe11 wrote:
    virginia17 wrote:

Loyal and honorable!? you need help.

Yeah, well, that's your opinion. I was just telling what I think like everyone else, so ya don't need to insult me.

KingofIPirates

[13]May 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    Because he's a flip-flopping, self righteous, hypocrite who'll sell you down the river at a moments notice.

virginia17

[14]May 16, 2009

Wow. I didn't know Suzaku was such an unlikeable character. I thought Lelouch, Nina, Rolo, and the series' main antagonists (V.V., Schneizel, and Charles zi Britannia) were the disliked ones (Rolo's certainly my most hated character and Lelouch is my second most hated). Though I still like him, I would like to know more on why Suzaku's hated, if that's ok.

Was he always disliked by fans, or did he become hated after Euphemia's death?

someguy0830

[15]May 16, 2009
    Obviously you haven't gotten around the fandom. Lelouch is by far the most popular character, even after the series has ended. He ranks first in Newtype/Animedia/etc. polls fairly consistently. Suzaku got a bit of a boost at the end of the series, but people commonly do not like him.

vikkimae27

[16]May 18, 2009
    when saw the first few episodes, i thought suzaku was cool..... as time went on i realized that he's just plain selfish and only thinks of himself

JunkyJoe11

[17]May 18, 2009
    vikkimae27 wrote:
    when saw the first few episodes, i thought suzaku was cool..... as time went on i realized that he's just plain selfish and only thinks of himself
    I know.

Exia_Zero

[18]Jun 8, 2009
    Suzaku is so hypocrite!

-XxAnonymousXx-

[19]Jun 10, 2009
    Lelouch is a hypocrite sometimes too, but I guess people just like him so much to realize it.

someguy0830

[20]Jun 10, 2009
    -XxAnonymousXx- wrote:
    Lelouch is a hypocrite sometimes too, but I guess people just like him so much to realize it.
    Lelouch is an admitted hypocrite. Suzaku does not accept that fact about himself.