Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Why does everyone hate Suzaku?

  • Avatar of SoraRai

    SoraRai

    [1]Mar 27, 2009
    • member since: 09/21/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 56

    Why does everyone hate Suzaku and love Lelouch?

    Me personally I hate Lelouch. He's such a douchebag

    I always found Suzaku to be noble, why does everyone hate him?

    Please say so why

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [2]Mar 27, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Trying to drug a prisoner, using Nunnally against Lelouch (not to mention the blatant lie which he got called on), fighting against Japan's freedom and enslaving other countries in the meanwhile just so he can either do it his way or die a martyr... I could go on and on.

    Noble my ass, Suzaku is a hypocrite as much as Lelouch is. Lelouch at least admits it. Suzaku hangs on to his self-righteous attitude whenever he can.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [3]Mar 27, 2009
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478

    I don't like him all that much. Mainly because he's a hypocrite, as stated above.

    He's willing to do things that are just as bad a Lelouch's. But he acts like "I'm Suzaku, so it's ok for me to do this, but Lelouch or anyone else? Nope. It's my way or the highway."

    He may think he's being a good guy, but he's just as bad a Lelouch.

    At least Lelouch is honest about what he's doing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chess19

    chess19

    [4]Mar 28, 2009
    • member since: 12/12/04
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 44
    Well, there's the obvious. The story happens from the perspective of Lelouch, which lends quite a bit of sympathy his way. Other than that, well, I'd say people prefer Lelouch over Suzaku for the same reasons that people prefer the American Patriots over the Loyalists. Rebelling against authority is a popular idea, and people generally prefer the idea of working against the system over working within the system. Not to say that I entirely like Suzaku, I don't like many of the things he does just like I don't like many of the things Lelouch does.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bloodiedblade

    bloodiedblade

    [5]Mar 29, 2009
    • member since: 07/29/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,023
    I don't like him because he turned on his own country.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JunkyJoe11

    JunkyJoe11

    [6]Mar 31, 2009
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 62
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Trying to drug a prisoner, using Nunnally against Lelouch (not to mention the blatant lie which he got called on), fighting against Japan's freedom and enslaving other countries in the meanwhile just so he can either do it his way or die a martyr... I could go on and on. Noble my ass, Suzaku is a hypocrite as much as Lelouch is. Lelouch at least admits it. Suzaku hangs on to his self-righteous attitude whenever he can.
    Thank you some guy0830 for proving my point. And also suzaku took lelouch to the empire and said to Lelouch (suzaku)I told you leouch I'm going to change the world"(lelouch) "Even if it means selling out your own firend's!?" (suzaku) "yes"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -XxAnonymousXx-

    -XxAnonymousXx-

    [7]May 11, 2009
    • member since: 04/22/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 30
    Idk, too (didn't read the posts except for first one). I really like Suzaku!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Eaglesfan1204

    Eaglesfan1204

    [8]May 11, 2009
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 15
    Again, someguy0830 said it all. Personally, I think Suzaku was ok until about midway through the first season and as for Lelouch, in all the anime I have seen, he is by far one of the best characters ever created. If you've ever watched the show, you would understand my point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of virginia17

    virginia17

    [9]May 12, 2009
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 870

    I don't hate Suzaku either. I think he's loyal and honorable. The only thing that annoys me about him is his suicidal attempts, but that's to be expected from someone who lost someone he loved.

    Because of that, I can't help but feel sorry for Suzaku right now, especially since he's really struggling to decide what's the right thing to do.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JunkyJoe11

    JunkyJoe11

    [10]May 12, 2009
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 62
    virginia17 wrote:

    I don't hate Suzaku either. I think he's loyal and honorable. The only thing that annoys me about him is his suicidal attempts, but that's to be expected from someone who lost someone he loved.

    Because of that, I can't help but feel sorry for Suzaku right now, especially since he's really struggling to decide what's the right thing to do.

    Loyal and honorable!? you need help.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [11]May 12, 2009
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478

    Suzaku isn't even loyal to himself. He keeps telling himself lies.

    As for honorable? Maybe at one point, but not anymore. Far from it, in fact. He'd sell out anyone to get what he wants.

    No wonder he and Lelouch were best friends at one point, they are pretty much the same.

    Lelouch does something bad, he says so, he even takes the blame for it. If Suzaku does something bad, he wraps it up with a bow on top and tries to pass it off as a good thing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of virginia17

    virginia17

    [12]May 12, 2009
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 870
    JunkyJoe11 wrote:
    virginia17 wrote:

    I don't hate Suzaku either. I think he's loyal and honorable. The only thing that annoys me about him is his suicidal attempts, but that's to be expected from someone who lost someone he loved.

    Because of that, I can't help but feel sorry for Suzaku right now, especially since he's really struggling to decide what's the right thing to do.

    Loyal and honorable!? you need help.

    Yeah, well, that's your opinion. I was just telling what I think like everyone else, so ya don't need to insult me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [13]May 16, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    Because he's a flip-flopping, self righteous, hypocrite who'll sell you down the river at a moments notice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of virginia17

    virginia17

    [14]May 16, 2009
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 870

    Wow. I didn't know Suzaku was such an unlikeable character. I thought Lelouch, Nina, Rolo, and the series' main antagonists (V.V., Schneizel, and Charles zi Britannia) were the disliked ones (Rolo's certainly my most hated character and Lelouch is my second most hated). Though I still like him, I would like to know more on why Suzaku's hated, if that's ok.

    Was he always disliked by fans, or did he become hated after Euphemia's death?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [15]May 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Obviously you haven't gotten around the fandom. Lelouch is by far the most popular character, even after the series has ended. He ranks first in Newtype/Animedia/etc. polls fairly consistently. Suzaku got a bit of a boost at the end of the series, but people commonly do not like him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vikkimae27

    vikkimae27

    [16]May 18, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 20
    when saw the first few episodes, i thought suzaku was cool..... as time went on i realized that he's just plain selfish and only thinks of himself
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JunkyJoe11

    JunkyJoe11

    [17]May 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 62
    vikkimae27 wrote:
    when saw the first few episodes, i thought suzaku was cool..... as time went on i realized that he's just plain selfish and only thinks of himself
    I know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Exia_Zero

    Exia_Zero

    [18]Jun 8, 2009
    • member since: 06/06/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 11
    Suzaku is so hypocrite!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -XxAnonymousXx-

    -XxAnonymousXx-

    [19]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 04/22/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 30
    Lelouch is a hypocrite sometimes too, but I guess people just like him so much to realize it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [20]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    -XxAnonymousXx- wrote:
    Lelouch is a hypocrite sometimes too, but I guess people just like him so much to realize it.
    Lelouch is an admitted hypocrite. Suzaku does not accept that fact about himself.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.