Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Forums

Mainichi Broadcasting System (ended 2008)

Why does everyone hate Suzaku?

Brodoin15

[21]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 20

Yes. Suzaku is, or at least was, in denial about himself being a hypocrite. Which is why people tend to like Lelouch more. At least he accepts and admits that, while he is trying to do the right thing in the end, his ways of gaining that end are sometimes harsh and cruel.

Lelouch admits, or at least would admit, that he would sacrafice some of his troops in battle to gain victory. Suzaku would find something to hide behind if he did.

Edited on 06/10/2009 10:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ForumWatts

[22]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 2

someguy0830 wrote:
    Trying to drug a prisoner, using Nunnally against Lelouch (not to mention the blatant lie which he got called on), fighting against Japan's freedom and enslaving other countries in the meanwhile just so he can either do it his way or die a martyr... I could go on and on. Noble my ass, Suzaku is a hypocrite as much as Lelouch is. Lelouch at least admits it. Suzaku hangs on to his self-righteous attitude whenever he can.

I agree with most of it, i mostly hate him because he was willing to sacrifice to many people for his backwards nation, and almost sold his soul for it too, for all the wrong reasons, The emperor was using him to whole time, he seen Britannina brutality and still thinks he can change the world with all he done, when he finally knows the truth about geass he hates it but he sees the emperor with it. WTF.

also betrays anyone around him (but i like that about him)

sdavcgtfdjhgfv

[23]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    Its not that I like suzaku Its I hate lelouch.hes not a douche bag though.hes a lelouchebag

JunkyJoe11

[24]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 3
    sdavcgtfdjhgfv wrote:
    Its not that I like suzaku Its I hate lelouch.hes not a douche bag though.hes a lelouchebag
    That is the worst joke I have ever heard, I am not sorry.

sofia2173

[26]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 7

i didn't know people hated Suzaku.

he is my favorite character throw out the show!!!

and i don't hate lelouch either, why do i have to hate the one of them!?

and i also loved their relationship, it was the most compicated love hate relationship on tv!!!

Maylene

[27]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 13
    I like Suzaku, but yeah he's pretty unpopular in the USA (don't know about Japan). And I acknowledge that he's a hypocrite, like Lelouch. However I have to speak up, using the fact that he almost used Refrain on Kallen is moot. Because "almost" isn't the same as actually doing it. He stopped himself, and he apologized. Now, selling out his best friend to Charles? I find that kinda mirroring the Dark Knight. Let's face it, Suzaku went off the board when Euphemia died, sorta like Harvey Dent did when Rachel died.

But he found out that Zero, Euphie's murderer, is his best friend. That's gotta hurt a lot (and Lelouch doesn't even defend himself by saying it was an accident). And the reason why Lelouch is more favored is because, like someone pointed out, the story is from POV so we know his thoughts a little more and gains our sympathy. The creators even admitted that, and added that if he wasn't the main character--the audience would probably not like him as much.

someguy0830

[28]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 27
    Maylene wrote:
    However I have to speak up, using the fact that he almost used Refrain on Kallen is moot. Because "almost" isn't the same as actually doing it. He stopped himself, and he apologized.
    He stopped himself and apologized for the wrong reasons, which is almost as bad. He didn't stop because he felt he was doing something wrong to Kallen. He only stopped because of the quite frankly retarded opinion that what he was doing was similar to Geass. He also didn't apologize for her sake. He did it for himself. No one would dare assume such a paltry gesture would make up for such behavior. Like always, Suzaku was just trying to punish himself.

Maylene

[29]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 13
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Maylene wrote:
    However I have to speak up, using the fact that he almost used Refrain on Kallen is moot. Because "almost" isn't the same as actually doing it. He stopped himself, and he apologized.
    He stopped himself and apologized for the wrong reasons, which is almost as bad. He didn't stop because he felt he was doing something wrong to Kallen. He only stopped because of the quite frankly retarded opinion that what he was doing was similar to Geass. He also didn't apologize for her sake. He did it for himself. No one would dare assume such a paltry gesture would make up for such behavior. Like always, Suzaku was just trying to punish himself.

I see where you're coming from (it's been a while since I've seen the episodes both in Eng and JPN). But if it makes you feel better, in the end he's punished--at least IMO. His life was no longer his to live. ^_^;