Code Lyoko Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Season 5?

Do you want a 5th season?

clobsessed

[1]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 7

Since Code Lyoko finished in France recently and it's close to finishing here, the question of a fifth season is bound to pop into everyone's heads sooner or later. Here's the place to discuss your views on the possibility and any news of one if/when we get any.

Please, no flaming anyone of a different opinion or calling them a "hater" just because they may not want a fifth season.

Discuss...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CheapYugioh

[2]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 23
    I wouldn't mind a Season 5 as long as it is the same group of kids.

clobsessed

[3]Nov 11, 2007

Agreed.

Here's my full and complete view: They left the show open-ended just enough to allow a 5th season. Assuming it's the same group, I wouldn't mind a 5th season. However, for the first time, the season finale has been an ending. All the others were cliffhangers. So, if they decided to finish it now, I would be okay, but I definitely wouldn't mind a fifth season to tie up loose ends. Things like: Aelita's mom, the romance (Yumi finally picked Ulrich officially - now what? Are they going to start dating? Will they EVER finish that kiss?), and what exactly Project Carthage was. We know the basics, but why did the government want it? What was it's original purpose?

Generally speaking, I think that's how most people feel about it, but there's probably a few other people who have other opinions.

Edited on 11/11/2007 1:56pm

CheapYugioh

[4]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 23

Yeah those are the questions on most people's minds. I wouldn't mind a movie to end it all too if they don't decide to do a 5th season and if they do do the 5th season I wouldn't mind a movie anyway.

troop398

[5]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    The producers said at one point that they were thinking off making a special. This could tie up the loose ends. Don't know if they'd make it though....

timekitten

[6]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 10
    I'm fine either way. If this is the end, okay. If it's not, okay. There are only two things I really don't want to see if the fifth season comes:

1. The same old original gang. As much as I love the characters near and dear, I don't want them to get reused just like before. Nothing says I'm dragging the show out then using the same old characters in a new season after an epic closing finale. 95 was about the gang accepting that their time with Lyoko is over and moving on with their normal lives. You are going to be hard-pressed to convince me why the gang would suddenly turn around and get back on the virtual horse after that.

2. The magical get together with the original gang's children. We have too many fanfics dedicated to this, thank you. It's cliche and not very imaginative.

I think it'd be more interesting if a new gang came along and ended up finding and learning about Project Carthage. And I'm sure at some point there'd be some new and old gang interaction, especially if RTTPs are involved.
    Edited on 11/11/2007 7:05pm

virginia17

[7]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 25

As long as the same five main characters are there, either a Season 5 or a Code Lyoko Movie is fine with me (not a live-action movie).

I just want to see Ulrich & Yumi pick up where they left off in Routine . And if it's not too much trouble, get Odd an official girlfriend too (anyone but Samantha ).

Edited on 11/11/2007 8:05pm

shadowysea07

[8]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 25

I would like it if they changed things up a little like suddenly aelita doesn't have the ability to use towers anymore and they got william back.

I'm just sick of them using prettymuch the same formula over and over. Aelita deactivates the tower woohoo I've only seen her do that since season 1 DX

hmm maybe something like having to clear all the monsters out to get to another area and then a big boss battle followed by getting a fragment of hopper or someone. The once they get all the fragments they can stop xana from slowly taking humans and using them as his puppets. Plus every once in a while they'd have fights in the real world and lyoko

Edited on 11/11/2007 9:13pm

YamiNarutoBrief

[9]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 42
    timekitten wrote:
    I'm fine either way. If this is the end, okay. If it's not, okay. There are only two things I really don't want to see if the fifth season comes:

1. The same old original gang. As much as I love the characters near and dear, I don't want them to get reused just like before. Nothing says I'm dragging the show out then using the same old characters in a new season after an epic closing finale. 95 was about the gang accepting that their time with Lyoko is over and moving on with their normal lives. You are going to be hard-pressed to convince me why the gang would suddenly turn around and get back on the virtual horse after that.

2. The magical get together with the original gang's children. We have too many fanfics dedicated to this, thank you. It's cliche and not very imaginative.

I think it'd be more interesting if a new gang came along and ended up finding and learning about Project Carthage. And I'm sure at some point there'd be some new and old gang interaction, especially if RTTPs are involved.

i completely agree. As much as i'd hate to see it end, i'd hate it more if they chanced the great ending. Sigh, it wont be the same without it.

srebak

[10]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 18
    I'm just spitballing here, but what if they did make a season 5, but it was the "Lost Season"? You know, them showing episodes that took place somewhere between the other seasons.
    Edited on 11/12/2007 8:27am

Maetch

[11]Nov 12, 2007

It all has to end sooner or later, sadly. Me, I say it's time to move on.

Besides, it just makes things more fun for my CL fanfic, having those loose ends to tie up.

MajehKing

[12]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 16
    So far I do not see any conclusions to the fight with Xana. I have a feeling they're going leave it open.

clobsessed

[13]Nov 12, 2007
    My brain keeps saying it's over, but it also keeps going back to that secretary that was overheard saying a 5th season was in the works. Granted, a secretary could have it wrong. But, then again, she might not.

YamiNarutoBrief

[14]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 42
    srebak wrote:
    I'm just spitballing here, but what if they did make a season 5, but it was the "Lost Season"? You know, them showing episodes that took place somewhere between the other seasons.

ack, that sounds like milking it to me. Just a way around the ending.

lyoko_freak11

[15]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    I think that season 5 is going to have a whole new plot. No XANA, no William just them trying to find Franc Hopper but that's just what I heard. if you don't like it then please don't go yelling at me.

Camelot4ever

[16]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 4

I don't mind if they bring in one or two new characters that appears every now and then IF they should make a fifth season, i agree that some of the episodes are getting onesided, so some new faces would spice things up a bit, just as long as they do not take the attention from the original gang. I just can notand will not accept the idea of a whole new group of lyoko warriors.

Code Lyoko started with Aelita,Jeremie,Ulrich,Yumi and Odd, and it should end with them.

And if they should make a fifth season and if i had anything to say about it, i would DEMAND that Jeremie should start help operating missions from Lyoko, instaed of always sitting behind the super computer, it would have been so cool if his Lyoko persona were a back up and not a fighter, he would do what he usually does, but the only diffrence would be that he is with the others on Lyoko.

I just feel that he's always been a bit seperated from the gang, making him appear more often in 3D willdo wonders for him.

Edited on 11/14/2007 4:41am

clobsessed

[17]Nov 15, 2007
    I'm quite depressed...this is really not cool...

someguy0830 wrote:
    Ya'll are gonna hate reading this.

http://www.codelyoko.fr/index2.php?page=lirenews&id_news=659
    According to codelyoko.fr, there will be no Season 5. DVD might come out, but that's it.

codelyokofr wrote:
    Good evening to everybody, I have a very bad announcement for all Code Lyoko fans. Sophie Decroisette has announced that there will be no Season 5! This is truly the end of Code Lyoko's story. There will be a couple of episodes touching upon Waldo Schaeffer (Franz Hopper), and the Carthage project, but that's all.

I am sorry, and now, you may cry.
    See you later.

It's official, Season 5 be a pipe dream.

EverStray

[18]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 5

I think they should make a season 5. I mean we all have to see Pokemon and Naruto reach season 10, so who says Code Lyoko can't do the same? I just want to see a few things-

1. The same old gang.

2. Yumi x Ulrich action! COME ON!

3. Aelita's mom

Doesn't Franz Hopper die at the end of season 4? I saw screen shots for eppy 95, which is the last for season 4, and it showed a picture of Aelita crying in Jeremie's arms, so I guessed he died. (WHAT A SAD ENDING if it is the ending that is a really bad way to end a show. but still SAD ENDING!)

lighting_blond

[19]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 24
    Really? That's so sad.

dj_aelita_07734

[20]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 13

I heard (dont flame me if im wrong) that some dude from france 3 announced that season 3 was a go. He also said that the 1st eppy was called "New world" . again, thats just what I heard.

Personally, I want season 5. They left us hanging. I love the characters too much to let them go. They SHOULD make season 5, maybe about saving franz. In Lyoko, a whole season can change due to only a few microfragments. I dunno, I dont think they'll just end it like that, we didn't even see AxJ, and we barely saw UxY, or Aelita's mom.

No matter how or when it ends, CL is and will be forever the best show eva!!