Codename: Kids Next Door

Operation: S.P.I.N.A.C.H. / Operation: M.E.S.S.A.G.E.

Aired Weekdays 3:00 PM Jan 05, 2007 on Cartoon Network

• Nobody expects the Spinach Inquisition!

only saw S.P.I.N.A.C.H. on a rerun, and it was pretty nice. I saw the whole "Spinach Inquisition" coming and just screamed it out like the Monty Python fan I am! Another thing was that my brother, Gunnar, kept saying, "Hey, I like spinach; it's not that bad!" It was just pure irony to see Numbuh 2 actually liking the spinach...

In school, we had just wrapped up "Age of Exploration in America" in scoial studies, and it mentioned Amerigo Vespucci (I can't believe I can spell that right) and was later on the chapter review. Watching this episode, there were several inconsistancies with the paradied version of him.

First off, Amerigo Vespucci was a German, not a Spaniard. Second, he wasn't an explorer like Columbus, he was a mapmaker, yet he was, in a sense, important to America. Obviously, he is the person who called the New World "America." Not much is known about him, but he did not go on an expedition to the new world (I think so anyway). Maybe that should clear things up.
  • Overall, a good episode. Above average. Operation M.E.S.S.A.G.E. was rather mediocre, but Operation S.P.I.N.I.C.H. was rather good!

Now, I haven\\\'t seen this show in a loong time. My intrests have changed. But when I saw my sister watching the preview for this, I had to watch. The Spinach Inquisition? Don\\\'t tell me they\\\'d do it. Of course they would. Still, it made me smile inside. They would...rip off Monty Python. Indeed they did. Not as bad as I thought though. Anyway, to the review.

The first half (Operation S.P.I.N.A.C.H.) was rather good despite the stereotypical villian and stereotypical plot. The use of musical numbers as tortue was a good idea. However, the ending was very good. Turns out nobody likes the spinach! Since I hate that darn vegetable myself, it made me laugh.

Operation M.E.S.S.A.G.E. was mediocre. Another solo Two story, this time with a cowboys and indians motif. It borrowed the tricks of every John Wayne shoot-em-up movie there was. However, I liked the return of the pony express kids.

Overall, pretty good!