Cold Case

8 Years

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 08, 2006 on CBS

• This episode is about four friends who are close in 1980 when they are in high school. They have their whole lives ahead of them. Not long after we see them in the beginning, their lives all take dramatic turns. It is really about regret and lost love.

This episode is without a doubt my favorite, Mostly because the writing and music are so brilliant. The flashback scenes in this episode really hit dead-on with the music, especially with Bobby Jean,(even though this and No Surrender are goofs as far as mismatched years) Drive All Night, Stolen Car, and One Step Up. In fact, it hits so well, it's almost like the episode was written around the songs. My favorite situation of this episode that impacts me the most, is the love triangle between Sally, Clem, and May. It is so sad how Clem and May can't be together because Clem is trying to be faithful to Sally, but in the end, he hurt her even more by marrying her, having a kid with her, and making her so sad she cried every night. Only to end up leaving her for May after all that. But then it was nice that May and Clem got to be together again, even if just for awhile. My favorite scenes are definitely the flashback scenes. They are very powerful, and like I said, go along perfect with the lyrics in the music. I especially like in the Stolen Car flashback when the lyrics say, "At first I just thought it was restlessness, that would fade as time went by and our love grew deep. But in the end it was something more, I guess, that tore us apart and made us weak." And during these lyrics, it is showing Sally and Clem having their troubles and Sally alone as a new young, divorced mom. But in conclusion, I believe anyone who has ever experienced lost love and sadness in relationships will love this episode like I do. Definitely grab a box of tissues, especially when the flashback scene with the song Drive All Night comes on. This episode is what turned me into a die-hard Cold Case AND Bruce Springsteen fan. And for that, I say, thank you genius writers of Cold Case.