Cold Case

Bad Reputation

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 13, 2008 on CBS

• new guy....

I love new characters! ...but I hate this new guy. He just seemed...annoying, haughty, and just had a really weird personality. I really like when new characters come into shows because it's a breath of fresh air; maybe I just have a bad first impression, I hope his character gets more intersting. Anyways, I did like the main guest character (I'm really bad with names) which just got out of jail and wanted to change and did, but the cop got greedy and shot him. I really liked the story and I liked all of the flashbacks. Overall, good episode except for the new guy.
  • Great one but can't stand the new guy!

The show as usual was great as it had a case that was going back a little over eleven years earlier over a criminal with a severed hand. The guest star really was a good actor. Now on the new guy. Even though I like or usually like Bobby Cannival or whatever his name is spelled and pronounced on other shows and movies. I really couldn't stand him on this show. But hopefully he will warm up a bit. He really was getting on people's nerves, in particular Lily's. As I think it seems he will be a rival for Scotty over her affections the writer's think he is. So far, I don't like him.
  • Another good episode of Cold Case this time showing a man that could've turned his life around had he had any help. The victim wasn't on his own enduring but the fact that he had the world against him made you identify with him. We were

Another good episode of Cold Case this time showing a man that could've turned his life around had he had any help. The victim wasn't on his own enduring but the fact that he had the world against him made you identify with him. We were introduced to a new character who sadly feel into the new guy is an annoying jerk mold but he is entertaining. Always nice when the bad guy is unexpected in this case. A police officer was the true culprit because he wanted money from a robbery. Good episode about finding what's important in life and sticking to goals and not letting anyone stop you.
  • At the scene of a drug bust, the severed hand of ex-convict Peter "Pistol Pete" Doyle, believed to be on the run since his disappearance in 1997, is found in a freezer. In light of this, Lilly and the team reopen Doyle's case.

I found this episode of Cold Case to be interesting and well written, but it's not without its problems. I didn't care for the familiar storyline surrounding Doyle. He tries to make a serious effort to put the past behind him and start anew once he is released from prison, but society forces him back to the booze and his criminal ways (Yawn). This is redeemed somewhat by how his story, and ultimately his life, ends. Also, as other reviews have pointed out, the new guy does not look to be a welcome addition to this show. Good episode however.