Cold Case

Beautiful Little Fool

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 09, 2006 on CBS

• I wanted to like this episode, I really did, but it was just so boring!

I missed this episode the first time it came on but just caught the rerun tonight. This was one of the most boring and uninteresting episodes of CC that I've ever seen. The plot line was so lame, and the characters were so wooden. Violet was so annoying , I wanted Nick to smack her and believe me, I'm not one for violence against women. The ending was semi-interesting, they threw us off regarding the killer but the murder wasn't very plausible. However, I did enjoy when Lilly drunk dialed Kite. I loved the look on her face when he picked up the phone. I always liked her with him and I was hoping they'd bring him back into her life and if we're lucky, they will in Season 4.
  • Lilly re-opens the 1929 case of a woman, a songwriter, who was found dead in a ravine on Christmas Day when the victim's great-granddaughter comes in asking for help. Meanwhile, Lilly's estranged mother shows up, hoping to re-connect with her daughter.

Great episode. I love the storyline and the surprise ending of the Violet's life. I didn't see it coming. Bravo! And I love the era when it is set, the Roaring 20s. i believe this is the best episode yet. I hope there will be more episodes in that era. I so love it! And also, the story of Lilly and her mom is just so beautifully executed. I mean, is was set with that pregnant lady who wishes to know even a little about her great grandmother and here she was, her mom was already in front of her but she doesn't know her. Nice one, writers! I love the songs! Where can I get a copy of the songs Violet sang?
  • Splendid acting and storyline

The story is splendid. The story totally captured my heart. Not only this story shown how a girl from countryside wanting to change her life, it also shows @ the end of the show, she still being persistent being able to prove herself to the big city all by herself and not depending on any scandals or anyone. And it also shows that she loves her daughter and not like what her great-granddaughter would have thought the other way round that she abandoned her granny (Rose).

And I am glad to see Rush finally tried to do something with her mom. Though the ending didn't see it all but trying is always better choice than sitting there doing nothing.

Not only they show the relationship changes between the mother & daughter (Rush & her mom), it also shows that mother's love towards the daughter (Rush's mom didn't just forget about it and tried to make diff. towards Rush & also the victim, Violet didnt abandoned the daughter or just throw the baby to the father, Nick Bartleby, as if she's a piece of item). It's really a special episode to show the relationship between/among the diff. generations.
  • The great-granddaughter of a woman who was murdered in 1929, asks Lilly to re-investigate and find the murderer.

Through a journal, her songs, and grandchildren of the people involved, the suspect of Violet Polley's murder go from her boyfriend's to her boyfriend's former lovers.

I really enjoyed this episode. The farther back a Cold Case episode goes, the more I love it. I barely even payed attention to the storyline, I was just so intrigued by the decade. I was paying more attention to the clothing, the way they talked, and the actions of the people than the storyline.

The storyline itself was good as well. Back in those days if you were an unwed mother things were bad, but if you were an unwed mother without the baby's father things were worse.

This episode also introduced Lilly's mother for the first time. It was nice to see her in it, it helped provided a little more information into her past. Although, I didn't like when Lilly called Kite because I never liked him. I was so gald to see him go in the first season.

Personally I liked this episode, but if you don't like when they go back too far and really reach to hear the stories of what what happened this one's not for you.
  • An excellant episode of Cold Case, this one takes up back to the 1920's to investigate a murder of a talented young songstress.

This is the first time I've ever watched Cold Case & I'm glad I caught this episode. Named 'Beautiful Little Fool, the very talented Allison Miller plays beautifully gifted Violet Polley, an up & coming star in the 1920's. Murdered by jealousy & rage, the crew try to investigate what really happened to this young woman, the story brought back to life through her ancestors. I love the songs she sings - 300 Flowers & One Dress Left, a truly underrated actress & singer. The flashbacks were amazing & really highlighted the episode. The rest was a bore! 10/10 for captivating me!
  • Superb acting and setting!

This episode has it all: an interesting story, great acting and singing, historical reference, and a bit of glitz. And June Lockhart too! She's still lovely and talented. The actor who played Nick Bartleby was a perfect Gatsby. He seemed to live in the '20s. The same could be said of Violet, the victim. Her singing was soulful and true to the era. She stole the show. The parallel with Lilly's difficulties with her own mother played well with the great granddaughter's quest for answers to her family's problems. One weakness: the murder scene. It was rushed, and it may have been more effective had Felix accidently killed Violet. Instead, he bashes her in instant, unclearly motivated rage.
  • A woman's body is found in a ravine on Christmas Day in 1929. Lilly decides to reinvestigate the unsolved crime after the victim's great-granddaughter comes in and asks for help in solving the murder.

Take this little Kid from a farm, who moves to the city trying to be a songwriter. Despite all the enviroment she kept faithful to her dreams. She Found love, but she wasn't love back, had a baby, and the most important thing is that she never gave up her baby.
    I really like the way the victim managed herself in the first party she assist, where she meet her love of her live and rejected him. It was also tearfull the way she lost her life, trying to stay the person she've always been.
    Lilly partly takes on the case to distance herself from her mother, who shows up to tell Lilly that she is getting married and that she wants Lilly to be her maid of honor.
  • Great show as usual

This was a great show as usual
    And despite the team having nothing at all
    To rely upon since the case was 1929
    In order to get justice for the great-granddaughter of the woman murdered
    They rely upon diaries and old material
    From an attic as well as old tapings
    Meanwhile, Lily gets drunk and calls her old boyfriend as well as get reunited with her estranged mother
    Played wonderfully by Meredith Baxter
    Great show as usual!
  • First time watcher, first time writer.

A special episode for me to watch. My very good friend played Jackie, the husband to be. Hopefully he will be called back for more episodes. He is best known for his roles in Showgirls and Starship Troopers, "Its a bad planet, its a bug planet" You can find more at this link.
  • Great episode

I loved the clothes, the era, and the plot. The victim was great and had a beautiful singing voice. The killer was a little off his rocker. The friend at the women's center was uncalled for. She brought nothing to the plot except taking the victim to the party. I loved the blond actress giving the victim help.