Cold Case

Blood on the Tracks

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 18, 2007 on CBS

• This was one of my favorite episodes

One of my favorite movies of all time is "Return to Paradise" with Vince Vaughn and Joaquin Phoenix. Phoenix's character is on death row for a drug charge in Malaysia and the only way for him to be saved is if his two friends share responsibility on the drug charge and go to jail. This episode reminded me of that movie. The group of friends had to decide whether or not to come clean about their friend's death. If they did, they would go to jail. If they didn't, they would be miserable and have to live with their guilt. There is a real moral dilemma in this episode. What would you do if you were in that situation? Like "Return to Paradise" it really makes you think. The twist at the end was good too. The acting was great as usual. Even though this episode might be considered somewhat slow compared to other episodes, this is one my favorites. The writing, the acting and directing was superb. I felt like I was watching a four-star movie when I was watching this episode. It didn't feel like a TV show at all, which really speaks volumes. Cold Case became my favorite show at the beginning of the 4th season, and it just keeps getting better. I watch reruns of the 2nd season sometimes on TNT, and this show has definitely improved a ton.